Earbuds Round-Up
Nov 11, 2016 at 1:12 AM Post #13,816 of 75,879
Lol I missed 200 post of this thread :please

So it's first time in my life hearing about 11.11 sale.......is this bigger than black friday/cyber Monday ? And mainly for Asia countries ?

Any good deals under 50usd for vocal lover ?
2016 Original Boarseman MX98s
http://s.aliexpress.com/E7Bzye6n
http://s.aliexpress.com/6F7NRRVb

Nov 11, 2016 at 2:08 AM Post #13,818 of 75,879
  I haven't really given them as much time as they deserved. They're not bad, but since you have the Mojito I would probably skip them. They're all over a little less refined in my opinion, and somewhat lacking at the lower end in comparison (listening to them again now, they're better than what I remembered first time around). They do look the part though, and I really like that rubber cover that has a little lip on the inside angling the drivers towards your ear canal - wish I had something like that for the Mojito.

How are the mids and do you feel VX Pro are balanced or v-shaped?

Nov 11, 2016 at 2:24 AM Post #13,821 of 75,879
How does this compare to rx-1 ?

MUCH more aggressive! one of the most aggressive sounding buds i know. excellent for rock/metal.... more forward mids than rx-1, or most buds. light bass, can be a little rough sounding compared to rx1, most one of the most energetic buds.

I tried to buy Yinman HiFi (音曼) 醇净2.0 500ohm but bought their 150ohm instead...!

Nov 11, 2016 at 2:41 AM Post #13,822 of 75,879

No, not sure I want to pay that much for those earbuds yet.

Well, how about you buy my pair of QFred for $200 including registered shipping (that would be about $20). Then I'll buy a new pair of QFred. I'll lose some money in the process, but it would be cool if some more opinions on QFred could be heard.

You might not like it, but seeing that you put Sennheiser MX985 and Blox TM7 at the top of your list we might have some preference for sound signature in common.

QFred is different sounding than MX985 and TM7, but to my ears it's definitely on the same level. Too bad that the high price and lack of feedback keeps people from trying it out...

(The offer above is ONLY for ClieOS)

Nov 11, 2016 at 2:57 AM Post #13,824 of 75,879
Haha! I was going to ask Herry about group purchase but forgot. Will try to remember to do that. He's quite nice and does not mind to chat.

Let's see but I guess Herry would rather like to keep the prices at luxury product level. My personal psychological price barrier for earbuds is set at around $150 (delivered). And I have crossed this boarder only once, after fighting with myself for few months and that was with Mojito. In fact, later I regretted it but maybe that's only because Mojito didn't really appeal to my personal tastes.

Nov 11, 2016 at 3:07 AM Post #13,825 of 75,879
  Let's see but I guess Herry would rather like to keep the prices at luxury product level. My personal psychological price barrier for earbuds is set at around $150 (delivered). And I have crossed this boarder only once, after fighting with myself for few months and that was with Mojito. In fact, later I regretted it but maybe that's only because Mojito didn't really appeal to my personal tastes.

Well, my barrier used to be around $100. It was completely crushed when I got into vintage earbuds.

I wasn't overly thrilled with Celsus Gramo One ($249). It is technically great and very transparent and natural. It just didn't work for me. Same with VE Zen 2. I would have kept Mojito since it worked great with metal, but to my ears QFred obliterated it when it comes to timbre and even soundstage (much more narrow on QFred but better depth and tallness).
I think Blox TM7 was the first $100+ earbud that was not vintage that I bought. Have not regretted it one second. With QFred I only felt a second of remorse after I just had taken it out of the box and listened to metal. Wrong music genre for QFred and it was before burn in...

Nov 11, 2016 at 3:24 AM Post #13,828 of 75,879
Tomahawks for 27 usd. ....should i buy ?:O

i would go for it.. but caution as its bass can be a bit overwhelming... 
last time i got it my batch got some hiss issue on left side due to the 'coca cola' stick near the phone but once u twist to tighten it problem solved n vanished..

Nov 11, 2016 at 3:51 AM Post #13,829 of 75,879

Haha! I was going to ask Herry about group purchase but forgot. Will try to remember to do that. He's quite nice and does not mind to chat.

Yes, same here. $150 is a good ball park :) He will get many customers if he changes the price !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back