Earbuds Round-Up
Feb 24, 2017 at 8:34 PM Post #18,197 of 75,235
Even if the voice coil separated, if you can put it back without crunching it, it should be salvagable. 

The biggest thing i've learned about working on that style earbuds.... have tons of backups around. I've come to learn any amount of a "click" or "crunch" sound on reassembly means it's time to start over with that driver/

Hmm what do you mean by a click or crunch?

Feb 24, 2017 at 11:41 PM Post #18,203 of 75,235
As long as you don't push the volume to the maximum - Cypherus CampFred. Best and deepest bass I've heard in a pair of low impedance earbuds. They cost $150 without shipping. People who have used CampFred with mobile phones have not been overly impressed but out of a good DAP CampFred can really impress you.

how's the campfred's sub bass compared to the Ty hi-z 32? because that's the biggest impact sub bass that i currently own and hear in an earbud.

on the side note, Diomnes is en route to my house, can't wait :)

Feb 25, 2017 at 12:11 AM Post #18,204 of 75,235
how's the campfred's sub bass compared to the Ty hi-z 32? because that's the biggest impact sub bass that i currently own and hear in an earbud.

on the side note, Diomnes is en route to my house, can't wait
smily_headphones1.gif

Enjoy the Diomnes :wink: amazing earbud. Will never part with mine.

Feb 25, 2017 at 12:37 AM Post #18,205 of 75,235
I need a earbud with good bass and soundstage. I'm a basshead. My budget is under $300. And it can pair with my sony wm1a orwalnut v2 without an amp. I prefer it can swap a cable with mmcx, because i have a extra silver cable from my vegas. If not its fine. Any recommendations ? I just bought a zen 2 but i don't like the sq.
try Ostry kc08t
16836045_1318091194952023_8739465551544307908_o.jpg

Feb 25, 2017 at 1:02 AM Post #18,206 of 75,235
I gave my gf a bunch of earbuds I had multiples of. actually I just stuffed a bunch in her purse one day cause she lost her apple ones.

She's been using the remax 303 for a few weeks and nothing else after trying all of them. So there you have it. It was my favorite bud for making calls until I got the ucotech too.

Feb 25, 2017 at 2:44 AM Post #18,208 of 75,235
One day I oughta send around my two best bass cannon buds and let you hear em. The midrange and treble is still intact. One's 32 ohms, the other 12 ohms :wink:

You mods? If they are available for purchase and have deep and textured bass from a flat source I stand corrected. Of all the available earbuds I have heard CampFred has got the best sub bass, which is almost un-earbud like.

You could specialize on DIY basshead earbuds. There might be a market there!

CampFred isn't specifically a basshead earbud. It's just an earbud with great sub bass.

Feb 25, 2017 at 3:07 AM Post #18,209 of 75,235

on the side note, Diomnes is en route to my house, can't wait :)

Well, CampFred is a big step up in every category. But considering the price difference it should be...

In my pair of TY32 (version 1) sub bass is good but covered up by a somewhat flabby mid bass.

Still, the straight plug TY32 have really good sub bass for an earbud. Especially a $5 earbud.

Feb 25, 2017 at 3:48 AM Post #18,210 of 75,235
You mods? If they are available for purchase and have deep and textured bass from a flat source I stand corrected. Of all the available earbuds I have heard CampFred has got the best sub bass, which is almost un-earbud like.

You could specialize on DIY basshead earbuds. There might be a market there!

CampFred isn't specifically a basshead earbud. It's just an earbud with great sub bass.

I would say they do, but of course that's my opinion as their creator! I'll send you a basshead set sometime when I go get more int'l stamps, so you can let me know how it sounds out of your plethora of DAPs 
wink.gif

@flamesofarctica more words on k's 300 please? does it has the same upper mid weirdness as k's 64?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back