Earbuds Round-Up
Jun 27, 2015 at 12:36 AM Post #1,174 of 75,321
  Thanks @BloodyPenguin and @rymd

... I know I'm maybe asking for too much, but are there any earbuds then on the market with Awei bass and more extended highs than H180?

Maybe, but I don't know of any. I have not heard the Monk (though looking forward) and don't know how it's supposed to sound. If it's going to be like the Asura/Zen, then maybe. My beta Asura sure has Awei level bass, but in much higher quality. The highs may not be as extended as you like though.

The closest thing I can think of is the E100, which has bass as extended as the Awei, but without the emphasis or boom. A bit less quantity than the H180 also, but not at all bass light. And its highs are fairly extended, also more detailed than the H180's. 

Jun 27, 2015 at 1:56 PM Post #1,175 of 75,321
  Maybe, but I don't know of any. I have not heard the Monk (though looking forward) and don't know how it's supposed to sound. If it's going to be like the Asura/Zen, then maybe. My beta Asura sure has Awei level bass, but in much higher quality. The highs may not be as extended as you like though.

The closest thing I can think of is the E100, which has bass as extended as the Awei, but without the emphasis or boom. A bit less quantity than the H180 also, but not at all bass light. And its highs are fairly extended, also more detailed than the H180's. 

Thanks for your detailed reply.

I think I'll have fitting problems with E100, so I'll wait for Monk and see what it can deliver. I'm also interested in Ostry KC8 that should be released soon, they look really nice, but I dont have any clue about their sound signature.

Jun 27, 2015 at 6:26 PM Post #1,176 of 75,321

Retail asura is tuned differently iirc

Jun 27, 2015 at 10:22 PM Post #1,177 of 75,321

Thanks for your detailed reply.

I think I'll have fitting problems with E100, so I'll wait for Monk and see what it can deliver. I'm also interested in Ostry KC8 that should be released soon, they look really nice, but I dont have any clue about their sound signature.

Me too. I really like the kc06/kc06a iems, so I have high hopes for the kc08 earbud.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back