Earbuds Round-Up
Nov 11, 2016 at 8:56 AM Post #13,876 of 75,441
Nov 11, 2016 at 9:56 AM Post #13,883 of 75,441
  Hmm. Is it bright, or just not so dark like the Zen? Also, does the bass extend nice and low? 

Not overly bright, just not as overly dark as the Zen 2.
The bass scales very well with proper amping. I have never heard an ear bud that handles sub bass as proper as the K's 500. So yeah it extends fairly low.

Edit. If you feel uncertain. Try the K's 64 with white cable, to get a taste. The K's 64 with black cable sound much thinner than the white cable.

Nov 11, 2016 at 9:56 AM Post #13,884 of 75,441
Oh man, this sale is so bad for my wallet. At least I resisted buying the Shanling M1. Figured I'd probably end up just using my phone 99% of the time even if I had it, since I listen to so many podcasts and stream a lot of music.

I have an HP-650 on the way, but wanted to try out the MusicMaker Tomahawk, so I figured today would be a good day to order it. I, uh.. kind of bought a lot of other things too. Here's my list:

**** PT15, with black cable
Qian39
Qian25 (blue)
Faaeal 64ohms
MusicMaker Tomahawk (silver)

Plus 3 IEMs (which I generally hate but haven't tried in years) from KZ: ATE, ED10, ED9.

And then about 5 different cases for earbuds/IEMS and several foams for both as well.

Nov 11, 2016 at 9:59 AM Post #13,886 of 75,441
  Oh man, this sale is so bad for my wallet. At least I resisted buying the Shanling M1. Figured I'd probably end up just using my phone 99% of the time even if I had it, since I listen to so many podcasts and stream a lot of music.

I have an HP-650 on the way, but wanted to try out the MusicMaker Tomahawk, so I figured today would be a good day to order it. I, uh.. kind of bought a lot of other things too. Here's my list:

**** PT15, with black cable
Qian39
Qian25 (blue)
Faaeal 64ohms
MusicMaker Tomahawk (silver)

Plus 3 IEMs (which I generally hate but haven't tried in years) from KZ: ATE, ED10, ED9.

And then about 5 different cases for earbuds/IEMS and several foams for both as well.

ATE S is missing on that list , buddy! 
biggrin.gif

Nov 11, 2016 at 10:04 AM Post #13,888 of 75,441
  Soo tempted lol. thanks for your help :)

No problem. While you answered I edited my previous post
"Edit. If you feel uncertain. Try the K's 64 with white cable, to get a taste. The K's 64 with black cable sound much thinner with weaker bass than the white cable."

I don't know if the same goes for the 500, that the more expensive model sound better than the cheaper one. I have only experience with the more expensive model.

Nov 11, 2016 at 10:07 AM Post #13,889 of 75,441
Oh, I didnt see the S version of the ATE in the store that I ordered all of the others from (all this stuff was bought at the same store; pretty good selection). Is the non-S version much worse?

It´s ok if you only listen to MP3/4 and 16/44.1 files. If you listen to 24/96 files and higher, the ATE S sounds much better imo. 

Nov 11, 2016 at 10:15 AM Post #13,890 of 75,441
  No problem. While you answered I edited my previous post
"Edit. If you feel uncertain. Try the K's 64 with white cable, to get a taste. The K's 64 with black cable sound much thinner with weaker bass than the white cable."

I don't know if the same goes for the 500, that the more expensive model sound better than the cheaper one. I have only experience with the more expensive model.

​Second the recommendation of the K's 64. Just started listening to the white version, very nice and clear sound. Effortless. Possibly my new favorite in the cheap category (I do like the sharper ones though). Still waiting for the 500, but if it's the same just better I'm pretty sure they're going to climb very high on my list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back