Earbuds Round-Up
Jan 26, 2018 at 12:43 PM Post #27,586 of 75,317
@waynes world

Last time I checked the tracking, my white 120ohm Monk Lite were on the way to Heathrow. My 40 ohm SPC one arrived last Saturday...8 days after I ordered. Have you checked your tracking? We are in a race:) I ordered about an hour earlier than you.

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2018 at 12:43 PM Post #27,587 of 75,317
“ the latest K's flagship is named Poseidon, while Final Acoustics is the company that partnered with K's to develop these new earbuds (including the bell series).

Technically both Liebesleid and Poseidon are at the current ToTL level, but sonically they aretuned very differently. Liebesleid is detailed, open and almost neutral with a particularly good female vocal. Poseidon is warm, musical,smooth and enveloping with an excellent lowend.

Details from ClieOS.

Poseidon for the win! (at least for my ears!)

Jan 26, 2018 at 12:52 PM Post #27,588 of 75,317
Poseidon for the win! (at least for my ears!)
They complete each other, you need both :)

Maybe rewire one poseidon and one liebsleid to right left channels and have the ultimate sound xD

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2018 at 12:53 PM Post #27,589 of 75,317
Last time I checked the tracking, my white 120ohm Monk Lite were on the war to Heathrow. My 40 ohm SPC one arrived last Saturday...8 days after I ordered. Have you checked your tracking? We are in a race:) I ordered about an hour earlier than you.
I am sure mine will arrive later.

I bagged the last piece of 120 white offered today... then I coughed out some blood.

Someone who've tried in vain to get it must be hating me. Nyek nyek nyek

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2018 at 1:02 PM Post #27,590 of 75,317
I am sure mine will arrive later.

I bagged the last piece of 120 white offered today... then I coughed out some blood.

Someone who've tried in vain to get it must be hating me. Nyek nyek nyek

I know, I had my quotes mixed up. Wayne and I both ordered last Friday. I had to get up to do it during what was the middle of the night for me. Yes, 6am is the middle of the night for me.:) Happy the time was announced earlier in the week. I did not even know about this weeks batch.

Jan 26, 2018 at 1:17 PM Post #27,591 of 75,317
“ the latest K's flagship is named Poseidon, while Final Acoustics is the company that partnered with K's to develop these new earbuds (including the bell series).
Does Final Acoustics have earbuds of their own worth looking at? Is this the same as Final Audio Design of Japan that produces the Sonorous headphones and Piano Forte and other IEMs?

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2018 at 1:26 PM Post #27,592 of 75,317
Does Final Acoustics have earbuds of their own worth looking at? Is this the same as Final Audio Design of Japan that produces the Sonorous headphones and Piano Forte and other IEMs?
That would be a question for Sir @ClieOS.

Jan 26, 2018 at 1:35 PM Post #27,593 of 75,317
Last time I checked the tracking, my white 120ohm Monk Lite were on the war to Heathrow. My 40 ohm SPC one arrived last Saturday...8 days after I ordered. Have you checked your tracking? We are in a race:)

I know, I had my quotes mixed up. Wayne and I both ordered last Friday. I had to get up to do it during what was the middle of the night for me. Yes, 6am is the middle of the night for me.:) Happy the time was announced earlier in the week. I did not even know about this weeks batch.

They like you a lot better than me. Mine are still "in transit at country of origin". Hopefully the tracking is just behind and they are sitting in my post box (not likely!).

Jan 26, 2018 at 1:48 PM Post #27,594 of 75,317
thank you! which one is the best for female vocals? and how about the mojito?

the Mojito is great, but not for everyone. it is bright and revealing (too revealing for some). i remember the first time I tried them to listen to them, i almost immediately took them off. for instrumentals and classical though, it's the best.

Liebesleid is really similar to mojito, but with warmer sound that it can do modern music really well. if you like female vocal, it's great for that. oh, it also have more solid build than mojito.

i also like the Yinman 500 (fatter mids) or 600 (slightly leaner mids than the 500) for female vocals. the Liebesleid still bested them on SQ and details.

after looking at the reviews of liebesleid i think this is the winner. but i'm still open to suggestion!

well, the Liebesleid is one of those buds that actually gives me goosebumps.. so yes, you can't go wrong with it.

Jan 26, 2018 at 2:31 PM Post #27,595 of 75,317
IMG_1130.jpg
If you like vocals and backbeat, these Faaeal Narcissus 300ohm buds are for you. Not that hard to drive, but if you have this setup, it sounds great. A bit EQ'd down on the top end highs, but warm and clear. Very thick sounding.

Jan 26, 2018 at 8:07 PM Post #27,598 of 75,317
This is old news to you guys in the group, but new to me. My Vido's arrived a week ago and I've been in cheap earbud audio bliss ever since. This has to be more than just new gear excitement, right? These things are so good I haven't listened to my Shozy BK's since I got them...

Using the Vido's and an old iPhone 4S 64gb I can create (and just did) a rig for one of my boys (who cares about sound more than the others) for less than $60. That really makes you think...

Jan 26, 2018 at 8:25 PM Post #27,599 of 75,317
Did you notify the seller? If an item of low cost comes damaged or broken, there are times when the seller won’t ask you to return it, just prove that it’s broken and send you a new one. Wild Lee from VE just has you make a video of yourself cutting the item into pieces and send it to him.
In this case, I did not. This was only the second time I have had an issue with something from an Ali seller. The first time was when I purchased an IEM (DZAT DF-05) from AK Audio Store and when I removed them from the box, the cable pulled right out of one ear. (Must have been a lousy solder connection. I have since heard that that model had QC issues). The seller offered a full refund if I paid for return shipping with tracking (which would have been almost the cost of the IEM), or a discount off a future order. That one burned, because the problem item was part of a $138 purchase.

The broken Moondrop Nameless came from NiceHCK. It wasn't Jim's fault and he couldn't have known as the box they came in was sealed and not damaged. I did not contact him, though in retrospect I probably should have, because he does seem to care about customer service. I guess I was just put off by the DZAT experience.

Lee from VE is exceptionally good about taking care of problems....... unless you piss him off. :smiling_imp: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

always record the unboxing, so you have proof when making a complaint to the seller. some seller would settle with sending a new one or refund without the need to return the broken unit
Oh my goodness, that seems like a lot of work! If I buy something expensive from an Ali seller in the future, I will definitely do that.

Jan 26, 2018 at 8:30 PM Post #27,600 of 75,317
Lee from VE is exceptionally good about taking care of problems....... unless you piss him off. :smiling_imp: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

So true! I've felt like joking about that in the past here (like you just did), but I've been scared about pissing him off LOL!
(if you are reading this Lee - we love you!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back