Earbuds Round-Up
Jan 26, 2018 at 8:32 PM Post #27,601 of 75,317
So true! I've felt like joking about that in the past here (like you just did), but I've been scared about pissing him off LOL!
(if you are reading this Lee - we love you!)
I know, that is why I put the wink there........ we all live in fear of being the object of a Facebook tirade and getting booted from the Clan! :sweat_smile:

Jan 26, 2018 at 8:52 PM Post #27,602 of 75,317
This is old news to you guys in the group, but new to me. My Vido's arrived a week ago and I've been in cheap earbud audio bliss ever since. This has to be more than just new gear excitement, right? These things are so good I haven't listened to my Shozy BK's since I got them...

Using the Vido's and an old iPhone 4S 64gb I can create (and just did) a rig for one of my boys (who cares about sound more than the others) for less than $60. That really makes you think...

STOP! You’re not allowed to like $1 earbuds more than $150 earbuds! It’s just wrong lol :p

Now excuse me while I sob in the corner, broke and clutching my stardust’s...

Jan 26, 2018 at 9:24 PM Post #27,605 of 75,317
Sorry mis worded, my bad!
whipping.gif

Jan 26, 2018 at 9:51 PM Post #27,606 of 75,317
Oh my goodness, that seems like a lot of work! If I buy something expensive from an Ali seller in the future, I will definitely do that.

yes, it is a bit of a hassle, but that's the game that they expect us to play if we want to complain about their product, so i just play along.
in my case, i just put my phone on a tripod, and record while opening and testing if there's defect or anything else. if there's no problem i just simply delete them

Jan 26, 2018 at 10:11 PM Post #27,607 of 75,317
STOP! You’re not allowed to like $1 earbuds more than $150 earbuds! It’s just wrong lol :p

Now excuse me while I sob in the corner, broke and clutching my stardust’s...

It happens... A lot.. :sweat_smile:

Jan 26, 2018 at 11:02 PM Post #27,609 of 75,317
Guys of those of you who use smartphones (without external dac/amp) with your buds how satisfied are you with it?

I need a single source (neutral-slightly warm, flat reference sound) to use for everyday as a phone and player. LG V20 is great for full size headphones but lacking in low impendance mode under 50 ohms which basically covers all my earbuds.

Dunno what my next step should be, might look into getting a meizu pro phone from china, apparently they are very natural and detailed sounding.

I'm late to reply to this...and still a newbie so forgive this if it's a dumb reply, but have you considered a Lightning DAC for your iPhone? I use a Blucoil Aqua which draws power from the lightning port and thus is pretty small. It uses Wolfson DACs versus Cirrus Logic in the iPhone so has a slightly different sound signature. I don't have too many headphones or more power needy earbuds, but it drives my old Sennheiser 540s pretty nicely.

Jan 27, 2018 at 1:33 AM Post #27,611 of 75,317
Does Final Acoustics have earbuds of their own worth looking at? Is this the same as Final Audio Design of Japan that produces the Sonorous headphones and Piano Forte and other IEMs?

That would be a question for Sir @ClieOS.

There is no relationship between Final Acoustics and Final Audio Design.

Jan 27, 2018 at 5:19 AM Post #27,612 of 75,317
@chaiyuta i'm just browsing this thread, and i stumble upon your bluetooth cable:
P71104-014306.jpg

what is it? do you have the link to buy this?

Jan 27, 2018 at 7:03 AM Post #27,614 of 75,317
I know, that is why I put the wink there........ we all live in fear of being the object of a Facebook tirade and getting booted from the Clan! :sweat_smile:

Well I feel like doing something risky and daring today so I´ll go ahead and say in a normal world Lee from VE should live in fear of pissing his customers off not the other way round. Lee if you´re reading this and thinking of retaliation I have two words for you: SweetEars :yum:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back