Earbuds Round-Up
Apr 22, 2017 at 7:21 AM Post #19,817 of 75,423
buy & try

I wouldn't know even if I bought them, as I don't have BK to compare them with, but it is tempting even with my collection of earbuds

Apr 22, 2017 at 7:39 AM Post #19,819 of 75,423
well,yesterday ordered black

If I wanted something warm. I would be better off with something like the Yinman 150 though wouldn't I ? Although I want my Bass and details too. 
biggrin.gif

Apr 22, 2017 at 8:14 AM Post #19,821 of 75,423
Ohh.. Nice :kissing: How is it? Any link, plz :open_mouth:

Astrotec is a well-known name so I assume some seller will pick it up soon. I haven't spent much time on it yet, but I can say I like it more than Lyra 6. Lyra 6 doesn't sound particularly 'flagship' to my ears, at least Lyra Classic does it better. As for Svara L, it comes from a very small DIY maker from Taobao. I am not sure I will call it ToTL yet, as I too haven't spent enough time with it - but it is overall a very good sounding earbuds, plus pretty good build quality.

Apr 22, 2017 at 9:04 AM Post #19,822 of 75,423
@Fabi may help, he own campfred and stardust :)

Yup bro, I got your pair of Blue Darth as well 
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

http://www.head-fi.org/t/826036/cypherus-audio-products-discussion-thread-campfred-earbuds-qfred-earbuds-and-cax-golden-reference/780#post_13444350

Apr 22, 2017 at 2:27 PM Post #19,825 of 75,423
OK this is just first impressions, however I picked up the Seahf 32S, Seahf 32 (white), and TY Hi-Z 32 balanced from the post office today.

These might be 3 of the best value earbuds I've heard.

Reasons I ordered the Seahf buds was out of pure interest, as I'd read they were tuned differently from the equivalent TY buds, with a suggestion (and hope) they may be tuned a bit less harshly. The sceptic in me expected them to be the same earbuds with different branding.

I ordered the TY 32 balanced because I'd ordered the Cayin N5 which has balanced output, and so this and the balanced Monk+ were budget balanced options to try out. Again, with my experience of the standard version, I was taking a bit of a chance.

On first impressions over a few hours, I'm a bit shocked. Especially as I'm sure the Seahfs will have been around a while yet don't seem to get a mention in the top budget lists.

None of the 3 have any harshness issues, and yet retain so much clarity, and both the Seahf buds extend to some quite impressive sub bass where needed.

I recommend all 3, no hesitation, to anyone who likes the TY 32 and 32S, but also to anyone who found the upper mids on these to be offputting like myself.

I'd put them all a fair bit ahead of the TY 150 as well, to my ears, and I think they may well overtake quite a few others of my sub-£30 earbuds as well (Yinman 150 and K's 300 even I'm looking in your direction).

Your mileage / preferences / ears may vary. I'll post an update after extended use to rule out any new toy syndrome!

Now, roll on the diy PK2's and the Vido :-D

Apr 22, 2017 at 2:40 PM Post #19,826 of 75,423
OK this is just first impressions, however I picked up the Seahf 32S, Seahf 32 (white), and TY Hi-Z 32 balanced from the post office today.

These might be 3 of the best value earbuds I've heard.

Reasons I ordered the Seahf buds was out of pure interest, as I'd read they were tuned differently from the equivalent TY buds, with a suggestion (and hope) they may be tuned a bit less harshly. The sceptic in me expected them to be the same earbuds with different branding.

I ordered the TY 32 balanced because I'd ordered the Cayin N5 which has balanced output, and so this and the balanced Monk+ were budget balanced options to try out. Again, with my experience of the standard version, I was taking a bit of a chance.

On first impressions over a few hours, I'm a bit shocked. Especially as I'm sure the Seahfs will have been around a while yet don't seem to get a mention in the top budget lists.

None of the 3 have any harshness issues, and yet retain so much clarity, and both the Seahf buds extend to some quite impressive sub bass where needed.

I recommend all 3, no hesitation, to anyone who likes the TY 32 and 32S, but also to anyone who found the upper mids on these to be offputting like myself.

I'd put them all a fair bit ahead of the TY 150 as well, to my ears, and I think they may well overtake quite a few others of my sub-£30 earbuds as well (Yinman 150 and K's 300 even I'm looking in your direction).

Your mileage / preferences / ears may vary. I'll post an update after extended use to rule out any new toy syndrome!

Now, roll on the diy PK2's and the Vido :-D

Is this the same Seahf 32s with mic that you have?

2017 New Seahf AWK-F32 In Ear Earphone 32ohms Earbud Flat Head Plug Earplugs DIY HIFI Bass Headset Kill Monk Earbud
http://s.aliexpress.com/I7NjINVn
(from AliExpress Android)

Apr 22, 2017 at 2:47 PM Post #19,827 of 75,423
Is this the same Seahf 32s with mic that you have?

2017 New Seahf AWK-F32 In Ear Earphone 32ohms Earbud Flat Head Plug Earplugs DIY HIFI Bass Headset Kill Monk Earbud
http://s.aliexpress.com/I7NjINVn
(from AliExpress Android)

Yep that's the one. The other is same seller, no mic and a few quid more, and has a sort of clear whitish cable. That one might just have the edge, but is more expensive as I say and has no mic (although that doesn't bother me). Either way, it's close and both sound outstanding to my ears.

Haven't tried the mic yet btw. Pleased to say the mic is really light though and doesn't cause the earbud to pull out at all (which can put me off mic'd options)

Edit, just plugged into my phone and tried a call with the mic, all fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back