Earbuds Round-Up
Jul 20, 2017 at 9:34 AM Post #21,646 of 75,287
My review of the Rose Masya for anyone that's been interested in that model. Overall thoughts is that they are an excellent ear bud with great comfort and a well-rounded, versatile signature that can every once in a while show some unneeded treble energy. Other than that, it's awesome.

https://www.head-fi.org/f/showcase/rose-masya.22316/reviews#review-18889

DSC01534.JPG DSC01536.JPG DSC01537.JPG

Jul 20, 2017 at 2:34 PM Post #21,648 of 75,287
Every time I hear my original Apple Earbuds which came with iPod Nano 1st gen, I eel that clarity wise no other buds can meet that standard, Still really sweet warm sound. Not sure why Apple decided to go for earpod which is not comfortable at all. In fact later released earbuds were also not this much good.

Jul 21, 2017 at 7:42 PM Post #21,654 of 75,287
Hi mates
Is there anyone who has bought a diy pk2 with black cable? If so, is there any sonic difference between the white cabled one?

I have both, no difference according to my listening tests. Also confirmed with nicehck.

Jul 21, 2017 at 9:29 PM Post #21,656 of 75,287
So, I found some foams in my stock that were very similar to the Hiegi Donut Foams, but thicker. I remembered they came with the Edimun V3 earbuds. Listened to them and was surprised to hear they boost the bass even more so than generic thick foams! I put these on the CampFred 2, and the sub-bass was insane! A lot of rumble, maybe too much on some songs lol. And since they are donut foams, the highs aren't washed out (as much). I think it does make it more V-shaped though. Still interesting. Might keep them on.

Edit: Maybe keep them on the QFred buds instead...

Last edited:
Jul 22, 2017 at 8:32 AM Post #21,657 of 75,287
So, I found some foams in my stock that were very similar to the Hiegi Donut Foams, but thicker. I remembered they came with the Edimun V3 earbuds. Listened to them and was surprised to hear they boost the bass even more so than generic thick foams! I put these on the CampFred 2, and the sub-bass was insane! A lot of rumble, maybe too much on some songs lol. And since they are donut foams, the highs aren't washed out (as much). I think it does make it more V-shaped though. Still interesting. Might keep them on.

Edit: Maybe keep them on the QFred buds instead...

I need these foams

Jul 22, 2017 at 10:00 AM Post #21,658 of 75,287
This Blur earbuds by Mr. Wong seem very interesting. I understand there is cable difference between 魔声 and 魔音 versions, but how is the sound differences?
And how about this newer 魔王(devil king)version, the name suggests they are the king...

Last edited:
Jul 22, 2017 at 8:51 PM Post #21,659 of 75,287
Are you thinking to buy extra ? I bought the white cable one, now it is turning green.
Not really a subtle.sight in office.

I got the silver cable version (yup turned green too!) and like it so much got the black as a backup pair. The cord that with the plug/jack in the middle is kind of useful since I sometimes use an inline mechanical control. Love the DIY PK2 as an all rounder!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back