Earbuds Round-Up
May 17, 2016 at 9:37 PM Post #4,696 of 75,538
I just tried sir @vapman
's audacity sine wave feature at 60hz to check my pair of SeaHF 320Ohms V2

Bloody hell! The driver on the left ear is busted (constant buzzing, like flies) from my previous mistake of switching amplifier gain settings on the fly.

God Dammit! If only I could turn back time......if only I could......It was my first "serious" earbud.:triportsad:  
damn :smiling_imp:

May 18, 2016 at 3:27 AM Post #4,700 of 75,538
By default audacity will make a tone on the note Middle C which is fairly safe for testing. A sine wave cannot possibly damage your equipment unless it's being played back at absurd volumes.

If you want to be safe I would recommend to try the "sweep" generator - then you could have it make a tone that will go thru many frequencies instead of just one. You could even do 10hz thru 100khz if you wanted
smily_headphones1.gif

Edit: damn just saw your above post, very sorry to hear that man
frown.gif

There is no use crying over split milk I guess. I shall take this as an expensive lesson when dealing with any form of audio equipment.......

On the bright side of things, at least I still own the V1s.

May 18, 2016 at 8:09 AM Post #4,701 of 75,538
Anybody have a link to a reputable seller of the tomahawks?

In addition to the other suggestion, I think several have mentioned this seller on aliexpress...that's where I have ordered mine. I have not received them yet (only ordered a few days ago), but I they have a good deal of positive feedback on the site, and have been mentioned on headfi. If you only want the tomahawk, you have to pick the option for that (they also offer the Ting and Tomahawk which is what I chose).

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2016-MrZ-Tomahawk-MusicMaker-Z-In-Ear-Earbuds-With-MusicMaker-Ting-In-Ear-Earphone-Alloy-Tune/32636595516.html

May 18, 2016 at 9:14 AM Post #4,703 of 75,538

Hey @BloodyPenguin! Is this version with new bass tuning? I'm wondering buy them, do you think they worth $60 or outperform Tomahawks in vocals, resolution?  Thanks!

Actually, the one with the purple ear tips is the "Blur" version, more for clarity and detail.  

The "Recessed" version has a slightly darker sound signature and clear tips.  I actually was up to 3am last night working on a photo shoot of it for my full review.  Sadly, I was NOT happy with my results and I will have to plan something else and re-do the shoot again.

I am working very hard to get reviews up as soon as I can.

EDIT:

Here is a picture I took of the Blur (purple) and Recessed (clear) side by side.

Again, I was not happy with the 2 hours of photos I took and I will re-do them hopefully tonight.

--

May 18, 2016 at 9:21 AM Post #4,704 of 75,538
I just tried sir @vapman
's audacity sine wave feature at 60hz to check my pair of SeaHF 320Ohms V2

Bloody hell! The driver on the left ear is busted (constant buzzing, like flies) from my previous mistake of switching amplifier gain settings on the fly.

God Dammit! If only I could turn back time......if only I could......It was my first "serious" earbud.:triportsad:  

Really sorry to hear that :frowning2:
I hope the still sell it and you can purchase it 1 more. Seahf 320ohm (white cable) is still the best of their line up till now, IMO

May 18, 2016 at 9:39 AM Post #4,705 of 75,538
2 bud just arrived, Hifiman es100 and T&Y Diy earbud.
Es100 has a natural sound, not warm/dark nor bright, just balance. But i have fitting issues. Does it sounds good if i try to change the rubber ring with just foam?

And for T&Y diy earbud, it's surprised me. Really! For $15 earbud, it sounds great. Worth every penny :)

May 18, 2016 at 10:00 AM Post #4,706 of 75,538

Actually, the one with the purple ear tips is the "Blur" version, more for clarity and detail.  

The "Recessed" version has a slightly darker sound signature and clear tips.  I actually was up to 3am last night working on a photo shoot of it for my full review.  Sadly, I was NOT happy with my results and I will have to plan something else and re-do the shoot again.

I am working very hard to get reviews up as soon as I can.

EDIT:

Here is a picture I took of the Blur (purple) and Recessed (clear) side by side.

Again, I was not happy with the 2 hours of photos I took and I will re-do them hopefully tonight.

--

They look damn fine to me though! Keep up the good work mate!

Really sorry to hear that
frown.gif

I hope the still sell it and you can purchase it 1 more. Seahf 320ohm (white cable) is still the best of their line up till now, IMO

Nonono, my SeaHF V1 is new and I have just received it and is currently in the process of burning it in.
The busted SeaHf is the V2.

Thanks anyways mate! 

May 18, 2016 at 10:03 AM Post #4,707 of 75,538

They look damn fine to me though! Keep up the good work mate!

Thank you, but I over-exposed the photos due to the clear housings.  I am going to try for a more natural approach for my next try.

I am way too obsessed with my photography.  

EDIT:  BTW, I have a bigger bass called the "Thin and Lean" version of the "Blur" on its way as well to confuse things even further.  
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back