Earbuds Round-Up
Nov 11, 2016 at 12:51 PM Post #13,909 of 75,628

Thanks, but my money has already committed elsewhere.

Okay. Well, at least I save $60...

... Which I used right now. HP650 for $70.40 from *that* seller is pretty good!

However, this was money that I got for stuff that I sold and that I should have put in my savings account...

Only 2 earbuds now that I think I really need to buy: K's 500 ohm and Shozy Stardust. (and later VE Nirvana and the new Blox flagship)

I feel a bit like a kid at xmas with all the earbuds coming.

Received a mail from Herry of Cypherus who has assembled my pair of CampFred and is doing QC with Cypherus' new modded version of XDuoo X3:

download

If anyone is interested in the modded XDuoo one I can ask him about it. Since the housing is custom made from copper and the inside is modded as well, I suppose the price is a lot higher than the standard X3.

I'm happy with my small harem of vintage DAPs. Used the rockboxed iRiver H340 today and it really is a great DAP.

Nov 11, 2016 at 1:36 PM Post #13,910 of 75,628
  So there's a difference between the two K's64? I cheapened out in October and bought the black one for $6 instead of the white one for $8

Black cable didn't impress me much, while white cable sounded good. On the other hand, black cable was about 120 cm and white cable was around 145 cm.
Seems you can't have it all with the K's 64. Or K is suggesting you should use black cable on the go, and white cable at home. Or perhaps white cable is for really tall people.
cool.gif

Nov 11, 2016 at 1:57 PM Post #13,911 of 75,628

So there's a difference between the two K's64? I cheapened out in October and bought the black one for $6 instead of the white one for $8

Black cable didn't impress me much, while white cable sounded good. On the other hand, black cable was about 120 cm and white cable was around 145 cm.
Seems you can't have it all with the K's 64. Or K is suggesting you should use black cable on the go, and white cable at home. Or perhaps white cable is for really tall people.
cool.gif

Oh great. I have K's 64 with black cable in transit.

Nov 11, 2016 at 2:35 PM Post #13,912 of 75,628
I want that copper X3 so bad but I also know as soon as I hear the price I'm going to flip right over on my head.

I learned Elibuds released a Re:Zero earbud in pink and light blue, description "tuned for Ani-song". So I want to hear it really badly. However the Re:Zero sold out on their taobao nearly immediately and I've been waiting for news of their next  Ani-song bud. Anyone know more about these?

Nov 11, 2016 at 2:40 PM Post #13,913 of 75,628
I want that copper X3 so bad but I also know as soon as I hear the price I'm going to flip right over on my head.

I just buy the upgrade kit instead:

Nov 11, 2016 at 4:39 PM Post #13,916 of 75,628
USD1 = RM4.42 as of right now...pretty crazy. Never seen the numbers so high. But I still bought two...hopefully it's worth it!

Our currency is going to the dogs lol

I'm thinking of getting a good dac or maybe **** earbud. Oh well.

But as a consolation I bought cheap USB audio instead. Lol I wanted to stock a few of same model because local store don't carry them anymore.

I just realized how good this little usb sound interface when paired with o2 amp + wall plug. Usually when Im at work I use this USB audio as my built-in sound card replacement. They sound very lean and fatiguing. My guess is that the output power too high and not clean. It distort the sound when paired with O2 amp on high gain. But I remember reading on nwavguy blog about pairing o2 with high output source. You need to use it with power plug instead of internal batteries.

When I plug in the power suddenly the sound became very clean and very very open. Non fatiguing at all. All the congestion that I used to feel with ty 320 now nonexistent. I thought it was just a fluke so I put my ty 32. Now ty sound very open like tomahawk. All the ty hot treble is now fixed. Depth is amazing. Everything sound improved. Ok maybe bass is tamed a bit. But instead of being pronounced they're much more natural and layered nicely.

I have to say "what the heck". I bought it for 3usd at local shop and the case literally fall apart on day one. Been neglected for 3 months for behaving very lean.

I take back all my hot treble issue with ty.

As a comparison I belive it sounds better than fiio Q1 dac, my Samsung with Wolfson and iPhone 5, 6

Nov 11, 2016 at 6:43 PM Post #13,917 of 75,628
VE Monk Candy sale news.

Check their facebook for details:
https://www.facebook.com/veclancom/photos/a.1812063892342955.1073741828.1647981012084578/1837607276455283/?type=3&theater

Nov 11, 2016 at 8:44 PM Post #13,920 of 75,628
Good morning from Indonesia everyone !!! My asura 2.0 reached 30hrs burn in this morning hahaha i love it so much (eventhough im a bit dissapointed i found a cheaper ting and seahf ld 4.0 400ohm are placed for sale in local store for around $70 T.T

Now playing : utada hikaru - manatsu no tooriame

Users who are viewing this thread

Back