Earbuds Round-Up
Aug 10, 2016 at 7:42 PM Post #8,281 of 75,273

I take that back... the Monk+ (the cheapest!) buds don't buzz.  I did suspect the DAC stage, however, if that were the culprit wouldn't ALL of them be buzzing on the right side only?

could also be the amp struggling to put out enough power to make the proper sound and instead distorting.
if you never notice the buzzing during any sort of normal use i would not be too concerned.

Aug 10, 2016 at 8:06 PM Post #8,282 of 75,273
Bullet dodged I guess. If it doesn't rattle while playing Massive Attack's Angel, it's good to go.

Aug 10, 2016 at 9:24 PM Post #8,283 of 75,273
could also be the amp struggling to put out enough power to make the proper sound and instead distorting.
if you never notice the buzzing during any sort of normal use i would not be too concerned.

I swapped the left and right connectors. The buzz is still coming from the same earbud but it's reduced now. I'm puzzled.

Bullet dodged I guess. If it doesn't rattle while playing Massive Attack's Angel, it's good to go.

A great song! I'll try that tomorrow.

Aug 10, 2016 at 11:22 PM Post #8,286 of 75,273
Awei AS10 just came in...after like 2 months

Did you mean the Awei ES10?

The ES10 was my FIRST earbud.  It it is when I fell in love with this form factor.  I could not believe how good they sounded.  Of course now, they would be one of the lower quality playback, but I gave all my pairs away to for friends and family.

-- 

Aug 11, 2016 at 12:34 AM Post #8,291 of 75,273
  Ended up getting the RX-1 today and they're pretty disappointing. They sound worse than Monks IMO (original). Less bass impact so Monk sounds a little more congested, but a serious upper-mid peak that makes it partly sibilant and mids thin.

Are you using it with foams? I've read in this thread the fit is important to get the right bass of RX-1 maybe you should try to fit it like an IEM style and see if it improve something.

Aug 11, 2016 at 12:48 AM Post #8,293 of 75,273

Are you using it with foams? I've read in this thread the fit is important to get the right bass of RX-1 maybe you should try to fit it like an IEM style and see if it improve something.

Yeah, with foams tames the peak a little but the vocals are still very hollow and cold sounding. Possible fake?

Which seller did you use ?

Aug 11, 2016 at 12:54 AM Post #8,295 of 75,273
  Yeah, with foams tames the peak a little but the vocals are still very hollow and cold sounding. Possible fake?

That's a bit awkward situation, cos a lot of people calling the best part of RX-1 are just the mids - including the OP of this thread -. However, I think the product is new, the shape is custom, the connector as well, hard to claim about fake models now.

But you're not alone I've seen people who don't like RX-1 too. There is the option they aren't that good, unfortunately. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back