Earbuds Round-Up
May 18, 2016 at 11:38 AM Post #4,711 of 75,226
  @BloodyPenguin did you think the Blur/Recessed reminded you of Dasetn Mc5? I'm not sure if you have experience with this partiuclar model, though.

I owned the Dasetn MC5.  It is actually the earbud I am wearing in my profile picture (my wife has the Dasetn DIY PK3).  

Sadly, EVERY Dasetn earbud I owned died.  So unfortunately I am unable to compare them.  Though from memory, I don't think they sounded much alike.  

Edit, larger profile photo added:

May 18, 2016 at 11:46 AM Post #4,712 of 75,226
I owned the Dasetn MC5.  It is actually the earbud I am wearing in my profile picture (my wife has the Dasetn DIY PK3).  

Sadly, EVERY Dasetn earbud I owned died.  So unfortunately I am unable to compare them.  Though from memory, I don't think they sounded much alike.  

Edit, larger profile photo added:

what? Zen's??

May 18, 2016 at 11:58 AM Post #4,715 of 75,226
  Haha, I never realized you were wearing earbuds in your pic. nice!
I actually meant to ask if they were the same housing as the MC5, but posted too quickly.

The housings are similar , but with very different tips.  Plus, the build quality of the noSounD is MUCH higher than Dasetn. 

EDIT, I will have some close ups of what I mean by much better build quality very soon.

--

May 18, 2016 at 12:18 PM Post #4,716 of 75,226

Thank you, but I over-exposed the photos due to the clear housings.  I am going to try for a more natural approach for my next try.

I am way too obsessed with my photography.  

EDIT:  BTW, I have a bigger bass called the "Thin and Lean" version of the "Blur" on its way as well to confuse things even further.  
biggrin.gif

From what I can see on my screen at least, highlights don't seem to be blown out though hahaha.

Keep up the good work mate!

Really eager to know how do how does different version of those "Wong" bud sounds!

May 19, 2016 at 4:07 AM Post #4,717 of 75,226
@ClieOS sifu, lately, the urge to purchase the M1N VX is on the rise again, and looking at your ranking, you have placed them below the MusicMaker Tings.

My question are:

How does the Soundstage of both of these earbuds compare?
How are the highs and details?
Finally, is the Ting worth an additional RMB200 over the M1N VX?

Thank-you  

May 19, 2016 at 9:40 AM Post #4,718 of 75,226
.... How does the Soundstage of both of these earbuds compare?
How are the highs and details?
Finally, is the Ting worth an additional RMB200 over the M1N VX?

Soundstage: Ting > VX
High / Detail: VX > Ting

To be fair, I'll think VX is probably a better comparison to Tomahawk than Ting as far as sound signature is concerned since both are more toward the cleaner and higher detail sounding, while Ting is slightly more toward the middle ground between warm and cold sounding. But as far as clarity goes, I really would prefer VX over Tomahawk. The reason I rank Tomahawk higher is because it has a fully lower mid to bass that gives it a more balanced sound. But if clarity is top priority, VX will be the better choice.

May 19, 2016 at 9:46 AM Post #4,719 of 75,226
By the way, here is the new look for Mojito, same sound though.

May 19, 2016 at 9:46 AM Post #4,720 of 75,226

Soundstage: Ting > VX
High / Detail: VX > Ting

To be fair, I'll think VX is probably a better comparison to Tomahawk than Ting as far as sound signature is concerned since both are more toward the cleaner and higher detail sounding, while Ting is slightly more toward the middle ground between warm and cold sounding. But as far as clarity goes, I really would prefer VX over Tomahawk. The reason I rank Tomahawk higher is because it has a fully lower mid to bass that gives it a more balanced sound. But if clarity is top priority, VX will be the better choice.

Thank-you for the fast reply sifu! 

Since I already own the DIY Dual Drivers as well as the Hawks, do you think I should spend the money on the VX?
Besides clarity, is the sound signature of the VX any different from the Tomahawks?

Thank-you  

May 19, 2016 at 9:48 AM Post #4,722 of 75,226
  Thank-you for the fast reply sifu! 

Since I already own the DIY Dual Drivers as well as the Hawks, do you think I should spend the money on the VX?
Besides clarity, is the sound signature of the VX any different from the Tomahawks?

Thank-you  

Different? Yes. A lot? Probably not enough to justify owning both.

What?! How?!

Just a different color housing, a new back plate and apparently longer pin socket. But Rose mentioned  they ahve the same sound as the old stock as the old stock is going to be discontinued.

May 19, 2016 at 10:02 AM Post #4,725 of 75,226
By the way, here is the new look for Mojito, same sound though.

That new metal back plate looks really nice from Rose.

Since listening to the KC08 almost exclusively, Mojito is perhaps the only proper upgrade for me. Nothing against the VE fans though, Zen 2 may be cool for me, but I only have a pair of ears and I have sooo many things that I'm after for, after all.

Looking forward to my next earbuds -Tomahawks. Would be cool if I have more than enough for Ting as well though (dang tight here).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back