Earbuds Round-Up
Dec 23, 2016 at 3:06 PM Post #15,587 of 75,437
Any other totl bud with worldclass soundstage and seperation and similar perference to mine?

Dec 23, 2016 at 3:06 PM Post #15,588 of 75,437
I though hp650 had big bass. Oh well, i am buying one totl earbud and i dont like layed back sound too. I like exciting one.

What do u think of k 500?

Bass is a bit "flabby" on HP650. But with EQ it can become pretty good. CampFred is laid back and very very natural sounding, but it's not rolled off in any way (treble or bass). It just presents the music without coloring it like many other earbuds do. Bass and sub bass is very good for an earbud. I think that only Zen 1 has got deeper bass than CampFred. However, the bass is more integrated into the music on CampFred and not as dominating as on Zen 1. Edimun V3 has got a sound signature that is pretty close to the one of Zen 1, but not as "wild" as Zen 1.

I found K500 to have a bit sharp upper mids. It's not like the treble is too bright, but more like there is a peak in the upper mids that can be fatiguing if you listen for a longer time. Bass is rally good on K500 as well.

Dec 23, 2016 at 3:14 PM Post #15,589 of 75,437
Man why does these companies makes that nasty peak. Why. Even my **** has that one.

Dec 23, 2016 at 3:18 PM Post #15,591 of 75,437
I'm gonna back up Edimun V3 as a stellar choice for energetic sound lovers.

Does v3 has similar 3d soundstage and worldclass seperation as the other totl earbuds?

Dec 23, 2016 at 3:29 PM Post #15,594 of 75,437
Does v3 has similar 3d soundstage and worldclass seperation as the other totl earbuds?

It is very close. I actually prefer Edimun V3 to Zen 1 even if Zen 1 is more energetic. The soundstage is not as big as on K500 or even CampFred but you get a good 3D feel of the instruments.

Dec 23, 2016 at 3:40 PM Post #15,596 of 75,437
What do you mean by energetic?  (do they sound energetic - and if so how, or are they good for energetic music?)

It might be the slight V shape. If you compare, say TY32 (I have only heard version 1) with Monk+, the former is more V shaped and treble and bass appears to be more forward and "energetic". Monk+ is more flat in its frequency response and might appear less "energetic" and more "neutral" because of that. Edimun V3 and Zen 1 is more towards TY32 or Qian39 while CampFred and TY650 is more toward Monk+.

For energetic music I would actually pick something more laid back. Otherwise my ears would get tired very fast...

Dec 23, 2016 at 3:46 PM Post #15,597 of 75,437
For energetic music I would actually pick something more laid back. Otherwise my ears would get tired very fast...

Makes a lot of sense. Might be why i like the laid back K's earphone 64s now...they are more pleasing and analogueish to listen to the sort of sebadoh and pavement type indie rock i often enjoy, which to me is quite energetic, the drums sounds nice and soft, but there is still detail and and clear quiet background

Dec 23, 2016 at 3:55 PM Post #15,598 of 75,437
  Makes a lot of sense. Might be why i like the laid back K's earphone 64s now...they are more pleasing and analogueish to listen to the sort of sebadoh and pavement type indie rock i often enjoy, which to me is quite energetic, the drums sounds nice and soft, but there is still detail and and clear quiet background

I agree mostly about the K's 64 sound, but I couldn't get over the treble peak which tired me out quicker than any energetic bud sound signature.

Only problem I can think about with Edimun V3, is that stuff sounds energetic even when it doesn't in the original recording. There is a permanent sort of magic sparkle on the sound but it can get tiring as well. Plus, it isn't the best choice for laid back sound fans or those who aren't fans of the V signature.

Dec 23, 2016 at 4:08 PM Post #15,599 of 75,437
I agree mostly about the K's 64 sound, but I couldn't get over the treble peak which tired me out quicker than any energetic bud sound signature.

Only problem I can think about with Edimun V3, is that stuff sounds energetic even when it doesn't in the original recording. There is a permanent sort of magic sparkle on the sound but it can get tiring as well. Plus, it isn't the best choice for laid back sound fans or those who aren't fans of the V signature.

I do prefer a more laid back presentation, but Edimun V3 is just difficult to resist for me. I don't really know why. Perhaps because there are no peaks that are tiring (despite that v shaped sound). It's the same with Tomahawk which is quite energetic and that I just love for some reason (and about 50% of the people who has tried it hate it). Something like CampFred is the complete opposite with a very laid back sound that still does not become too flat (which can be a risk - look at Musicmaker Ting or at least partly Sennheiser MX985).

Dec 23, 2016 at 4:30 PM Post #15,600 of 75,437

What sort of sound signature do you like? If we just look at TOTL earbuds, there is a big difference between for example Rose Mojito and TY HiZ HP650. Almost night and day.

Mojitos would be the vegan salad, HP650 would be the hamburger with eggs and bacon.

If K500, and HP650 and Campfred were cars, K500 would be the sport Range Rover (all roads, comfortable, with massive power under the hood), HP650 would be the Lincoln limousine  (smoothest ride, ), and Campfred would be the Golf R (smaller, a little dry compared to the other two but articulate and effortless)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back