Earbuds Round-Up
Dec 1, 2017 at 7:02 AM Post #25,456 of 75,463
Hello folks, long time lurker, first time poster here.

Over time I accumulated handful of buds, to be exact VE moks+ (3 pairs :), Yincrow x6, Seahf AWK-F32T, **** DIY EMX500 and finally the Graphene (the new 2017 i guess). I also own quite some over ears but this is not topic for those. I am powering all my gear thru Aune X1s (+smsl sap6 if power needed).

The question is - i need an upgrade, from all buds I own i like EMX500 the most. Is there any difference between ****, fengru and such sellers?
I like the textured and detailed bass on EMX500's, also its clarity, separation and soundstage, really nice mids and vocals too, but I want more.. I'd like to spend up to 150eur but i could squeeze a couple more eurys :) It should be able to ship to Europe :)

Any suggestions? Tnx :)

Dec 1, 2017 at 7:04 AM Post #25,457 of 75,463
I have been using graphnes with my colorfly c3 all morning. Sounds very clear and spacious

Dec 1, 2017 at 7:10 AM Post #25,458 of 75,463
I don't know can it? You say you have both? Why don't you tell us haha

As for the mid range vs shozy bk, I think only panda has the ebx and as far as I remember he does not have the shozy bk unfortunately.

Edit: No he does not as far as his inventory list is concerned... by the way @HungryPanda you have a pretty incredible collection of headphones there, not to mention the IEM's and of couse earbuds too!
Thank you sean I do suffer from the head-fi affliction and a love of listening to music :)

Dec 1, 2017 at 7:44 AM Post #25,459 of 75,463
Thank you sean I do suffer from the head-fi affliction and a love of listening to music :)

I appear to have contracted this disease. I have always loved listening to music, but the head-fi earbud problem has kicked in. :)

My 11.11 order arrived this week. I'm burning in just now. I'm sceptical about burning in, but since there are at least as many who state burn in is required, I make a point of doing this first. I had a quick listen to the Samsara last night and was impressed. I'll need to listen further later today.

Dec 1, 2017 at 7:48 AM Post #25,460 of 75,463

Over time I accumulated handful of buds, to be exact VE moks+ (3 pairs :), Yincrow x6, Seahf AWK-F32T, **** DIY EMX500 and finally the Graphene (the new 2017 i guess). I also own quite some over ears but this is not topic for those. I am powering all my gear thru Aune X1s (+smsl sap6 if power needed).

The question is - i need an upgrade, from all buds I own i like EMX500 the most. Is there any difference between ****, fengru and such sellers?
I like the textured and detailed bass on EMX500's, also its clarity, separation and soundstage, really nice mids and vocals too, but I want more.. I'd like to spend up to 150eur but i could squeeze a couple more eurys :) It should be able to ship to Europe :)

something more in line with the EMX500 would be the K's 500 or Samsara

Dec 1, 2017 at 7:57 AM Post #25,461 of 75,463

for testing ambience and background sound

this is really beautiful thank you
this thread is becoming such a mess... is the earbuds renaissance over?
I like to test my earbuds with Dopplereffekt (Bass; Treble, speed, soundstage)

one a more serious note:

Blur "black cable" scales really well. I'm am using nuansa A1 amp and sound is very rich yet still musical. nuansa A1 and P1 have rather intimate; foward sound wich balance very well with the expansive soundstage of the blur.
on the other hand, I've been using ps100-600 from puresounds P1 and it's surprisingly easy to drive. actually, it suffers from overload and i hear distortion using the amp with it. Sound is very clear and musical with the P1 alone. I fail to really be really critical about it because it's one of the best and most balanced sound I ever heard. The sound is much more refined and controlled over the Z2.

I have the eking diamond from the vietnamese maker, a mid centric analytic earbuds from vietnamese make (forgot his name) I paid roughly 40usd shipped for them. It sounds really good and imo a great alternative from the blur if you plan on using only zishan Z2 are similar lower end "hifi source" (whatever that means) because it really shine there and it's half the price. Minor point is that the cable is super stiff and light; very annoying when using while moving.
I did not notice a difference as dramatic as the graphenes when using the eking diamond with nuansaP1 FYI. (graphene sounds kind of harsh and thin on my zishan - more smooth and thick on nuansa)

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2017 at 8:20 AM Post #25,462 of 75,463

You know normally I just suggest Rose Masya to anyone who says EMX500, because Masya has a similar presentation of soundstage but with much improved mid range and vocals and equal extension on both ends. Just in a higher resolution and much cleaerer sound.

But I'm thinking maybe the Nicehck EBX could be a good choice for a more comfortable fit as the Masya has a very unorthodox design and takes quite a bit of tinkering to get it to fit well with foam and such.

Nicehck EBX costs €116 on aliexpress. It's the first premium product of diy seller Nicehck. Hungry Panda can tell you more possibly if you need to hear impressions. From what I've hard so far it is an all round excellent earbud with deep bass, energetic mids and clear high's. The build looks very solid too and it has a detachable cable.

Get it on the mobile app for a slight discount, here's the link https://www.aliexpress.com/item/201...32839701923.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.pPAR72

Dec 1, 2017 at 8:45 AM Post #25,463 of 75,463
I like both the Masya (beautiful open sounding earbuds) and the NiceHCK EBX ( lively, toe tapping little powerhouse buds)

Dec 1, 2017 at 9:40 AM Post #25,464 of 75,463
Life has been keeping me busy with a new baby so I am unable to dip into this hobby for a while. Some of my buds are collecting dust and they deserve a new home.

Thus, with sadness, I announce I am selling my favourite buds, the rare and elusive, Diomnes Lv 2.

They are past burn-in phase but nothing beyond that. Everything is in pristine condition. Check the For Sale forum for details or PM me.

Dec 1, 2017 at 10:58 AM Post #25,467 of 75,463
what kind of music do you think good for EBX?
I enjoy indie rock, post rock, edm, fusion and acoustic music on them, practically anything. They are that good

Dec 1, 2017 at 12:26 PM Post #25,470 of 75,463

Users who are viewing this thread

Back