Earbuds Round-Up
Jan 4, 2016 at 1:55 PM Post #1,907 of 75,519
I've bought them for a long time, but thought maybe defective caught, decided to buy again, the result is the same.

Don't buy anymore.  
wink.gif

--

Jan 5, 2016 at 8:43 AM Post #1,909 of 75,519
Look at what the cat dragged in...

...and guess who received two ToTL earbuds today?
biggrin.gif

The white one is the 400 ohm earbud from SeaHF and its partner (my unofficial translated name is 'Headphone Union') - really good, but a bit hard to drive and I am not sure even my FiiO X7 is doing it justice. Will need to listen to it on a desktop amp to really tell how good it will be. But I'll give it a bit burn-in before any serious listening.

The main course is of course the Ostry KC08 - very impressive on first listen and if you haven't done so - order yourself a pair immediately!!! The overall presentation is slightly on the leaner, cleaner side but I'll still consider to be overall balanced. Treble extension is very refined - crisp, detailed, but not bright or hash. Mid and bass range are almost neutral in quantity, and soundstage is excellent. I think I won't be too far off to describe the KC08 as a pair of Etymotic ER4P with big soudnstage.

Jan 5, 2016 at 8:51 AM Post #1,911 of 75,519

...and guess who received two ToTL earbuds today? :D

The white one is the 400 ohm earbud from SeaHF and its partner (my unofficial translated name is 'Headphone Union') - really good, but a bit hard to drive and I am not sure even my FiiO X7 is doing it justice. Will need to listen to it on a desktop amp to really tell how good it will be. But I'll give it a bit burn-in before any serious listening.

The main course is of course the Ostry KC08 - very impressive on first listen and if you haven't done so - order yourself a pair immediately!!! The overall presentation is slightly on the leaner, cleaner side but I'll still consider to be overall balanced. Treble extension is very refined - crisp, detailed, but not bright or hash. Mid and bass range are almost neutral in quantity, and soundstage is excellent. I think I won't be too far off to describe the KC08 as a pair of Etymotic ER4P with big soudnstage.
Cool, but where Cygnus? :laughing:

Jan 5, 2016 at 8:57 AM Post #1,912 of 75,519
@ClieOS Those Ostrys look very interesting. VE Monk has made me very interested in ear buds, so the KC08 are definitely on my radar. How is the build quality?

Best build quality I ever seen on any Chinese earbuds. The only other earbuds that I'll consider to be equal in build quality will be the Sennheiser MX985, and that's saying a lot for Ostry.

Jan 5, 2016 at 9:03 AM Post #1,913 of 75,519
Cool, but where Cygnus? :laughing:

Cygnus is almost the same price as KC08, and I just don't have enough confidence with Shozy to pay that kind of price. I do own a pair of Shozy dual dynamic IEM and it is just okay.

Jan 5, 2016 at 9:43 AM Post #1,915 of 75,519
Jan 5, 2016 at 10:08 AM Post #1,917 of 75,519
Quote:

...and guess who received two ToTL earbuds today? 
biggrin.gif

I got my 400 ohm 3 days ago. But it comes in black. It is written 400 9u on the sticker. But I am pretty sure it is different compared to the white version.

Confirm it is harder to drive than my previous seaHF 300 ohm. And it is surely a step up, more detail and edgy. Can not compare it with my Zen as it is still on loan after 3 months. 
I also bought the seahf 150 ohm black version, it is also very good. 
And now there is KC08. My wallet is not going to like it if you make it to TOTL there, ClieOS. :D

Jan 5, 2016 at 11:14 AM Post #1,919 of 75,519

Thanks for your first impressions, how big are they and are they difficult to fit?

When you say that bass and mids are almost neutral, are they up or down from neutrality?

Jan 5, 2016 at 11:23 AM Post #1,920 of 75,519
Thanks for your first impressions, how big are they and are they difficult to fit?

When you say that bass and mids are almost neutral, are they up or down from neutrality?

They are no difficult to fit at all, but then again, I seldom run into fit problem on earbuds so I am not the best judge on that.

I'll say it is right about neutral. It is earbuds so slight change in fit can give or take away a bit of body and depth and so it is hard to say precisely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back