Earbuds Round-Up
Mar 29, 2018 at 12:50 PM Post #29,537 of 75,478
I didn't like the sound of the Graphene at all. For me it has good clarity but lacking in punch and some details. Not sure why but both emxs-500 and the ry4s are richer in sound. Perhaps there's something wrong with my graphene e?

Maybe. Fit might be part of it as well. I find that I need to angle the stems forward to get a good seal and hence the bass. And the foams used might have an effect (although I only use donuts with them).

Mar 29, 2018 at 1:05 PM Post #29,538 of 75,478
The split opinions seem bizarre to me - almost like people are listening to different earbuds. Anyway, if mine broke I would instantly buy another pair since I like mine so much.
Absolutely, I’d buy another set in a shot. I loved them straight out of the box, but as time went on the mids lost none of their forward ness but become smoother and more satisfying. And the bass opened up with better texture and I was able to push it further and deeper with no distortion. Nice timbre and nothing wonky going on at all. I can’t quite fathom why the massively differing opinions, it must be different suppliers? Different drivers??

Mar 29, 2018 at 1:17 PM Post #29,539 of 75,478
I really enjoy the $29 2017 New NICEHCK DIY Graphene Earbud, and the VX Pro's are at around the right price for me. I listen mainly to progressive rock, rock, trance, and I am hoping that the VX's would satisfy. If you or anyone else has any further opinions (or other options around the same price), then I'm all ears. Thanks.

I have nothing to add.

Mar 29, 2018 at 1:37 PM Post #29,541 of 75,478
Mar 29, 2018 at 2:23 PM Post #29,542 of 75,478
Absolutely, I’d buy another set in a shot. I loved them straight out of the box, but as time went on the mids lost none of their forward ness but become smoother and more satisfying. And the bass opened up with better texture and I was able to push it further and deeper with no distortion. Nice timbre and nothing wonky going on at all. I can’t quite fathom why the massively differing opinions, it must be different suppliers? Different drivers??

I tried to follow the thread and lost it. Which set are you referring to in this comment that you "loved..straight out of the box". I have a cart at AliExpress I'm trying to finalize before the sale ends on me! Thank you.

Best,

Mar 29, 2018 at 2:36 PM Post #29,543 of 75,478
Just discovered this thread, was exactly what i was looking for and am looking forward to going through it.

I've always been envious of the form factor and freedom on the move offered by in ears, but unfortunately due to susceptibility to ear infections i cant use anything which penetrates the ear. I've so far been restricted to full size headphones and have sought to find a good pair of non penetrative earbuds with decent sound quality. Does anyone have any suggestion as to what the best earbuds in terms of SQ may be?

Mar 29, 2018 at 2:47 PM Post #29,544 of 75,478
I tried to follow the thread and lost it. Which set are you referring to in this comment that you "loved..straight out of the box". I have a cart at AliExpress I'm trying to finalize before the sale ends on me! Thank you.

Best,
Yeah, it’s all become rather confusing hasn’t it lol.
This one, it’s the link from my actual purchase, just to be sure -
http://s.aliexpress.com/A3aaIRjE

Mar 29, 2018 at 2:55 PM Post #29,545 of 75,478
Yeah, it’s all become rather confusing hasn’t it lol.
This one, it’s the link from my actual purchase, just to be sure -
http://s.aliexpress.com/A3aaIRjE
Those are just way too inexpensive to me to even consider. Kidding. They're in my cart to seriously consider. Thank you.
I'm listening to Seahf AWK-F150C High Impedance right now, amp'd with my Creative e5. Very nice (lots of sub bass) but must be properly powered. On my iphone X they're horrible.

Mar 29, 2018 at 3:04 PM Post #29,546 of 75,478
Those are just way too inexpensive to me to even consider. Kidding. They're in my cart to seriously consider. Thank you.
I'm listening to Seahf AWK-F150C High Impedance right now, amp'd with my Creative e5. Very nice (lots of sub bass) but must be properly powered. On my iphone X they're horrible.
Well I have the F150C’s, and whilst they are a decent bud I find the mids a little distant and unangaging compared to the graphenes, and once they were burnt in the graphenes have even better bass (all IMO of course). NICEHCK are a good seller and I am sure you have a better chance of getting a decent set like myself and Waynes World than most of the other sellers.
Good luck and happy listening

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2018 at 3:22 PM Post #29,547 of 75,478
Just discovered this thread, was exactly what i was looking for and am looking forward to going through it.

I've always been envious of the form factor and freedom on the move offered by in ears, but unfortunately due to susceptibility to ear infections i cant use anything which penetrates the ear. I've so far been restricted to full size headphones and have sought to find a good pair of non penetrative earbuds with decent sound quality. Does anyone have any suggestion as to what the best earbuds in terms of SQ may be?
Price? they go from $3 to $700

Mar 29, 2018 at 3:39 PM Post #29,550 of 75,478
Hi, does anyone have any suggestions for earbuds that would be similar to the Rose Mojitos (preferably under $200)? I really like them but the fit is sort of awkward on one side. Just started looking into earbuds after ignoring them for years due to Apple earbuds...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back