Earbuds Round-Up
Dec 26, 2016 at 2:14 AM Post #15,676 of 75,617
  Hey, that was a cool read. 

何となく良いのは means surprisingly good (implying the reviewer had low expectations?),
これはちょっと, literally "It's a little...", meaning they were either below expectations or not the reviewer's cup of tea,
残念 means garbage.

And then the table contents are: item name, initial impression, "actual" impression after some time.

I thought the rest of it translated in a way that makes enough sense.

何となく・・・ = I have no particular reason, but I just thought so.
Not necessarily good for everyone.
By the way, I love B200.
dt880smile.png

Dec 26, 2016 at 2:15 AM Post #15,677 of 75,617
  I wonder if by  "BGM Best [ BLOX BE3 ] "  he actually means best earbud for background music 
etysmile.gif

That is one name for video game music...

Surprised to see Qian39 in the less than good category. 

Yeah, I was too, cause he said it was not bad with jpop. No big deal really, but surprising.

I noted in his column on things he heard about buds, there were some links to posts in this thread. That was neat.

Dec 26, 2016 at 2:47 AM Post #15,678 of 75,617

Yeah, I was too, cause he said it was not bad with jpop. No big deal really, but surprising.

I noted in his column on things he heard about buds, there were some links to posts in this thread. That was neat.

I omit a lot of English. I'm sorry.
eek.gif

Dec 26, 2016 at 3:06 AM Post #15,680 of 75,617

yeah, I have heard of using looping VGM as BGM

for me I listen to everything on shuffle, including VGM and BGM, there are a few sites that give legally free BGM's like incompetech.com (it's also royalty free so many youtubers use them as BGM for their videos)

Dec 26, 2016 at 3:18 AM Post #15,681 of 75,617
  Hey, what do you think of the company Heavenly Sound? Is your list in order of best to worst (in your opinion)? Your review of the HS Blues makes them seem like they might be very good.

I feel attractive to HS blues.
dt880smile.png

I am also very interested in HS Cadenza. Good price.
c053c25c-s.jpg

Dec 26, 2016 at 5:10 AM Post #15,682 of 75,617
Speaking of Japanese music I always thought that they're carefully mastered and low quality iem / earbud / Earphone won't sound great. They only (mostly) shines with device that offer great resolution. Gotta take that into consideration when viewing Japanese reviews. Their usual prospective is slightly different. IMHO

Dec 26, 2016 at 7:59 AM Post #15,683 of 75,617
5 bucks not bad, they go for ~20 on amazon with shipping, no red or black though, just blue, white, lime, purple

I thought it would be another "phiilps" like the she3800, but this is actually sold everywhere now, for about 20 AUD,

this is like when I had bought my philips she3200 from ebay for about half the retail price, only its wired backwards, left is right, etc

I have 2 other earbuds that have a rubber cover like this, the philips she2100 and she2670 and in my opinion, they sound better without it

I use the philips she2670 with full foams and the she2100 with rubber ring, however, I rarely use them at all

edit* was curious again and tried the she2100 they seem to have a clear sound but they are a bit bright and fatiguing for me, perhaps I should invest in a portable amp and stop connecting earbuds directly to the analog output of my playstations

Yeah, but I'm not so sure about the genuinity of those sold on ali, will buy a pair. Which color should I get?

Also, which foams should I get? I don't want to order another pair of monks just for the EX pack, but I'm looking for something similar to those, both thick and simple ones

Dec 26, 2016 at 9:00 AM Post #15,684 of 75,617

Yeah, but I'm not so sure about the genuinity of those sold on ali, will buy a pair. Which color should I get?

Also, which foams should I get? I don't want to order another pair of monks just for the EX pack, but I'm looking for something similar to those, both thick and simple ones

I'm also not so sure about the genuinity of those sold on ali, either, I had a chance to buy some philips from ali but bought a pair (she3200) from ebay, still don't know if they were genuine, 

as for foams, I use full foams (can't remember from which earbuds I got them) on the she2670, for me, it improved the sound over stock rubber, but I have had them for over 3 years now and only for a few months tried using full foams on them

have been debating on buying hiegi foams for a while, but don't because mainly I don't like using them, only recently have used them on 2 earbuds philips and sony and sometimes I use the light foams on the monk+

but I have no experience with these philips, thus cannot say anything on how they would sound with foam or not

Dec 26, 2016 at 9:42 AM Post #15,686 of 75,617

I bought some of these. They are good quality, smooth and comfortable, not too thick but quite dense with good damping:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Earbuds-Eartip-8-pair-16-pcs-Imports-Ear-Cotton-Sponge-Earmuffs-Ear-Cotton-For-Earbuds-Earplug/32707547036.html

Dec 26, 2016 at 9:44 AM Post #15,687 of 75,617

I'm also not so sure about the genuinity of those sold on ali, either, I had a chance to buy some philips from ali but bought a pair (she3200) from ebay, still don't know if they were genuine, 

as for foams, I use full foams (can't remember from which earbuds I got them) on the she2670, for me, it improved the sound over stock rubber, but I have had them for over 3 years now and only for a few months tried using full foams on them

have been debating on buying hiegi foams for a while, but don't because mainly I don't like using them, only recently have used them on 2 earbuds philips and sony and sometimes I use the light foams on the monk+

but I have no experience with these philips, thus cannot say anything on how they would sound with foam or not

I was looking for foams to use as a backup since I'm running out of the monk ones, ali is full of them but I don't know if they're monk good or ty32 bad foams

Dec 26, 2016 at 10:30 AM Post #15,690 of 75,617
  I was looking for foams to use as a backup since I'm running out of the monk ones, ali is full of them but I don't know if they're monk good or ty32 bad foams

Did you see the link I posted?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back