Earbuds Round-Up
Sep 8, 2017 at 8:03 AM Post #22,817 of 75,462
it is actually just a block of wood with a cutout, you can dock an android or a whatever on it.
Not much of a fan of products that ship with pointless extras like that or the metal badge thingy! Would rather they put that money into the actual product or take it offthe price... lol

Earbud cases I can understand, but still my favourite package to open is the barebones earbud and foams only. That way I know the company is putting it into the product... in most cases :)

Last edited:
Sep 8, 2017 at 8:31 AM Post #22,820 of 75,462
Not much of a fan of products that ship with pointless extras like that or the metal badge thingy! Would rather they put that money into the actual product or take it offthe price... lol

Earbud cases I can understand, but still my favourite package to open is the barebones earbud and foams only. That way I know the company is putting it into the product... in most cases :)
It is supposed to be a marketing ploy. The company assumed you will place the whatever-in-the-box on your desk. Consequently, your friends and colleagues will be lured into getting their products :D

ok, that's a lot of assumptions....

Sep 8, 2017 at 9:00 AM Post #22,821 of 75,462
It is supposed to be a marketing ploy. The company assumed you will place the whatever-in-the-box on your desk. Consequently, your friends and colleagues will be lured into getting their products :D

ok, that's a lot of assumptions....

These days I like to think consumers are more aware of product quality and less enticed by marketing ploys when buying products... then again beats headphones are still successful so maybe not... lol

I bought the RX1 based on reviews for night use because it's apparently quite comfortable but seeing all these extra gimmicks isn't my cup of tea lol.

I hope the earphones themselves are quality.

Last edited:
Sep 8, 2017 at 9:52 AM Post #22,823 of 75,462
Are you using any foams? I find the EMX500 brighter than the Graphene.

@springbay you're not the only one but I wound't call it's useless.

I have a DIY graphene and I don't think it's great.

At first listening, it's very bright. So bright and sound so synthetic, I can't listen to them very long.

Let it burn for a while and it got better but still on the bright side.

It's a forward sound earbud so the sound stage is quite in-your-head kine of sound. Punchy sound, good impact.

High to upper mid is color, mid is forward and low doesn't go deep. Just mid bass, very little sub bass.

I took it out and listen to it again for the last few days when I see many member comment about it but my thought of it still the same.

Sep 8, 2017 at 11:45 AM Post #22,824 of 75,462
Are you using any foams? I find the EMX500 brighter than the Graphene.

I don't find the EMX500's to be too bright, so I'm happy to read that I might not find blood dripping out of my ears with the graphene's :wink:

What foams are you using with the graphene's? Fwiw, I use the supplied red foams with the EMX500's (and monk+ thin foams on the Vido's, otherwise bass overblown).

Sep 8, 2017 at 11:52 AM Post #22,825 of 75,462
I like warmth, so I use thick foams for most of my buds.

I don't find the EMX500's to be too bright, so I'm happy to read that I might not find blood dripping out of my ears with the graphene's :wink:

What foams are you using with the graphene's? Fwiw, I use the supplied red foams with the EMX500's (and monk+ thin foams on the Vido's, otherwise bass overblown).

Sep 8, 2017 at 12:28 PM Post #22,826 of 75,462
I wouldn't say one is better than the other. They both sound amazing. Just different sound signatures. If anything, Graphene has slightly better mids and soundstage, but depends on the song.

If you have the budget, get one. It's good to have a variety of sound signatures in your collection in case you get bored of one.

Budget earbud these days are simply incredible. I remember during the Yuin PK days, it's very easy to tell apart from budget to TOTL, like night and day. But today, the lines are becoming blurry.

I like warmth, so I use thick foams for most of my buds.

I like a bit of warmth as well, and I also like to have some variation, and I like things that "sound amazing". So I am looking forward to hearing this enigmatic graphenes :)

Sep 8, 2017 at 12:56 PM Post #22,827 of 75,462
I apologize in advance for this being slightly off topic, but I'm looking for the little wings or fins that help keep ear buds situated in the ear. I got a couple of them when I bought the Monk Plus accessory pack, and they really help. Now that I have the Vido and the DIY EMX 500 on order, I'd like to buy some more wings, but can't locate on Ali. Can anyone help?

Sep 8, 2017 at 1:17 PM Post #22,828 of 75,462
I apologize in advance for this being slightly off topic, but I'm looking for the little wings or fins that help keep ear buds situated in the ear. I got a couple of them when I bought the Monk Plus accessory pack, and they really help. Now that I have the Vido and the DIY EMX 500 on order, I'd like to buy some more wings, but can't locate on Ali. Can anyone help?

Here and here. I didn't order this, can't say if these are good. You could find more in the suggested items on the bottom of each page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back