Earbuds Round-Up
Mar 31, 2017 at 2:40 PM Post #19,291 of 75,297
Not bassy and not warm, yes, similar to Monk+.

Hmm. Monk+ are just Ok. Not bad but if they have more Bass and Sub-Bass and some thumping and also warmness and of course, slightly smaller size of speakers and slightly better quality of cable (they tangle badly), then I guess it will be huge improvement. I guess Monk+ manufacturers can upgrade it to the above level and easily cost $10-15 without any doubt and I am sure they will be able to sell them in same quantities.

Are you aware of any bud with above requirements?

Mar 31, 2017 at 2:48 PM Post #19,292 of 75,297
And flat cable, don't forget the flat cable. And the mic
normal_smile .gif

Mar 31, 2017 at 7:41 PM Post #19,294 of 75,297
Anyone have any comparison or reviews of Apple Earpod clones? My brother really loves Earpods both in fit, form factor and sound and no matter now many IEMs and earbuds I try to sway him with, he keeps going back to Earpods. I have nothing against them, but $30 a pop does add up when they crap out every few months. He's gone through 4 pairs and keeps asking for more. If there are any budget clones that sound equally good, or better, I would love to send him an earpod survival kit that will last at least a couple years. Thanks!

Apr 1, 2017 at 3:09 AM Post #19,295 of 75,297
  And flat cable, don't forget the flat cable. And the mic
normal_smile%20.gif

Yes :D

well I don't know how warm these are compared to others but the philips she3205 comes with mic and has flat cables, might be a bit pricey though if bought at retail price and also it shaped like earpods if that is good or bad

for me they are quite pleasant sounding and have nice amount of bass but probably not basshead bass

I ordered some without mic (she3200) from ebay for about 10 USD but they came in a bag instead of retail packaging

@SpiderNhan this could be what you are looking for

Apr 1, 2017 at 5:19 AM Post #19,299 of 75,297
Hmm. Monk+ are just Ok. Not bad but if they have more Bass and Sub-Bass and some thumping and also warmness and of course, slightly smaller size of speakers and slightly better quality of cable (they tangle badly), then I guess it will be huge improvement. I guess Monk+ manufacturers can upgrade it to the above level and easily cost $10-15 without any doubt and I am sure they will be able to sell them in same quantities.

Are you aware of any bud with above requirements?

Have you ever tried Qian25 or Qian39? If not, I'm recommended.

Apr 1, 2017 at 5:29 AM Post #19,300 of 75,297
  hey guys
what would you consider a good ear-bud for watching movies or tv shows?

thx

ty hi-z hp-650, shozy cygnus (maybe), auglamour rx-1 (if you like the sound sig)...

Apr 1, 2017 at 5:31 AM Post #19,301 of 75,297
I've been using Asura 2 for games/tv, seems to do pretty well.

Apr 1, 2017 at 6:40 AM Post #19,302 of 75,297
  ty hi-z hp-650, shozy cygnus (maybe), auglamour rx-1 (if you like the sound sig)...

thx guys...
I ordered the zen 2.0, and hiz-650, also qian39

i listen to some music but also watch lots of movies and tv

so the hiz-650 would be good for movies?

am amazed from the quality of the VE MONKS+ - currently thses are my only pair - can't believe those small things can produce sound as good as full sized cans...

by the way...have lots of foams for the VE monks - which one is better to use with?

also the zen 2.0 and hiz-650 need amping right? i have the fiio a3 also a tube amp - need to experiment some...

you guys have some tips recommendations?

Apr 1, 2017 at 6:55 AM Post #19,303 of 75,297

so the hiz-650 would be good for movies?

by the way...have lots of foams for the VE monks - which one is better to use with?

also the zen 2.0 and hiz-650 need amping right? i have the fiio a3 also a tube amp - need to experiment some...

I use the hp-650 as is, have tried monk plus thin foams, donuts, still use them "naked"

I think they are my most "realistic" earbuds that I have, the cheaper sennheisers that I have also sound pretty "realistic"

I would love to test them with a tube amp, perhaps to give it a bit of warmth,

I have also watched a movie from a mp3 player with them so I don't think they are hard to drive,

I have read the zen 2.0 are way harder to drive and kinda picky on amps, but have no real experience with them

Apr 1, 2017 at 7:02 AM Post #19,304 of 75,297
  I use the hp-650 as is, have tried monk plus thin foams, donuts, still use them "naked"

I think they are my most "realistic" earbuds that I have, the cheaper sennheisers that I have also sound pretty "realistic"

I would love to test them with a tube amp, perhaps to give it a bit of warmth,

I have also watched a movie from a mp3 player with them so I don't think they are hard to drive,

I have read the zen 2.0 are way harder to drive and kinda picky on amps, but have no real experience with them

so what would be a general all around best ear-bud? the hp-650? good for music and movies? what is considered the best ear-bud? is there such a thing? 

Apr 1, 2017 at 7:02 AM Post #19,305 of 75,297
Yes fiio a3 and tube amp will be fine;as earbuds are more efficient compared to fullsize cans.
Ty 650 is good for movies having good soundstage.
RX-1 is compressed sound with forward vocal;so not recommanded.

i have one more suggestion like Toneking TY2.i Auditioned once;its like theatre experience with less bass.
its a good option.If you have bigger ear .Housing size is slightly larger than normal mx500 housing.
i checked Amazon.co.jp ;where some people mentioned when a rubber ring is used ;it will increase the bass further.

Hope it helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back