Earbuds Round-Up
Jan 9, 2017 at 3:07 AM Post #16,021 of 75,401
I think it's all about personal preference.. for me Edimun v.2 is more preferable than the v3, though the sound quality at the same level .. :hushed:

subjective..... one is not really better than the other but red demun is more accurate whereas edimun is more fun? for my tastes, nothing beat red de'mun to me yet.

Thank-you for the information. 

Was planning to save up for a Campfred, but what Joyboy and his mates experienced was more than enough to make me reconsider. 
Guess, I will perhaps try my luck at a Red de'mun. Just wondering if they suitable for orchestral works.....

Jan 9, 2017 at 3:16 AM Post #16,022 of 75,401
It not only me that feel the QC problem. Yes I tested it with same player and song. And some of my friends even tested it in local gathering with same source too.
They deinitely have great sound earbud. Even the amazing one that one of my friend had (special hand picked when he visited the shop, he's friend with the builder)
But the other has grainy sound. And one of them lack of clarity.
My other friends try 4 of it, 3 of them sound exactly same but 1 of it has grainy sound.

And sorry to say, the problem happen to some local DIY product too in my country (Indonesia)
Maybe that's why i never recommend them here if I found the QC problem (or they only produced limited line up). For me it's too suck if a bought exactly same earbud but others has better sound bud than mine.

But if you have an amazing one, you should be happy and keep it. Because what mattered is the sound. If they sound great, than it's enough.
And in my opinion, they definitely keep the quality better for international purchase. It looks like the problem occurs only for local buyer

My campfreds don't sound grainy at all but they did come across as a little dry at first (i was used to earphones that sound more fluid and have more echo going on). 
So I was not impressed at first and it took them a few days to seduce me. They are not dry either, they just sound more controlled and relaxed than most, while being fairly balanced and extended.
They've quickly become very special little buds to me and I'd be sad if something happened to them. I do recommend them 
beerchug.gif

PS: I now find them more versatile than any of these: TY650, K500, Zen 2, Zen 1, Shozy Cygnus, Seahf 400, 320, RX1, mojitos, and all VE models... Campfreds would be my first pick even though I do have a sweet spot for Zen 1 and Seahf 320 series :)

Jan 9, 2017 at 3:39 AM Post #16,023 of 75,401
It not only me that feel the QC problem. Yes I tested it with same player and song. And some of my friends even tested it in local gathering with same source too.
They deinitely have great sound earbud. Even the amazing one that one of my friend had (special hand picked when he visited the shop, he's friend with the builder)
But the other has grainy sound. And one of them lack of clarity.
My other friends try 4 of it, 3 of them sound exactly same but 1 of it has grainy sound.

And sorry to say, the problem happen to some local DIY product too in my country (Indonesia)
Maybe that's why i never recommend them here if I found the QC problem (or they only produced limited line up). For me it's too suck if a bought exactly same earbud but others has better sound bud than mine.

But if you have an amazing one, you should be happy and keep it. Because what mattered is the sound. If they sound great, than it's enough.
And in my opinion, they definitely keep the quality better for international purchase. It looks like the problem occurs only for local buyer

I find that to be strange since the same person does everything. Why would he bother less with earbuds he sells to Indonesians than with earbuds he sells internationally? How much did CampFred cost in dollars for Indonesians before Cypherus started to sell them internationally?

Perhaps the drivers had been damaged? I noticed that CampFred does not handle high volumes well. It sounds amazing with low or medium volume, but when you crank it very high it does not sound agreeable anymore. It doesn't really distort, but I get the impression that they work best at lower or medium volume.

About Edimun V3, I have heard a pair with rhodium plug that had a slight volume imbalance where the left channel was slightly lower than the right. It was not by much but I am very sensitive to such things. My current pair with gold plug is perfectly balanced.

Jan 9, 2017 at 3:45 AM Post #16,024 of 75,401

My campfreds don't sound grainy at all but they did come across as a little dry at first (i was used to earphones that sound more fluid and have more echo going on). 
So I was not impressed at first and it took them a few days to seduce me. They are not dry either, they just sound more controlled and relaxed than most, while being fairly balanced and extended.
They've quickly become very special little buds to me and I'd be sad if something happened to them. I do recommend them 
beerchug.gif

PS: I now find them more versatile than any of these: TY650, K500, Zen 2, Zen 1, Shozy Cygnus, Seahf 400, 320, RX1, mojitos, and all VE models... Campfreds would be my first pick even though I do have a sweet spot for Zen 1 and Seahf 320 series :)

I agree with you and I could list all earbuds I have ever owned (probably 60-70 pairs). I prefer CampFred to everything except for CAX black. I still love my Blox TM7, but after 4 years they have finally been dethrones by two other earbuds...

It seems like Shozy Stardust isn't overwhelming to some, but I will still buy it. I am a bit excited about ABnormal Diomnes and hope to be able to buy a pair soon.

QC isn't always the best with smaller DIY boutiques, but I find the sound of the earbuds from tiny Indonesian brands to easily beat the current Chinese offerings and also vintage German (Sennheiser & AKG) and Japanese (Sony, Aiwa & Audio Technica) offerings.

Jan 9, 2017 at 3:52 AM Post #16,025 of 75,401

I agree with you and I could list all earbuds I have ever owned (probably 60-70 pairs). I prefer CampFred to everything except for CAX black. I still love my Blox TM7, but after 4 years they have finally been dethrones by two other earbuds...

It seems like Shozy Stardust isn't overwhelming to some, but I will still buy it. I am a bit excited about ABnormal Diomnes and hope to be able to buy a pair soon.

QC isn't always the best with smaller DIY boutiques, but I find the sound of the earbuds from tiny Indonesian brands to easily beat the current Chinese offerings and also vintage German (Sennheiser & AKG) and Japanese (Sony, Aiwa & Audio Technica) offerings.

you mean, your TM7 are getting dusty!?!.. maybe it's time to sell them to me 
evil_smiley.gif
rolleyes.gif

Jan 9, 2017 at 3:57 AM Post #16,026 of 75,401

I noticed that CampFred does not handle high volumes well. It sounds amazing with low or medium volume, but when you crank it very high it does not sound agreeable anymore. It doesn't really distort, but I get the impression that they work best at lower or medium volume.

Same, and it's been nice listening to music at safe volume ever since I got the Campfreds. 
Also, I rediscovered my ipod shuffle first generation thx to Campfreds, listening to electronic music on this combo is so enjoyable, funny how different pairing yield unexpected results sometimes!

Jan 9, 2017 at 5:52 AM Post #16,028 of 75,401
I find that to be strange since the same person does everything. Why would he bother less with earbuds he sells to Indonesians than with earbuds he sells internationally? How much did CampFred cost in dollars for Indonesians before Cypherus started to sell them internationally?

Perhaps the drivers had been damaged? I noticed that CampFred does not handle high volumes well. It sounds amazing with low or medium volume, but when you crank it very high it does not sound agreeable anymore. It doesn't really distort, but I get the impression that they work best at lower or medium volume.

About Edimun V3, I have heard a pair with rhodium plug that had a slight volume imbalance where the left channel was slightly lower than the right. It was not by much but I am very sensitive to such things. My current pair with gold plug is perfectly balanced.

That's what i feel. I got some distort feeling too in high volume. Maybe we push it too much.
I dont know about their policy, but found it uncomfortable. Maybe it's just my sound preference

They've quickly become very special little buds to me and I'd be sad if something happened to them. I do recommend them :beerchug:  

Like i said before, if you found it sounds incredible, then just keep it.
May be it's just not the "sound" that i'm searching for so i can't enjoy it.
Or maybe the way we compared it before that's wrong.
Of course i'm so glad if you got the great one. However, it's still a great DIY product :)

*for sir Danneq, if you intend to sell your TM7, please contact me first, LOL :D
And if you have interest in another indonesian earbud. I gladly recommend you earbud from ABnormal labs (diomnes/dietris) and Raid earbud by Laki audio. The last one is low budget bud, but it sounds greater than its price. The only problem is they usually produced their line up in very limited number. But it's very worth to try

Jan 9, 2017 at 6:21 AM Post #16,029 of 75,401
That's what i feel. I got some distort feeling too in high volume. Maybe we push it too much.
I dont know about their policy, but found it uncomfortable. Maybe it's just my sound preference
Like i said before, if you found it sounds incredible, then just keep it.
May be it's just not the "sound" that i'm searching for so i can't enjoy it.
Or maybe the way we compared it before that's wrong.
Of course i'm so glad if you got the great one. However, it's still a great DIY product
smily_headphones1.gif

*for sir @Danneq, if you intend to sell your TM7, please contact me first, LOL
biggrin.gif

And if you have interest in another indonesian earbud. I gladly recommend you earbud from ABnormal labs (diomnes/dietris) and Raid earbud by Laki audio. The last one is low budget bud, but it sounds greater than its price. The only problem is they usually produced their line up in very limited number. But it's very worth to try

I always listen at low or medium levels, so for me it isn't a problem. On my rockboxed DAP:s I usually listen at around -16 to -18 when outside (and at home or in a quiet environment around -20 to -22). I can go up to perhaps -12 before it's too loud for me with any earbud. I have not experienced that "distortion" with CampFred at the -12 volume in Rockbox. But a bit louder than that it can start to sound congested. It's not really a noise or anything. It's more like the soundstage collapses and everything flows together.
So perhaps CampFred is more for relaxed listening at more moderate levels? It might be the way that the driver is tuned/modded that does not agree with too high volumes? 

Anyway, the TM7 is staying with me! I might trade it for a pair of Aiwa HP-V9 in mint condition. But those are very hard to find and cost a lot. So I guess I'll stick with the TM7 until they (or I) die.  
tongue_smile.gif

But hopefully Blox will release their new flagship for those who have not tried TM5 or TM7. I wonder if the next flagship will be TM9 or if they will use another naming scheme...

Actually, I have already been in contact with ABnormal and will probably buy a pair of Diomnes. Hersang from ABnormal recommended both but thought that Diomnes might suit my preferences better. 
I'll check out Laki Audio and the Raid earbud! Thanks for that!

Jan 9, 2017 at 6:24 AM Post #16,030 of 75,401
So I received it, and was completely blown away by the super premium packaging, like something you might expect from Apple. I have purchased a lot of earbuds over the years, but nothing remotely like this and completely unexpected for a $70 product.

I haven't done much listening, but very favorable impressions straight out of the box.

Ibelieve clieos also have it now..wonder where he put the 1008 earbud..consider to Buy it

Jan 9, 2017 at 6:28 AM Post #16,031 of 75,401

So I received it, and was completely blown away by the super premium packaging, like something you might expect from Apple. I have purchased a lot of earbuds over the years, but nothing remotely like this and completely unexpected for a $70 product.

I haven't done much listening, but very favorable impressions straight out of the box.

Ibelieve clieos also have it now..wonder where he put the 1008 earbud..consider to Buy it

He has put it below EO320 !

Jan 9, 2017 at 6:36 AM Post #16,032 of 75,401
what about the qc on edimun/red demun?

I have 3 sets of Red De'mun. After getting the first set I bought two more as a backup (in fact this was the first time in my life that I bought backup audio equipment). So pairs no. 2 & 3 are from another batch than pair no. 1.
The build quality of all of them is exactly the same (built like a tank) and they all sound the same. The only difference between these two production batches is slight difference in hue of red shell's color - they are hand-painted.

Jan 9, 2017 at 6:49 AM Post #16,033 of 75,401
I always listen at low or medium levels, so for me it isn't a problem. On my rockboxed DAP:s I usually listen at around -16 to -18 when outside (and at home or in a quiet environment around -20 to -22). I can go up to perhaps -12 before it's too loud for me with any earbud. I have not experienced that "distortion" with CampFred at the -12 volume in Rockbox. But a bit louder than that it can start to sound congested. It's not really a noise or anything. It's more like the soundstage collapses and everything flows together.

So perhaps CampFred is more for relaxed listening at more moderate levels? It might be the way that the driver is tuned/modded that does not agree with too high volumes? 

Anyway, the TM7 is staying with me! I might trade it for a pair of Aiwa HP-V9 in mint condition. But those are very hard to find and cost a lot. So I guess I'll stick with the TM7 until they (or I) die.  :tongue_smile:

But hopefully Blox will release their new flagship for those who have not tried TM5 or TM7. I wonder if the next flagship will be TM9 or if they will use another naming scheme...

Actually, I have already been in contact with ABnormal and will probably buy a pair of Diomnes. Hersang from ABnormal recommended both but thought that Diomnes might suit my preferences better. 

I'll check out Laki Audio and the Raid earbud! Thanks for that!

I agree if it maybe for relaxed listening. And as i remember, i did compared and tried it with my playlist (varian sub-metal genres) and i usually hear it with high volume.

Wow, i can't wait to hear your first impression of it. In mw opinion, it stand toe to toe with red demun and edimun. The dipios even better. Sadly they only produced 2 of it due to lack of driver part

Jan 9, 2017 at 6:53 AM Post #16,034 of 75,401
  I have 3 sets of Red De'mun. After getting the first set I bought two more as a backup (in fact this was the first time in my life that I bought backup audio equipment). So pairs no. 2 & 3 are from another batch than pair no. 1.
The build quality of all of them is exactly the same (built like a tank) and they all sound the same. The only difference between these two production batches is slight difference in hue of red shell's color - they are hand-painted.

I recently bought 5 pairs of Qian39 for backup and gifts for friends. Then I realized that I like that Monk+ and TY HiZ HP32 (version 1) much better.
Good thing that I only paid around $28 for 5 pairs plus shipping...

Jan 9, 2017 at 6:58 AM Post #16,035 of 75,401
Wow, i can't wait to hear your first impression of it. In mw opinion, it stand toe to toe with red demun and edimun. The dipios even better. Sadly they only produced 2 of it due to lack of driver part

Apparently production of the new batch of Diomnes has been pushed back a week since there has been a shipping problem with the cables.

I should receive it within 1 week after they have sent it since it is EMS. Hopefully I will have it in the first or second week in February.

And the price is much higher than Edimun and Red De'mun. Even more than CampFred since I chose the best cable and plug (Eidolic)...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back