Earbuds Round-Up
Jan 9, 2017 at 11:23 AM Post #16,052 of 75,565
Hey can anyone share thoughts on the Yinman earbuds? I love my Yinman 150 so much but I rarely use them because they are mini Red Demuns to my ears, so i will listen for a while and then switch to Demun... I am dying to know about the 500's. Wishing ClieOS still posted mini reviews just about now :frowning2:  

I'm also VERY interested to hear about E808+ recables if anyone had any
Yinman on custom house now, recabled 808+ very nice :heart_decoration:
15936718_1273100396117770_4233836441672990656_o.jpg

Jan 9, 2017 at 12:10 PM Post #16,055 of 75,565
Cool, Doro [COLOR=333333]:smirk:[/COLOR]

[COLOR=333333]How are mids after recable? For purplesun the mids were less after recable but bass greater. Same for you?[/COLOR]

[COLOR=333333]@AudioNewbi3
 unless you don't have any e808+ get them[/COLOR]
I not listened to them with stock cables, only recabled, mids are recessed, and they don't like high gain, highs grainy, but not scary

Jan 9, 2017 at 12:22 PM Post #16,059 of 75,565
to @AudioNewbi3
easy to recable, but be very careful when you push the shell back together. the shape is irregular

Jan 9, 2017 at 3:36 PM Post #16,061 of 75,565
  Is it hard to recabled a Sony MDR E808+? (How hard is it to open the shell)

If it is not, I may get 2 to recable along with my Zhisan purchase on Taobao.

Hardly any glue used by the factory. What I do is, first, try to rotate the front cover (it won't) by twisting with thumb & index; this should loosen the glue. Then pry open the cover with thumb, while using index to keep the opening as small as possible. Lastly, insert a toothpick behind the driver to gently push out the driver/cover, while feeding the wire through at the same time. Be careful to keep the entire driver/cover assembly together, I masking tape them to keep them together until re-assembly.

I not listened to them with stock cables, only recabled, mids are recessed, and they don't like high gain, highs grainy, but not scary

I have used my first E808+ for, I estimate, easily over 300 hours. The v-shape sound will flatten slightly with lots of use, and will get warmer. And there will be less grainy/splashy highs as well. My second E808+ I am using (about less than 200 hours) sounds thinner, grainy/splashy highs & bigger mid-bass hump. About the same sound character as my first one at this point of usage.

Hmm, sounds like with stock cable :) 

I am guessing 18-strand, 0.05mm/0.06mm diameter copper wire is probably the best bet for improving the sound without exaggerating the v-shape too much. That will be my next test, once I get the things in. BTW, cable route hole is 1.65mm.

Be careful when disassembling: they have no glue at all, and breaks down at the opening of separately: the membrane with a coil, body with magnet and the front plastic cover ..

Completely agree! Have to be very careful not to tear away the ultra-thin voice coil wires, or bye-bye $3.86. Best to have a few spares around, just in case.

EDIT:
Is @ozkan around the forums? Not played with the vent foams yet, but it affects the sound heck of a lot. IIRC, @ozkan was the master of vent-related mods. Anyone tried messing with the vent foams yet?

Jan 9, 2017 at 4:39 PM Post #16,062 of 75,565
I have not seen @ozkan  in a long time . Like Tomaz said, people start disappearing when they're finally happy with their buds. He's probably too busy rocking out with his blutac monk and she3800 :)

I have some Litz wire 175/46 and some Litz wire 30/46, they have lots of individually stranded AWG 46 wires inside. I recabled a HPM-62 with it and still didn't love it (I think my HPM 62 are fakes) but it opened up the sound a lot. Treble energy got huge though. Not sure what to put it on next but i have to get better at cable  braiding first.

Jan 9, 2017 at 4:59 PM Post #16,063 of 75,565
Am not a fan of Litz cables. I always feel there's too much trade-off between conductor cross-sectional area versus insulator cross-sectional area. Am afraid I am very old school when it come hifi cables; only the fattest solid copper core that's about as thick & flexible as a walking stick will do! Unfortunately, that won't be too convenient for earbud listening though :)

Jan 9, 2017 at 5:10 PM Post #16,064 of 75,565
  Am not a fan of Litz cables. I always feel there's too much trade-off between conductor cross-sectional area versus insulator cross-sectional area. Am afraid I am very old school when it come hifi cables; only the fattest solid copper core that's about as thick & flexible as a walking stick will do! Unfortunately, that won't be too convenient for earbud listening though :)

Yeah, I am finding the same as you pretty much, except now I am stuck with about 300 feet of it total. Oh well... was only like $30 for all of it.

I too prefer the biggest pure copper wire I can get, but the only other stuff I have is 16awg I used on my home stereo and car. So..... not exactly what you want for earbuds...

Jan 9, 2017 at 6:08 PM Post #16,065 of 75,565
  Yeah, I am finding the same as you pretty much, except now I am stuck with about 300 feet of it total. Oh well... was only like $30 for all of it.

Build a tower mast in your backyard and start a new hobby in HF/VHF comms. Problem solved! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back