Earbuds Round-Up
Oct 13, 2016 at 12:48 AM Post #11,822 of 75,303
  Received the Shozy BK - really amazing cable, probably the best I have ever seen on any earphone. More amazingly is its SQ. To put it short, it is the perfected Shozy Cygnus.

I'm waiting to see it on Aliexpress

Oct 13, 2016 at 12:51 AM Post #11,823 of 75,303

Official price is supposed to be RMB999, or about USD150 for the normal version. Balanced version (which I ordered) should be about USD165. I got it cheaper because I am a returned customer, plus pre-order special discount.

Oct 13, 2016 at 12:52 AM Post #11,824 of 75,303

Official price is supposed to be RMB999, or about USD150 for the normal version. Balanced version (which I ordered) should be about USD165. I got it cheaper because I am a returned customer, plus pre-order special discount.

u ordered off Tabao?

Oct 13, 2016 at 12:53 AM Post #11,825 of 75,303
Hmmm... no balanced gear to use, but VE sells adapters for $5. would be an extra $15-20 for a connection I can't use, but maybe in the future i'd get something balanced...

150 is a little steep IMO but if it's actually that much improved to be worth the cost of two Cygnus, it's tempting.

Oct 13, 2016 at 12:54 AM Post #11,826 of 75,303
I pretty much only use Cygnus these days so I can't wait to get BK. And wow balanced edition will be great as my AK70 supports balanced option. It would be my first balanced headphone.

Oct 13, 2016 at 12:57 AM Post #11,827 of 75,303
How do you guys juggle between earbuds usage and IEMs usage?

I made the mistake of going out for a walk last night with only earbuds (instead of my usual KZ ATE), thinking it would be safer in the dark to hear cars coming. But it was so noisy, the earbud's fidelity sounded like an AM radio. Was really missing my KZ ATE within a few minutes. But once I was back home, the earbuds came back into it own.

So was wondering what kind of planning goes into how you go about juggling earbuds/IEMs, I suppose I could carry a bunch of IEMs and earbuds around with me all the time. But is there a better approach?

100% earbuds. I just hate the feel of IEMs. I do not need perfect isolation and can accept to hear outside noises. I listen resonably loud but not loud enough to traumatize my ears. I lower the volume once I come into a more quiet environment.
To counteract outside noises I always boost bass a bit, preferably sub bass (in Rockbox you can boost from 20 Hz).

I still miss a lot of detail, but when I listen on the go I do not need perfect fidelity...

Oct 13, 2016 at 12:58 AM Post #11,828 of 75,303
  u ordered off Tabao?

Always, whenever I can anyway. It is almost always cheaper than AE, plus a pretty fast shipping (usually less than 2 weeks from order to receive), provided if you live in one of the country with official Taobao forwarding service.

Oct 13, 2016 at 12:58 AM Post #11,829 of 75,303

Always, whenever I can anyway. It is almost always cheaper than AE, plus a pretty fast shipping (usually less than 2 weeks from order to receive), provided if you live in one of the country with official Taobao forwarding service.

any input on how to order from Tabao? you need an agent right? i live in canada...

Oct 13, 2016 at 1:04 AM Post #11,830 of 75,303
  any input on how to order from Tabao? you need an agent right? i live in canada...

If you are in one of those areas with Taobao forwarding service, you don't need an agent. You can just order it on Taobao and they will ship it to you.  These places include HK, Taiwan, S.E. Asia, Australia and NZ.

Since you are not, you have to order it using some kind of agent service - MisterTao for example. In most case, AE seller are like agent as well. They just resell Taobao's stuff + extra fee.

Oct 13, 2016 at 1:25 AM Post #11,834 of 75,303

i hope to see a shozy BK and Campfred comparison
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back