Earbuds Round-Up
Apr 1, 2017 at 3:53 PM Post #19,336 of 75,326
Hehehe... Yes it is confusing.. By the way i just watched an episode of "The Americans" using the monks+ and it was very nice... Strangley it needed a little more amping from my tube amp than my full size 32oms cans... But the dialogs where very clear and everything was very detailed.. I enjoyed them alot... Hard to believed that a 5 dollar bud can offer such sound... What makes me think how will the zen 2.0 and ty 650 i ordered will sound like...

Based on a brief experiment with my TY HP650, pretty good. As in, very :-D

Edit - forgot how good these sound generally, I need to give them more play time.

Apr 1, 2017 at 6:48 PM Post #19,337 of 75,326
  Looking at selling my Crow Audio Ravens, the fit has been nagging me slightly due having a stiff sort of cable. If anyone is interested feel free to PM me.

how do the raven compared to the diomnes, edimun and the red demun? 

Apr 1, 2017 at 11:56 PM Post #19,338 of 75,326
Hehehe... Yes it is confusing.. By the way i just watched an episode of "The Americans" using the monks+ and it was very nice... Strangley it needed a little more amping from my tube amp than my full size 32oms cans... But the dialogs where very clear and everything was very detailed.. I enjoyed them alot... Hard to believed that a 5 dollar bud can offer such sound... What makes me think how will the zen 2.0 and ty 650 i ordered will sound like...

Mate, like what flamesofarctica said, everyone have their own preference for sound and setup at home or for portable use. Even ur design of the ear canals alters the experience of listening hence it u enjoy the Monk+, just stick with it and leave this thread.

Not to chase u away but the more u read, i can guarantee u will end up with many buds for ur movies / TV, just saying :wink:

Apr 2, 2017 at 12:49 AM Post #19,340 of 75,326
I see what you mean... All in all the monks are great, just lacking a bit of bass, thank you all for all your help

I like the qian 25 for tv/movie streaming. I think they are very natural sounding.  Plus,  They have stronger mids than the qian 39 for better dialogue and more bass than the monk+ for added foundation and dynamics.  I just ordered two more for backups.

Apr 2, 2017 at 2:31 AM Post #19,343 of 75,326
Hey guys, just wanna share something I came across:

Sharp 1bit earbud (balanced with extension cable)
I must say this is the best 5 bucks I ever spent in this hobby. 

Those are the buds that came with my Sharp DR7 portable minidisc player back in the day :wink:

Apr 2, 2017 at 6:05 AM Post #19,345 of 75,326
  how do the raven compared to the diomnes, edimun and the red demun? 

I take it back... they arent for sale now.  Changed to donuts and man oh man they are awesome!! 

Would put them around the Diomnes in performance... slightly higher than the Demun and Edimun.

Apr 2, 2017 at 6:15 AM Post #19,346 of 75,326
Anw just to check if anyone recabled their TY32? I was thinking abt it but the cables seem to be kinda solid like the Monk+ if not better.

Apr 2, 2017 at 6:27 AM Post #19,348 of 75,326
The she3800 are in ear? Where do you buy then from? Are they good?

U can get it from fasttech. Price to performance wise i would say its super worth it though it goes the same for the Monk+, Qian39, TY32, Awei ES10.

Apr 2, 2017 at 7:47 AM Post #19,350 of 75,326
  Anyone experienced burn-in with Yinman 150? I got the one with brown cable... first thought was it must be broken, no mids at all. Then I found a tune with lots of space between the instruments, that sounded amazing. But its like some part of the sound is very centered, and another part is extremely large sounding, difficult to describe. 

Looking forward to getting to know it, but currently its very choosy tune wise. Hopefully will experience some burn-in from either it or my ears
smile.gif

Just want to say I've found out my yinman 150 are out of phase using

http://www.audiocheck.net/audiotests_polaritycheck.php

Hopefully I'm right in that the in-phase examples should be more focused than out-of-phase. That's the case with my other buds, but its the opposite with the yinman.

Probably a beginners mistake not recognizing that right away, but now I know how it sounds:)

Of course I'll ask seller for another pair, but have anyone succesfully opened them? I can't open the jack with my fingers alone, and at the bud end I'm a little afraid if the cable can enter the bud if I pull the front off

Users who are viewing this thread

Back