Earbuds Round-Up
Mar 29, 2018 at 11:37 PM Post #29,596 of 75,317
Mojito owners can anyone tell me what the version with the red/blue lettering ‘Rose’ logo on a silver backplate is?

Is it a new variant or an older one. I know the very old ones had red/blue back plate but the one i’m familiar with has this design

B6A5496D-BE10-4D2E-87E9-B06935F88E07.jpeg

but not the one with ‘Rose’ inscribed in red/blue like this

BAB7909E-454F-4EDD-929D-4458DBEBD749.jpeg

Is there a sound difference? I know the old and new had a difference in vocal presentation, but is this first one pictures and the red/blue lettering one the same? Thanks

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2018 at 12:27 AM Post #29,598 of 75,317
Mojito owners can anyone tell me what the version with the red/blue lettering ‘Rose’ logo on a silver backplate is?

Is there a sound difference? I know the old and new had a difference in vocal presentation, but is this first one pictures and the red/blue lettering one the same? Thanks

They are the same version. There are only two versions of Mojito: (1) the original handbuilt limited edition with red/blue badge (the one I have, pic in the first post) and (2) the 3D printed mass production version. Your top picture shows the earlier mass production version with the old rectangular badge where the bottom picture shows a later mass production version with the rounded badge. The only difference between them is the badge.

Mar 30, 2018 at 12:34 AM Post #29,599 of 75,317
I have the newer 32 ohm one I think

Now this i recommend. A bit smoothed out on the mids and treble, but that warm bass and enveloping soundstage is addictive. One of my favourite

"Addictive" is good!

I'm looking at them here:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/201...or-Earbud-Earphone-With-MMCX/32810127070.html

Actually not looking... ordered! And shipped within 15 minutes :)

They are coming with an "over ear" cable that probably won't work well for me. But, I'll be able to use the **** PT15 cable to wear them down, so no problemo. Kinda cool that I can get a balanced cable to use with the Radsone.

Anyway, I have a good feeling about these (as long as the bass or treble isn't toooo overwhelming).

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2018 at 12:41 AM Post #29,600 of 75,317
"Addictive" is good!

I'm looking at them here:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/201...or-Earbud-Earphone-With-MMCX/32810127070.html

Actually not looking... ordered! And shipped within 15 minutes :)

They are coming with an "over ear" cable that probably won't work well for me. But, I'll be able to use the **** PT15 cable to wear them down, so no problemo. Kinda cool that I can get a balanced cable to use with the Radsone.

Anyway, I have a good feeling about these (as long as the bass or treble isn't toooo overwhelming).

I like using them over ear, but regular down position works nice too.

I hope you'll like it, it is one of the buds that i like very much, both the sound and looks

Mar 30, 2018 at 12:54 AM Post #29,601 of 75,317
the svara L is special, if it has just a bit of sparkle on the top end, it would kill the samsara in my book. even now, though i rated the samsara higher because technical performance, the svara still wins for me overall, with it's hall like soundstage it's and big, warm bass

Btw, this helped seal the deal for me as well.

Mar 30, 2018 at 1:42 AM Post #29,603 of 75,317
Finally, pulled the trigger with the Moondrop Liebesleid. Hell yeah it's expensive. Hope it's worth the risk and price and no fit issues for me whatsoever. Thanks to all who shared their thoughts especially to ClieOS, chinmie, ctaxxx and sean.

Mar 30, 2018 at 1:49 AM Post #29,604 of 75,317
What’s the difference between the 2017 Svara L and the 2018 Svara L Pro? There is one store on Ali that has the Pro version and it has a black grill vent while the regular one has silver?

Dunno. I saw that asked before, but don't think I saw an answer.

Finally, pulled the trigger with the Moondrop Liebesleid. Hell yeah it's expensive. Hope it's worth the risk and price and no fit issues for me whatsoever. Thanks to all who shared their thoughts especially to ClieOS, chinmie, ctaxxx and sean.

Congrats! Knowing that we are kindred spirits (relating to the $29 graphenes), I'll be looking forward to your impressions :)

Mar 30, 2018 at 2:35 AM Post #29,605 of 75,317
What’s the difference between the 2017 Svara L and the 2018 Svara L Pro? There is one store on Ali that has the Pro version and it has a black grill vent while the regular one has silver?

The treble is more extended on the Pro, while bass is better tamped. However, the vocal range is also a little grainy. I'll advise using full foam for the best result, or you can try EQ down the 1~2kHz range by a few dB.

Mar 30, 2018 at 3:32 AM Post #29,607 of 75,317
Dunno. I saw that asked before, but don't think I saw an answer.

Congrats! Knowing that we are kindred spirits (relating to the $29 graphenes), I'll be looking forward to your impressions :)

Sure wayne. I'm trying to be optimistic on everything about it. :)

Mar 30, 2018 at 3:58 AM Post #29,609 of 75,317
They are the same version. There are only two versions of Mojito: (1) the original handbuilt limited edition with red/blue badge (the one I have, pic in the first post) and (2) the 3D printed mass production version.
Besides the badge, there have been different versions of Mojito with the body made with transparent or opaque colored plastic. The blue version has been described as superior to the transparent:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/earbuds-round-up.441400/page-1257#post-13339704
However, only the transparent body has been available for the past year (I've been checking). Vendors on AliExpress still list different color options but only have transparent in stock, for example: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Ros...hile-Detachable-Cable-Earbud/32778507302.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Back