PT15 + Blue @ 11.44
Qian39 @ 5.51

IEM:

Colorful KZ ZST @ 11.18
Tennmak Porcelain @ 8.31

DAP:

Shanling M1 + Some USB-C Adaptors @ 115
128gb micro sd @ 33.59

where did u get the pt15 and the 128gb micro sd???

Nov 11, 2016 at 10:55 AM Post #13,894 of 75,629
  No problem. While you answered I edited my previous post
"Edit. If you feel uncertain. Try the K's 64 with white cable, to get a taste. The K's 64 with black cable sound much thinner with weaker bass than the white cable."

I don't know if the same goes for the 500, that the more expensive model sound better than the cheaper one. I have only experience with the more expensive model.

Thanks for your impressions. Can't wait for both of them to arrive.
My inventory is almost all dark sound signature. It's not hurt to try out some nice bright buds 
biggrin.gif

Nov 11, 2016 at 10:59 AM Post #13,895 of 75,629

Well, how about you buy my pair of QFred for $200 including registered shipping (that would be about $20). Then I'll buy a new pair of QFred. I'll lose some money in the process, but it would be cool if some more opinions on QFred could be heard.

You might not like it, but seeing that you put Sennheiser MX985 and Blox TM7 at the top of your list we might have some preference for sound signature in common.

QFred is different sounding than MX985 and TM7, but to my ears it's definitely on the same level. Too bad that the high price and lack of feedback keeps people from trying it out...

(The offer above is ONLY for ClieOS)

Thanks, but my money has already committed elsewhere.

Nov 11, 2016 at 11:00 AM Post #13,897 of 75,629
Jumped on the 11.11 sale, and ordered myself a Boarseman MX98S as well as a Seahf LD-3.0 150ohms.

Hopefully these two will step the game up compared to my Monk+ and E100, which I both love for different types of music.

Really gotta thank everyone for posting in this thread, as it really opened up the world of earbuds for me, which I previously deemed as inferior in terms of quality in comparison to IEMs. 

Nov 11, 2016 at 11:20 AM Post #13,901 of 75,629
The PT15 from AK Store

The sd card
MIXZA TOHAOLL Micro SD Memory Card Colormix 8GB 16GB 32GB 64GB 128GB Class10 Colorful Series Storage Device for Smartphone
http://s.aliexpress.com/vuiMrmAr
(from AliExpress Android)
Its got a 5 star rating for 170 orders so i am giving it a shot

thanks bro, i was hoping it was samsung sd.

Nov 11, 2016 at 11:27 AM Post #13,903 of 75,629
**** PT15 vs. Monk+ A<->B testing
Last nigh I compared the PT15 and MP by using a "Y" cable - both plugged in at once so easy to switch. The source is an LG V10.

If one word were to describe each, MP - warm and PT15 - bright. The PT15 will appeal to those of us that appreciate treble, and the high end is crisp and clear, without being sibilant.  Mids and lows/bass - I would characterize as balanced. Maybe closer to v shaped. The mids aren't recessed IMO. The area that the PT15 shines is on separation and very good resolution. On instruments - the bass guitar was clear and stood out in the mix, vocal harmonies - on a few challenging tracks ability to discern the two voices in the harmony very good. The MP is no slouch, and only when AB testing does is it become apparent that the PT15 is a step or two better in terms of resolution. At least one step.

This morning I was listening in shuffle mode, a John Coletrane track popped up. When the snare drums came on 10 seconds into the song, I thought there was something going on in the room, and removed the PT15 from my ears! It has a live sound. I'm not a basshead, and the PT15 certainly isn't bass heavy, so this is my preferred sound signature. A concern is if will hold up to pleasurable listening for extended periods of time. The sound of the MP and PT15 is very different. For extended listening I'd probably use the MP, and for critical listening - high fidelity, well produced tracks, I'd use the PT15. The PT15 revealed more flaws in poorly recorded music.

I don't have any high end earbuds at this time, so take my opinions with a grain of salt, and best to wait until more experienced folks provide their opinions to make a purchase decision. But I think **** did a great job. It must be that graphene driver that grabbed our attention in the first place 
tongue_smile.gif

Note the MP is one button. On my one buttons I use the same color foam on each side and rely on the button to indicate right. The **** has a red and blue band. Red and blue foams are included but two colors are really not necessary. The donuts are black.

Nov 11, 2016 at 11:33 AM Post #13,904 of 75,629
The PT15 from AK Store

The sd card
MIXZA TOHAOLL Micro SD Memory Card Colormix 8GB 16GB 32GB 64GB 128GB Class10 Colorful Series Storage Device for Smartphone

That's a good SD card, I bought one months ago and it's fast.
Bought the 64 though, still working fine.

Nov 11, 2016 at 11:42 AM Post #13,905 of 75,629

The PT15 from AK Store

The sd card

That's a good SD card, I bought one months ago and it's fast.
Bought the 64 though, still working fine.

For use in a smartphone I would only use a premium sd card from a reliable source. It's not worth it.

I must resist getting a backup PT15!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back