Earbuds Round-Up
Jan 17, 2017 at 10:18 PM Post #16,516 of 75,478
an update on my Colarad C01 vs TY Hi-Z 32 comparison, after letting colarad burn for a week:

Colarad has ever so slighty less presence down low than the TY32, impact is also SLIGHTLY less (although still very nice on both counts). The highs are JUST BARELY toned down a notch as well (noticeable in the high-hats and snares mostly). I must stress these are not huge differences. The vocals however, are more forward on Colarad, which also seems to give it a bit more "air". Basically, it sounds like they pushed the bottom mid-point of the 'V' sound on the TY32 up 2 notches, which dropped the extension on either end down 1 notch, if that makes any sense. They are still very similar, with just enough difference to notice (even to my relatively inexperienced ears). It's really like vanilla vs french vanilla (maybe TY32S will be vanilla bean?) The same but different. If you are all about that bass, then TY32 could be more satisfying. If you like a little more vocal dressing with your v-shaped salad, then Colarad may be preferable. That being said, I prefer TY32 by a hair. It's probably only because I'm a basshead, who also likes some sparkle; to me bass and treble are like love and marriage: this I tell you brother, you can't have one without the other.

updated top 5:

1) TY32
2) Colarad
3) OG Monk
4) Qian39
5) Fareal 32 v2

my apologies for the cheesy 'Married With Children' reference :)

Jan 17, 2017 at 10:18 PM Post #16,517 of 75,478
Anyone happends to have both Seahf and TY Hi-Z earbuds? how are those compared to each others?

EDIT: So I decided to order a pair of monk plus. Hope it can show me how neutral signature earbuds sound like.
I might for a TY Hi-Z 150 if I need more bass from it I assume.

Jan 18, 2017 at 12:27 AM Post #16,518 of 75,478
  When De'mun replies to your email

So hopefully I will own both Red Demun V1 and V2 soon. Hope to use the hell out of the V2 while keeping my V1 safe. I would listen to it so much more if I wasn't so worried I'd destroy it...

lol, Romance of the three kingdoms is more literature than history, adapted to reflect the Confucian viewpoint of order. That aside, it is a fascinating story. There is a saying in China:"Water Margin is not for the junior, and Romance of the three kingdoms not for the senior", for the WM preaches violence and insubordination, and the ROT3K preaches craft and cunning. 

Take an example from a story about Cao Cao, who would later be the most important figure in that period and almost reunited all China, after a failed assassination attempt at the most powerful and evil warlord Dong Zhuo(who would boil his enemy alive in a big pot and feed the lords, whoever refuse to eat end up in the pot), Cao Cao fled the capital city and take refuge in the countryside in the estate of Lu Boshe, an old friend of his fathers. A man called Chen Gong, admirer of his heroic deed, resigned from the government and followed him. That afternoon, Cao Cao took a nap, and heard the sound of knife-sharpening between his dreams, being a paranoid man, he immediately took his sword and killed the servants in the kitchen, and Lu Boshe's family too. Only then he found that a pig was being prepared for dinner. He and Chen Gong left the house, on the way they met Lu Boshe, Lu said to him:"Why are you leaving so soon my good nephew, I just went to town to buy wine." Cao Cao diverted his attention and killed him too. Chen Gong was shocked and asked him what the hell did he do, here comes Cao Cao's famous reply:"I'd rather betray the world, than let the world betray me(宁教我负天下人,休教天下人负我)." 

In real history Cao Cao was a great man with shortcomings(well who isn't ), but he is not deemed as "忠” (Zhong, or loyal) by Confucian scholars, that epitome belongs to his friend/enemy Liu Bei, ROT3K is a attempt to depict him as "奸“(Jian, or evil) and restore the "heavenly orders" which history itself failed to manifest. 

Admirable undertaking, sir!
biggrin.gif

-------------

Now back to topic, so if I order De'mun, it is the V2 now, right? 

Welp, De'mun decided to finally reply me. 
And I must apologize for making a fuss about the slow reply of De'mun as he has just got a new born!

So congratulations to De'mun!!!!!!!

Now the bad news is that Indonesian postal regulation only allows the use of EMS for international shipment........

To Federick:

You my friend is amazing for knowing things like these, while I only have a faint recollection of them. I applaud you!!!! 

Jan 18, 2017 at 12:57 AM Post #16,519 of 75,478
  Now the bad news is that Indonesian postal regulation only allows the use of EMS for international shipment........

I have to clarify on this matter. Indonesian Postal have three different option for international shipment. Based on the shipping time and cost from slower to fastest they are Registered, Paket Cepat (Fast Package) and EMS. On my case, I live in Jakarta and have several times shipped to overseas using either Registered or EMS.

You can simulate shipping cost using posindonesia.co.id to see there are option for shipping type. Annnnddd, apparently there is e-packet option eventhough this not appy to every country

Mostly using Registered would take about 15 days to reach recipient address, US can take longer to 30 days based on my experience. EMS could only take 5-7 days.

Other things, some of Postal Agent have their own preference/regulation only take EMS for intenational shipping, usually they are small agent, not in the main post office in either Provinces or Municipality.

Jan 18, 2017 at 1:10 AM Post #16,520 of 75,478
 On my case, I live in Jakarta and have several times shipped to overseas using either Registered or EMS.

You should consider starting up a business that markets Indonesian and asian earbuds to the world with cheap shipping ... I think people would be interested! Though I have no idea on what a business like that would entail. And maybe earbuds are only interesting for us few weirdos.

Jan 18, 2017 at 1:36 AM Post #16,521 of 75,478
  You should consider starting up a business that markets Indonesian and asian earbuds to the world with cheap shipping ... I think people would be interested! Though I have no idea on what a business like that would entail. And maybe earbuds are only interesting for us few weirdos.

I'd like some Mandheling coffee beans on the side of earbuds. 

Jan 18, 2017 at 6:39 AM Post #16,523 of 75,478
  looks like ive been missing much much things here, enjoying my asura 2.0 with x5ii High gain + gradual lowpass filter..

im planning to upgrade from asura 2.0, can you guys help to choose which earbuds that contains the character of asura 2.0 but in a refined sound-quality ?? maximum budget around $160... or should i stay with asura ??

Here is the comparison between Asura 2 and Cypherus QFred that I mentioned 2 days ago (a Head fier who has got both wrote this in a PM to me). I agree with everything about QFred, but cannot really remember how Asura 2 sounded like. I just remember that that mids were in focus and that I wasn't overwhelmed by it and soon sold it to Vapman...

When comparing this to QFred, the differences are pretty substantial. Personally, I find QFred to be neutral to slightly warm in it's overall tonality. Asura 2 on the other hand, is very warm/dark – tonality is extremely similar to Zen 2. I've read remarks mentioning that the Asura is bright, but I think this is only true by a small margin when compared to the Zen. The mids feel very natural with the QFred, which I think is a very rare quality. Asura is thinner in the mids, takes a step back, and I hear much more reverb (I like this a lot with certain music). Sub bass is very quick and light on the Asura and mid-bass doesn't bleed into the mids as much as it did with the Zen. Still, it's a far cry from how the QFred integrates bass so naturally. Treble extends nicely on both, without ever being fatiguing like it did with the Cygnus. A very nice quality about the Asura is the amount of air and width in the soundstage, while the QFred has a fuller and rounder soundstage. 

So Zen 2 is still my recommendation for an upgrade to Asura 2, while there still are differences between them.

Jan 18, 2017 at 7:19 AM Post #16,524 of 75,478
Someone in Indonesia should start an english-language web store and find cheap shipping. I think everyone here is really curious about all the variety of buds they have there. I have tried contacting various sellers on Facebook, its been difficult to communicate with them and get a good idea of prices, sound desc., etc. 

Thanks. It bothers me for a while too. In indonesia, the growth of DIY earbud from varies production house is so amazing. But it lacks of promotion material and they still have some difficulties especially from language and shipping method.
There are a lot of great brand here like cypherus, de'mun, edimun by bengkel macro, abnormal labs, laki audio, etc.
I'll try to discuss it here on local group.
I'll tell you later here

Jan 18, 2017 at 7:27 AM Post #16,525 of 75,478
Thanks. It bothers me for a while too. In indonesia, the growth of DIY earbud from varies production house is so amazing. But it lacks of promotion material and they still have some difficulties especially from language and shipping method.
There are a lot of great brand here like cypherus, de'mun, edimun by bengkel macro, abnormal labs, laki audio, etc.
I'll try to discuss it here on local group.
I'll tell you later here

I havent had much trouble when using Facebook, some of the resellers speak good english and have sold me Earbuds personally. Can put doubt in some peoples minds are you are just going by the word of the reseller, to be trustworthy etc.

Would love to get a hold of the Crow Audio Monk+ modded and Laki Audio Raid. Laki never replied to me at all which was annoying.

Jan 18, 2017 at 7:37 AM Post #16,526 of 75,478
How is the raid and how much

Actually, i just received my raid (raid bromo, first from 3 new lineup from batch2) today. I'll give my impression in a few day. But batch 1 is really famous in indonesia earbud forum. The ompressions of batxh 1 are agressive for high speed music, good vocal, and very good separation and detail for $10-15 price range. But unfortunately,it's so limited.
And if you inyerested, you can find many more earbud modder and builder from indonesia that have a very good earbud too. Look at post by sempenyi in www.head-fi.org/t/441400/earbuds-round-up/9285#post_12822064

I agree. It's just a budget earbud but the sound is mindblowing. Especially their first line up, the raid bud. Fostunately i have the prototype for review (they asked me for it). I'll never sell it. It's my daily bud now.
But i hardly ever recommend it because they usually produced it limited. The last time they produce around 50 of it and it's sold out in just 15 minute in local audio forum.
So i pessimist it will fullfill the request for international request

Jan 18, 2017 at 8:26 AM Post #16,527 of 75,478
I agree. It's just a budget earbud but the sound is mindblowing. Especially their first line up, the raid bud. Fostunately i have the prototype for review (they asked me for it). I'll never sell it. It's my daily bud now.
But i hardly ever recommend it because they usually produced it limited. The last time they produce around 50 of it and it's sold out in just 15 minute in local audio forum.
So i pessimist it will fullfill the request for international request

Hi,
Raid builders actually has the spirit to ship their custom buds overseas, but the shipping cost is what they concerned.

If there is someone or a local audio store at USA whom willing to be raid reseller, I am sure the raid builders will be excited :wink:

Jan 18, 2017 at 9:14 AM Post #16,528 of 75,478

There is this one that I recommend, rholupat.com. He already listed the edimun and demun. http://www.rholupat.com/product?page=2
And I assume other webshop might emerge. 
  I'd like some Mandheling coffee beans on the side of earbuds. 

Funny thing is. I sometimes pack some of the earbuds alongside with either tea or coffee so they can enjoy their quality time perfectly. Mandailing coffee is good. 

Jan 18, 2017 at 9:33 AM Post #16,530 of 75,478

There is this one that I recommend, rholupat.com. He already listed the edimun and demun. http://www.rholupat.com/product?page=2
And I assume other webshop might emerge. 
Funny thing is. I sometimes pack some of the earbuds alongside with either tea or coffee so they can enjoy their quality time perfectly. Mandailing coffee is good. 

I agree Adhi is awesome to deal with, glad to see him with the Edimun aswell.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back