Earbuds Round-Up
Aug 14, 2015 at 2:23 AM Post #1,381 of 75,329
Hey all, following Golov's advice, I'll paste one of my posts here:

Hey guys, Hubert here. I've been reading your posts for some time now, and finally decided to join the community.

Thought you might be interested in the fact I've been using the Sudio TVÅ for a couple of weeks now (it seems quite absent from Head-Fi). Or maybe I missed the posts, so... let me know if you wanna know more.

Also, I was planning to sell my Baldoor e100, as I was finding them quite... flat, in despite of the good clarity, and then I read about turning them 90 degrees in the ear and... wow. I know some of you don't approve the trick, but still, in my case it does fit better, and the soundstage opens up like anything! The bass is also more present... definitely sticking to them!
Isn't it a bit like how manufacturers incline the drivers of their full-size headphones? Or maybe I'm being ridiculously naive, eheh :p
Still... thanks a ton to the guy who posted abt it first!
(I must precise I am a fan of big wide-open cans, and listen mostly to acoustic folk, jazz or blues...)

Then, I thought "why not trying the same thing with my HiFiman ES100" -on my list of items to sell too-, and obtained the same huge improvement. The fit is not that satisfying though, but still kinda works.

Finally, just received my yearly salary premium, and ordered the Celsus Sound Gramo One... should reach in a couple of weeks.
Will tell my impressions then, if anybody is interested. I really hope they'll be worth the crazy investment.

Aug 14, 2015 at 3:29 AM Post #1,384 of 75,329
Oh, ok, so I'll start with the TVÅ by Sudio, from Sweden (can't post pics yet due to my newbie profile).
Just take into consideration I'm just a "Junior Head-Fier", so... far from an expert audiophile and reviewer. But I can hear and type, that should help.

First of all, the presentation is pretty good, essential and modern, with a classy touch of retro, but there are too many stylish-though-awfully-sounding headphones, so lets focus on what really matters.

The fit is simply really good, like all their similarly designed siblings on the market.

The build is good I would say, even though fully in plastic... and the flat tangle-free cable quite efficient -not tangling-. There's a one-button remote which is kind of solid (that's one pretty week point of the Mrice e100a IMHO, their remote is super cheap and feels it's constantly on the verge of breaking). But again, we don't buy these for their remotes.
In despite of what I just wrote, I wouldn't say the general feeling is of great strength, especially considering their price (around 45 USD!).

More important, how do they sound.
Generally, I find them slightly on the dark side (especially compared to the e100), but still, the highs are not absent. Just a bit more recessed. Can be a partially compensated at an EQ level.
The bass is more present and deep than the Mrice e100's or HiFiMan es100's (normal fit), but not artificially pumped-up. I feel what they tried to do is an analytical earbud, but on the engaging side. I would not call it "fun"... absolutely different from my HiSoundAudio PAA-1, which to me sounds heavily equalized and sort of messy at the end.
What I immediately liked about the TVÅ is their soundstage. It is well extended horizontally, and has a satisfying depth too. Then the separation and definition is pretty good, what always gives a sense of good SQ.
At the end, without being "exciting", they made me want to re-listen to all my tracks again.

So, generally, I would definitely not put them is the stylish-but-awfully-sounding category.

Still, the real question is are they worth their price??
I have not had the chance to try any Blox earbud,VE, Dasetn -non-US international purchases not easy from India, where I work- and had to return the Yuin PK1 I had ordered because their left bud was silent (not much of a welding guy yet :/ ), so I couldn't compare with what you guys seem to be well aware of, but... - here comes the major drawback-

>> Since I read about turning the e100 90 degrees in the outer-ear - and did the same with my es100-, well, the soundstage of the TVÅ has been outclassed by both, their bass impact almost reached, and as I mentioned their treble was already more recessed, so... I simply stopped using them.
I feel sorry about admitting it, because I had really been pleasantly surprised by them right out of the box, and had decided to sell both e100 and es100, as well as PAA-1 and ATH-c505iS (of course), but now I'll be keeping the two first ones instead.

My feeling is then that if you guys should spend 45 USD to get them, you would surely find them not worth the price.
Still, they sound good in my opinion.

That's it, my first mini-review trial, hopefully not too vague and useless! :/

Aug 14, 2015 at 4:20 AM Post #1,386 of 75,329
Aug 14, 2015 at 6:14 AM Post #1,394 of 75,329
This?

Thx for link
smily_headphones1.gif

Yes, this :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back