Earbuds Round-Up
Nov 1, 2016 at 9:32 AM Post #13,261 of 75,289

Bass is very realistic but could sound very close. 
Treble is so nice on this Guzheng performance, I feel there is nothing amiss here. 

Soundstage is opener than er4s from the same source. 
Vocals are quite true. 
Could sound bright from time to time. 
I tried donut rings but they significantly reduce clarity, so I just wear them naked. 

I almost bought a Guzheng last week.......
Anyway, to stay on topic, how you compare the **** to your others?
Really glad I got one at $8... might need a non-IEM style cable for it though
wink.gif

Nov 1, 2016 at 9:53 AM Post #13,262 of 75,289
where can we buy the Shozy BK aside from taobao? Been trying to search via AE but inexistent. Someone please help. Thanks.

Nov 1, 2016 at 9:53 AM Post #13,263 of 75,289

Anyway, to stay on topic, how you compare the **** to your others?
Really glad I got one at $8... might need a non-IEM style cable for it though
wink.gif

I now have a 1st gen Monk lying around somewhere, I don't have to pick them up to say this: there is no contest. 
Sony E252 is a unique earbud, wonderful atmosphere, it took a different approach to music from modern earbuds. But I have to say I stand by my time... 
Bug guy's new 400ohm, I never liked them, they haven't accumulated 10 hour usage since I bought them 2-3 months ago. They gave me this springy kind of feeling. 

ER4s, though not an earbud, but they are my daily earphone. ER4s still do a lot of things slightly better, and much more natural, would continue to be my reference until I buy er4sr, but PT15 is much more large-scale sound. I prefer them strongly for classical music. 

Nov 1, 2016 at 9:57 AM Post #13,264 of 75,289
  I now have a 1st gen Monk lying around somewhere, I don't have to pick them up to say this: there is no contest. 
Sony E252 is a unique earbud, wonderful atmosphere, it took a different approach to music from modern earbuds. But I have to say I stand by my time... 
Bug guy's new 400ohm, I never liked them, they haven't accumulated 10 hour usage since I bought them 2-3 months ago. They gave me this springy kind of feeling. 

ER4s, though not an earbud, but they are my daily earphone. ER4s still do a lot of things slightly better, and much more natural, would continue to be my reference until I buy er4sr, but PT15 is much more large-scale sound. I prefer them strongly for classical music. 

If you like the Ety sound try a HP650. I'll take all the blame if it doesn't replace the ER4 for you.

Nov 1, 2016 at 9:58 AM Post #13,265 of 75,289
where can we buy the Shozy BK aside from taobao? Been trying to search via AE but inexistent. Someone please help. Thanks.

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.16.Q8BaAf&id=537751451188&ns=1&abbucket=9#detail

Nov 1, 2016 at 10:01 AM Post #13,266 of 75,289

E252 can easily stand up to more modern earbuds. There is less heavy bass, but other than that it's really really good. There is a reason I rank it as no 2 on my earbud top 10 (it might be knocked down by Aiwa V99 and Cypherus QFred once I have decided where to include them in the list).

People are paying ridiculous prices for Sony MDR-E282 & E484 when E252 is the best of the vintage Sonys!

http://www.sony.co.jp/Fun/design/history/product/1980/mdr-e252.html

Nov 1, 2016 at 10:02 AM Post #13,267 of 75,289

If you like the Ety sound try a HP650. I'll take all the blame if it doesn't replace the ER4 for you.

I am enjoying PT15 for now, will definitely consider them next time I want new earbuds. 
beerchug.gif

Nov 1, 2016 at 10:06 AM Post #13,268 of 75,289

E252 can easily stand up to more modern earbuds. There is less heavy bass, but other than that it's really really good. There is a reason I rank it as no 2 on my earbud top 10 (it might be knocked down by Aiwa V99 and Cypherus QFred once I have decided where to include them in the list).

People are paying ridiculous prices for Sony MDR-E282 & E484 when E252 is the best of the vintage Sonys!

http://www.sony.co.jp/Fun/design/history/product/1980/mdr-e252.html

When I say I stand by my time, I mean I prefer PT15 for my taste. 
On the other hand, E252 really is distinctive among everything I have owned. 

Nov 1, 2016 at 10:08 AM Post #13,269 of 75,289

Oh damn, that might have triggered me....the PT-15 good for Classical Music?! 

Do I really need it? Do I?!

Please, the gods of audio, let me have the strength to resist.

Nov 1, 2016 at 10:09 AM Post #13,270 of 75,289
  When I say I stand by my time, I mean I prefer PT15 for my taste. 
On the other hand, E252 really is distinctive among everything I have owned. 

Nice! Hopefully I'll like the PT15 as well. I couldn't keep myself from ordering a pair about 2 weeks ago and it was shipped a few days ago.

Anyway, I personally find it strange that E282 and E484 are so sought after when there are other vintage Sony earbuds that are better.

At least the PT15 are cheap. Well, compared to QFred, that is...

Nov 1, 2016 at 10:13 AM Post #13,271 of 75,289

I paid 178 RMB for them with silver cable, a lot of people here paid 5 USD without cable, for that price, or for 10 times that price I daresay, to resist them is wrong, unjust, gods-of-audio-forbidden... 

Nov 1, 2016 at 10:19 AM Post #13,274 of 75,289

Nice! Hopefully I'll like the PT15 as well. I couldn't keep myself from ordering a pair about 2 weeks ago and it was shipped a few days ago.

Anyway, I personally find it strange that E282 and E484 are so sought after when there are other vintage Sony earbuds that are better.

I don't know about the international market, but in China, there are some articles hyping E282 and E484, claiming them to be king of kings, and often in words like "improvement upon E252"

I wouldn't be surprised if those articles are produced by vintage audio gear sellers. 

Nov 1, 2016 at 10:21 AM Post #13,275 of 75,289

At least the PT15 are cheap. Well, compared to QFred, that is...

That is very true.....very true. $200 QFred.......

Edit: For you
https://s.2.taobao.com/list/list.htm?spm=2007.1000337.0.0.94CZln&st_trust=1&page=1&usernick=sunya_20091&ist=0

I paid 178 RMB for them with silver cable, a lot of people here paid 5 USD without cable, for that price, or for 10 times that price I daresay, to resist them is wrong, unjust, gods-of-audio-forbidden... 

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.19.EX2ryM&id=540237505220&ns=1&abbucket=13#detail

Is this the store you bought the PT-15 from? Wonder If I could Wang Wang the seller and tell him that I do not need cables.
Can you kindly take a picture of the original cable for me to have a look? Is it the "springy" type like the monk? Or soft like seahf 400?
Kinda spoiled by the cable of the Cygnus....

Resistance is futile... you are doomed,sir!
smily_headphones1.gif

P.S. I'm waiting for my pair if PT15
smily_headphones1.gif

Man Oh Man.....Man oh Man.......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back