Earbuds Round-Up
Aug 13, 2016 at 6:18 AM Post #8,416 of 75,261
Indeed. I'm still on the fence when it comes to the RX-1's. I know many admire the build quality, but to me it still feels cheap. Reminds me of some of the products you buy where they artificially add weight to the product to make it feel more expensive than it really is.

They definitely have the best build quality I have seen in any earbud under $100. I think that is the standard for build quality for budget earbuds now. Not only do they not feel cheap/fake, but mine have held up very well.

I can't really say the same about the sound quality though which is a mixed bag. It's definitely a bass light earbud.

Aug 13, 2016 at 7:10 AM Post #8,417 of 75,261
  Did I miss any relevant ones that I don't already have (what I have is listed in my profile) that can be bought on AE?

Currently my favourite buds are the Boarseman MX98s and the VE Zen 2.0. The MX98s for being the most engaging, yet relaxed, buds that never gets fatiguing, and the Zen 2 for the being the full package.

OK, so back to your post. I can't help you with MX98s/Zen 2.0 himera nor with ultimate earbud. This is more about if your already very good earbuds list is missing something. Now the question is if you would like what I like and from your list I like Zen 2.0, MX98s, Cygnus, Ting and Monks but I am not really into Tomahawk. And what I am looking for in earbuds is musicality and certain harmony (for my taste).
So this is what you don't have yet but what I like from my profile list and let's say I concider these as the safest bet. Of course I like more than these but I do not want to list controvential or sort of special ability earbuds.

Astrotec Lyra6
Black Onyx Earbud
Blue Ever Blue 328R
DaiK DK-Jin Wooden Earbuds
ERQU EQ100
Ostry KC08 (or newer KC08T)
Pioneer SE-CE521
Sennheiser MX 985

If you want to take the risk just get the cheapest pair from above list and if you like what you hear go for another one.
For the cheapest (but may be the biggest surprise) for the start would be Black Onyx for about 30 USD shipped and can be ordered here https://www.facebook.com/earbudsthailand/ (just ask for PayPal invoice). Then the next one would be Pioneer (eBay) and 328R (can be ordered here http://www.blueeverblue.com/contacts.html - you can ask for Head-Fi rebate and PayPal invoice).

So good luck with catching Snorlax!

Aug 13, 2016 at 7:55 AM Post #8,418 of 75,261
Indeed. I'm still on the fence when it comes to the RX-1's. I know many admire the build quality, but to me it still feels cheap. Reminds me of some of the products you buy where they artificially add weight to the product to make it feel more expensive than it really is.

I am not as much on the fence, If I want a Cygnus like sound (not often) I go for them but realize they're still very different from the Cygnus. The thing is i'm usually not after that specific sound. I don't really disagree with where Clieos ranked it against other earbuds, it's just not my favorite for daily use.

Aug 13, 2016 at 7:58 AM Post #8,419 of 75,261
  Man it's difficult to keep up with all the postings of the various buds. I've made a couple of orders (based on the latest buzz in this tread) and some that I was just too curious not to try. These are incoming:

AUGLAMOUR RX-1
FAAEAL 64ohm
FAAEAL 300ohm DIY
Mr MusicMaker TP16
Seahf LD-3.0 320ohm
T-Music DIY
TY Hi-Z 32ohm
TY Hi-Z 150ohm

Did I miss any relevant ones that I don't already have (what I have is listed in my profile) that can be bought on AE?

I will not order the Mojitos at the current price point, because I suspect they will have an even more problematic fit in my ears than the Tomahawks, and also because I enjoy a more analogue/dark signature.

Did I get it right that the LD-3.0 320ohm is the one that is kind of similar to the old Zen?

I'm excited to hear what you thin of the TY 150ohm. Thats the one I am most curious about from all your grabbed, with the FAAEAL 300 being the next most intersting

Well I went through your page and didn't see a whole lot that was missing from the "cool trendy buds"  as aside from the RX-1 it's really been trying to figure out all the different Seahf/TY rebrandings of stuff and what is actually new and what isn't....

Aug 13, 2016 at 8:47 AM Post #8,420 of 75,261

I can´t tell you, but since I have the Seahf earbuds, I´ve become extremely addicted to the bass performance of those two earbuds.
I´d say, if you like to try more bass (with really deep sub-bass), and you have the amp for it, give the 3.0 400 Ohm a shot.
If you want more dynamics and a more powerful bass, go for the 320 Ohm. Or do like I did, order both.
When I look back over the week, I listened to the V1 320 Ohm the most, then 3.0 400 Ohm, then 3.0 320 Ohm. Maybe it helps.....

so the 320 V1 is not the 320 3.0??? where to order the 320 V1? any Aliexpress link will help. :)

Aug 13, 2016 at 8:56 AM Post #8,422 of 75,261
  50% off for twitter followers, I wonder how that works, follow them and say that you are following them when you order the earbuds and wait for the price to be reduced?

20% off without twitter

those silver plated cables seem tempting, I wonder if they different enough from the ty hi-z hp32 to justify buying them?

​Correct - you just a message them with order your order on Aliexpress after you have added them to buy, but before you have paid. They usually adjust pretty quickly. The Head-fi discount are in my experience variable, sometimes you get a discount, other times they throw in some freebies.

Aug 13, 2016 at 10:03 AM Post #8,423 of 75,261
  Honestly Mojito for cold and KC08t for warm is all you need in my opinion for buds. I still have to hear Zen 2 though. And the best vocals in any bud I've heard is Shozy Cygnus. They are the most detailed and rich, forward vocals with intimate soundstage. 

Offtopic, I saw that you ordered the edimun v3 3 weeks ago, how much was shipping? it's been awhile, I was thinking you might get faster shipping 

Thanks

Aug 13, 2016 at 10:12 AM Post #8,424 of 75,261
  Offtopic, I saw that you ordered the edimun v3 3 weeks ago, how much was shipping? it's been awhile, I was thinking you might get faster shipping 

Thanks

when i bought my Red De'Mun + bMac + iPod LOD i paid EMS shipping costs, however the option was there for slow economy shipping as well. this time i did not pay the extra for EMS, either...

Aug 13, 2016 at 10:14 AM Post #8,425 of 75,261
  when i bought my Red De'Mun + bMac + iPod LOD i paid EMS shipping costs, however the option was there for slow economy shipping as well. this time i did not pay the extra for EMS, either...

How much will economy shipping cost? I saw earlier a couple of weeks ago, that it was more than 20 dollars for shipping, I might ask them for the economy shipping. I can wait 

Aug 13, 2016 at 10:15 AM Post #8,426 of 75,261
  How much will economy shipping cost? I saw earlier a couple of weeks ago, that it was more than 20 dollars for shipping, I might ask them for the economy shipping. I can wait 

ya, it was about $30 for my EMS shipping, but don't forget, i bought a headphone amp too... that weighs more than the earbuds for sure :)

economy shipping was only about $4, or something like $6-7 with registered & tracking, i went for registered+tracking but not EMS this time

Aug 13, 2016 at 10:26 AM Post #8,428 of 75,261
  nvm read sub 100. I'd get the Ting then.

Hehe, was thinking Exactly about this one...quite logical...and fanatical
wink_face.gif

Aug 13, 2016 at 10:35 AM Post #8,430 of 75,261
I pulled the trigger on the seahf's 32ohm, sent them a message and they replied almost immediately, less than 10 aud 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back