Earbuds Round-Up
Feb 1, 2017 at 12:05 AM Post #17,146 of 75,281
Does any one know what kind of Sound Sig Dietris 300Ohm has?

Has a warm sound sig, ment to be tuned similar to the HD650 :) warm, large sound stage. Good for slower music etc.

Agree. If good vocal and bass impact is what you're searching for, it will fit you great.
But i dont recommend it for fast/agressive song (metal/hard rock). Diomnes fits that genre better

Feb 1, 2017 at 12:40 AM Post #17,150 of 75,281
  If you ever get into DIY, try it with your Q39 and a thicker/nicer cable. The highs and clarity open up like crazy. The stock ones sounded like the wires were bad in comparison.

Well, I would love to get into DIY someday, but unfortunately, no time at the present.

Also, I would have to re-purchase the Q39 as I gave mine away to a co-worker already because I disliked them so much.

Though, on a positive not, my co-worker loves them...  she likes how "loud" they get.  I don't know what that means, I am just happy they found a good home.

--

Feb 1, 2017 at 12:45 AM Post #17,151 of 75,281

Well, I would love to get into DIY someday, but unfortunately, no time at the present.

Also, I would have to re-purchase the Q39 as I gave mine away to a co-worker already because I disliked them so much.

Though, on a positive not, my co-worker loves them...  she likes how "loud" they get.  I don't know what that means, I am just happy they found a good home.

--

Haha. She is probably after the bassy sound too. In stock form they are unimpressive on very complicated music but for stuff like hip hop  or anything else electronic you can't really beat em.

You can turn them up a lot louder than other buds before they start sounding bad or uncomfortable. You can listen a little louder than usual and it is still easy on your ears. That's what I'm guessing she meant.... in which case, she has good taste! :wink:

No problem if you disliked them though, as in that case, I'd recommend doing the same to the Qian25 which has as bad of a cable as the 39 and has just as much to gain, which is insane on both IMO. 

But, anyone reading who has an un-loved 39 lying in a drawer, give this a shot before writing it off. The highs just weren't there before.

Feb 1, 2017 at 3:01 AM Post #17,152 of 75,281
Freshly cabled q39!!! :grin::grin::grin::grin:

I have that cable at home laying somewhere. Is it easy to open qian shell?

Sounds like you have the version I label as "peaky vocals". Have not got to the bottom as to why it happens but, right now,  I suspect QC issue with drivers or overdriven initial burn-in. I have 2 that sounds like that. Did you buy from that 1 Ali seller? And have you done over 3 days of playing time?

A normal sounding E808+, after 3 days of burn-in, should sound like the straight-plug TY Hi-Z 32 with a bit more treble (may be grainy). Then, after over 200 hours of playing, the treble will settle down & the bass becomes even deeper sounding. All using doughnut foam.
I have the J cable with L plug. So how do you handle this version.?

Feb 1, 2017 at 3:05 AM Post #17,153 of 75,281
Aah I want to do the same, just searched for a replacement cable yesterday... which cable are you using? And which solder (do you think it matters at all) ? Thanks

Btw agree on turning them up louder than most others, I listen to a lot of music with horn sections (Maceo Parker, 70's funk/soul etc). Others, for example hi-z 32, screams and destroys the ears on very low levels. Qian39 I can turn much louder and don't miss anything. I think they're at their best at low and medium volumes though

Feb 1, 2017 at 3:12 AM Post #17,154 of 75,281
EB01-16s.jpg

EB02-16s.jpg

Sennheiser MX985, Blox TM7, Venture Electronic Zen 1.0, Rose Technology Mojito.

EB03-16s.jpg

From top to bottom, left to right:
Audio Technica ATH-CM999

Dasetn Mod M760

Dasetn MC5

Musa SP2

Hifikiwi (晨光M&G) 'Lyrebird' H1

Hifikiwi (晨光M&G) 'Honey Buzzard' H1

Ucotech ES1003

Tingo TC200

HiSound AS-Feeling
Pioneer SE-CE521

Sidy (BGVP) DX1

HiSound AS-Miss

HiSound AS-Charm

Boarseman MX98s

Panasonic RP-HZE70

Tingo TC-100

Tingo TG-38S

HiSound PAA-1

HiSound PAA-1 Pro

HiSound Living

1More金澈 (EO320)

Ucotech ES903

Ostry KC08

MrZ (MusicMaker / ToneKing) Ting

MrZ (MusicMaker / ToneKing) Tomahawk

NineWave Studio Pro

JiuShao E600

JiuShao E300

EB04-16s.jpg

Blox MC2

Hifiman ES100

湖西小筑DIY DDM

Yuin PK1

Creative Air

Headphone Association 400ohm

AKG K319

FiiO EM3 retail

Apple stock (2nd Gen.)

DUNU Alpha 1

VE Asura 1.0 beta

VE Zen 1.0

B&O A8 (Earphone / Earset 3I)

Audio Technica ATH-CM707

FiiO EM3 (M3 stock)

BenQ Stock (Sennheiser MX500 equal)

Shozy Cygnus

VE Asura 2.0

Sennheiser MX760

Marshall Minor

Panasonic HJ329

Sovov S20

SoundMAGIC PH-10

AKG K311

Sony E888

Sennheiser MX985

Panasonic RP-HV600

EB05-16s.jpg

M1N (水月雨) V5

M1N (水月雨) VX

Sidy KT100

潜69

潜39

潜25

VE Asura 1.0 final

Final Audio Design Piano Forte II

JVC HA-F130

Baldoor E100

Celsus Sound Gramo One

Sennheiser MX50

Beyerdynamic DP100

VE Zen 2.0 Balanced

Vsonic UU2

AKG Y15

Sennheiser MX581

Sennheiser MX580

SoundMAGIC EP30

Edifier H101

Edifier H190

Blox ANV3

Blox TM7

潜25 red/blue edtion

Edifier H180

Edifier H185

Audio Technica ATH-CHX7

Edifier H186P

Blox BX III (TM7 beta)

Rose Technology Mojito

CrossRoads HR2
CrossRoads HR1

EB07.jpg

Left to right:
Hifikiwi (晨光M&G) 'Lyrebird' H2

VE Monk+

Fareal (original)

Pai Audio 3.14 (PR1)

Sound Tuner's 'Queen'

TY (Hi-Z) 400ohm

VE Monk

MrZ (MusicMaker / ToneKing) TO300

EB08.jpg

Ucotech ES1103

舜仕01B (Extraordinary Sound ESP-01B)

Fareal 64ohm 1.0

Fareall 300ohm 2.0

EB09.jpg

Fareal 64ohm 2.0

AuGlamour RX-1

TY (Hi-Z) HP-400s

EB10.jpg

DaiK DK-宋 (Song)
MoonDrop (水月雨) VX Pro
PureSound (醇声) PS100-500Ω Extreme Edition Balanced

EB11.jpg

T&Y Audio (腾阳) 16ohm
T&Y Audio (腾阳) 300ohm
MrZ (MusicMaker / ToneKing) TY2

EB12.jpg

Atomic Floyd AirJax Sport
HY耳机 (HY Headphone) HY-1

EB13.jpg

TY (Hi-Z) 32ohm
TY (Hi-Z) HP-650
K's Earphone 500ohm Balanced

EB14.jpg

Yuin OK1
bengkelMACRO Edimun V3

EB15.jpg

Sennheiser MX375
Rose Technology Masya
VSONIC VSD3P
Sony Ericsson HPM-62 (recabled)

EB16.jpg

Sanyo EAH-Z3E
1MORE E320 Piston Earphone
Shozy BK (Stardust) Balanced

EB17.jpg

Yinman HiFi (音曼) 醇净2.0 500ohm
Rose Technology 64ohm
Heavenly Sound Concerto

EB18.jpg

Koss KE7
Koss KE10
**** PT15

EB19.jpg

Z-sound
1MORE E1008 hybrid dual driver
Lenovo 500

EB20.jpg

道具工厂(Prop's Factory) 1E39
BingZu (冰族) 梅花 (Plum)
Yincrow (音可若瓦) X6

[rule]
Clicky for the lite list (21 Oct. 2016)

Niice!
But I only collect Android iem's with inline mic with up/down buttons.Therarwnt slot of iem's out there just for Android only.

Feb 1, 2017 at 3:34 AM Post #17,156 of 75,281
Cool!

Looks like the same cable I used for my pair of Aiwa 99!

Very possible sir as I'm not sure if we bought from the same ali store but as we all know there is plenty of stock overlap between stores. If it was nice thick copper well tinned... I would say probably the same stuff!

The result is excellent. And recommended to both qian39 fans and non fans. On the fence if its ready for complex music now. Might just be yuin syndrome with the driver

fairx
Super easy! The drivers don't come off the front cover. Take a tiny flathead and be patient. The front cover has a lip that snaps on so you will feel when it's off enough to pull off with your hand. Great cable

Feb 1, 2017 at 3:44 AM Post #17,158 of 75,281
I have the J cable with L plug. So how do you handle this version.?

Unfortunately, for this "unofficial" Sony earbud, there are variations even if they look exactly the same. ie: five-of-diamond shaped holes in front mesh, J-cable with E808+ on the splitter & 8 fake-vents on the back of the shell. I have detected 2 types with different  internal shell designs so far.

I buy all mine from different taobao sellers but, by all accounts so far in this thread, the only E808+ seller on AliExpress seems to be selling the "good" ones.

Feb 1, 2017 at 3:55 AM Post #17,159 of 75,281
Very possible sir as I'm not sure if we bought from the same ali store but as we all know there is plenty of stock overlap between stores. If it was nice thick copper well tinned... I would say probably the same stuff!

The result is excellent. And recommended to both qian39 fans and non fans. On the fence if its ready for complex music now. Might just be yuin syndrome with the driver

@fairx
Super easy! The drivers don't come off the front cover. Take a tiny flathead and be patient. The front cover has a lip that snaps on so you will feel when it's off enough to pull off with your hand. Great cable

By the way, did you experience the same thing as I did? That the red wire was left and the green right? 

Feb 1, 2017 at 3:56 AM Post #17,160 of 75,281
By the way, did you experience the same thing as I did? That the red wire was left and the green right? 

Yep! Same thing. I have seen all kinds of colors for left signal but right is always red. Not here! It sounded out of whack and i reversed it

edit: @Danneq  I listened to Melvins - Bullhead on my recabled Q39 and it sounded way better than I've ever heard on these earbuds. Even if you don't know that band at least it's more up your alley in terms of musical styling :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back