Earbuds Round-Up
Apr 15, 2017 at 2:09 AM Post #19,637 of 75,541
A huge shout out to Mr. Wong Kuan Wae and his new "Blur 魔女":

Amazing earbud. Clarity is just fantastic. Vocals are up front and hauntingly good. Soundstage is well above average. Highs have the smoothest detail, never bright and definitely not fatiguing. Bass is on the lighter side, but what can be heard down low is perfectly controlled. The signature can be classified as the slightest bit mid-centric and the tuning is spot on for this type sound.

Build is unique, as there is a hefty coil near the Y splitter. This added weight to the cord allows the earbuds to sit firmly down in the ears. The cable is thinner and a little springy. The housing are clear and are marked by tubes of red and blue for correct stereo sound balance.

The Blur 魔女 is EASY recommendation from me. I just can't get over the wonderful precision of the playback.

If this type of earbud interest you, just hit up Wong Kuan Wae directly.

--

Apr 15, 2017 at 2:53 AM Post #19,640 of 75,541
I asked in another thread but I guess it really should be asked here.

how's Yinman shell in terms of comfortable in ear.?

It looks like Mr Z tomahawk that I own. Tomahawk is not quite comfortable. I can consider qian39 and edifier shell as really comfortable and monk style just OK.

Thanks in advance.

Apr 15, 2017 at 2:56 AM Post #19,641 of 75,541

It looks like Mr Z tomahawk that I own. Tomahawk is not quite comfortable. I can consider qian39 and edifier shell as really comfortable and monk style just OK.

Thanks in advance.
very good, really

Apr 15, 2017 at 8:59 AM Post #19,642 of 75,541
Here is the MMCX connector on Yinman 600.

With stock connector and cable:

My balanced cable with Eidolic MMCX connector.

Since you're looking at cables with mic, I guess that means you want to use this 600 ohm earbud directly on a phone. I've tried it on a Galaxy S7 and it isn't bad but needs more power to fully come to life.

Glad to see no possible issue with the connector, as mine should be here next week.

Apr 15, 2017 at 12:23 PM Post #19,643 of 75,541

Thanks in advance.

I guess you having same issue with me, small ear hole :). Yuin and qian 39 are most comfortable for me, mx500 shel, just OK. This yinman 600 have a different way to fit, although its flat shell quite big, but it doesnt nee dto go in our ear too deep and actually it kind of seal from outside sound. I feel listen more 'live' sound with their method of sealing :). Hope it help

Apr 15, 2017 at 12:48 PM Post #19,645 of 75,541
Thanks for the answer guys. I guess the back of shell is different from Mr Z tomahawk. It's the back shell that I suspect hurting my ears.

Agreed that loose fitting is the way to go with earbud (at least it's my preference) especially mx500 shell type.

Apr 15, 2017 at 11:02 PM Post #19,646 of 75,541
Hi Rkw,

What is the spec of your balance cable with eidolic pin ? How much ?

I got it from Impact Audio Cables, which is frequently recommended in the head-fi community. You can get cheaper cables from Asia, but the owner Lindsay builds custom high quality cables at a reasonable price, and I like to support this type of cottage industry. I've ordered from him before and have always been happy with the quality.

This is the listing: https://www.etsy.com/listing/230423524/custom-made-4-foot-silver-plated-copper. My cable with Eidolic MMCX and Eidolic 2.5 TRRS termination is $80. Everything is custom build-to-order and you can have it made to any spec you want. Orders take about 3 weeks. He normally makes this particular cable for IEM with over ear loop. If you just want it to hang straight down from the earpiece, be sure to ask for it.

Apr 16, 2017 at 10:42 AM Post #19,649 of 75,541
Hey guys, been a while I left earbuds for IEM. Want to taste again, is there interesting new earbuds behind 50 bucks? Like neutral or slighty mid-centric sig and Yuin like shell, but I'm really open to try anything if the quality is here.
Gonna be married with Dragonfly Black.
Thx!

Apr 17, 2017 at 4:03 AM Post #19,650 of 75,541
  Someone ordered UiiSii U2 few weeks back. Did you receive them? Any review? 

Not worth it, it only looks nice... Its sounds OK on its own, but the moment you listen to a better bud such as SHE3800 etc, you can hear its not as clear.

I am waiting for Yinman 150, HCK DIY Pk2 + Zishan Z1 DAP (moar power)

Here is my current 'top list' of my buds, in my preference:

1more EO320 - i feel its balance is really good overall (for my selection :))
Edifier H180 - same signature as SHE3800, but a slight step up in all areas
SHE3800 / MDR-808+ - same quality, slightly different signatures
Qian39 - excellent in all except highs
**** PT15 - unique sounding, needs EQ
Monk+ - i want to merge this with the Quians :)

Benjie K9 bud - i need more power to test this lol ..... 31/31 on the Benjie K9 and it sounds quiet, comparison i use the EO320 at 17/31, or 60/100 on the Shanling M1
UiiSii U2 - sounds cheap
RY04 - i don't like the signature...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back