Earbuds Round-Up
Aug 23, 2016 at 12:01 AM Post #8,866 of 75,467

I used the word "question". Questioning is not criticizing in my book. There was nothing negative on my post towards ClieOS. I am just questioning why he rated them so high. Nothing wrong with questioning... They are right below Mojito's. I am very intrigued by Mojito. I do not mind paying 20 bucks to try RX-1... Paying considerably more for Rose and not finding them to be superior to Cygnus would be very disappointing to me... So I need to understand how RX-1 got better review than Cygnus. I hope I made myself clear. There is absolutely no bad intention on my part towards anyone or anyones opinion here.

Mojito are no doubt better than Cygnus, but they are different sound signatures. Mojito is analytical/cold/digital sounding while Cygnus is mid-centric/analog sounding. Both are great buds that I will never sell.

Aug 23, 2016 at 2:12 AM Post #8,867 of 75,467
I'm still using my RX-1. Although I don't have a Cygnus, everyone that I loaned RX-1 saying that it had a special "air". not airy highs. Just air wave From big speaker like in live gig. I guess that must be special. Not hype for me IMHO

Aug 23, 2016 at 2:24 AM Post #8,868 of 75,467
The cygnus out of my Iphone 6 is just great, the tonality is very smooth and detailed. It is suitable for a wide range of genres, I prefer using full foam on them for the fit and more sub bass which is great for trances and hip-hop.

Aug 23, 2016 at 2:33 AM Post #8,870 of 75,467
  Cygnus is probably the best all-rounder in my opinion

In its price range, I have to agree. In the lower price range, Monk Plus or death IMO. There's a reason I buy them in every color they come out with...

Speaking of which. My OG monks and all non-MD Red monk+'s weigh the same amount. But.... the the MD red ones weigh just a bit less.

Aug 23, 2016 at 2:42 AM Post #8,871 of 75,467

In its price range, I have to agree. In the lower price range, Monk Plus or death IMO. There's a reason I buy them in every color they come out with...

Speaking of which. My OG monks and all non-MD Red monk+'s weigh the same amount. But.... the the MD red ones weigh just a bit less.

If the Sennheiser HD600's offer the best price to quality ratio, in the earbud world the same thing would be the Monks.

Aug 23, 2016 at 2:50 AM Post #8,872 of 75,467

If the Sennheiser HD600's offer the best price to quality ratio, in the earbud world the same thing would be the Monks.

Monk+ IMHO not the Monk

Aug 23, 2016 at 2:57 AM Post #8,874 of 75,467

You should try a pair of $5 TY Hi-Z HP-32!

Aug 23, 2016 at 3:01 AM Post #8,876 of 75,467

You should try a pair of $5 TY Hi-Z HP-32!

I notice you collect DAP's. Is that really a worthy pursuit? DAP's can get quite expensive. Wouldnt it make more sense to collect amps/headphones?

Aug 23, 2016 at 3:09 AM Post #8,877 of 75,467
  I notice you collect DAP's. Is that really a worthy pursuit? DAP's can get quite expensive. Wouldnt it make more sense to collect amps/headphones?

Depends on your purposes, needs, and desires.

I can find a DAP works better than most other setups for me when I'm not doing stuff that requires power. A lot of DAPs have ways of making lossy MP3s sound much better than they should, and certainly much better than on analytical DACs. which is what most USB ones seem to strive for.

If I need serious bass force then I will get an amp in the mix, but again, sometimes from a DAP.

Most listening still happens with a USB DAC with a linear regulted power supply..

Aug 23, 2016 at 3:28 AM Post #8,879 of 75,467
  Rose Mojito - great sound, low quality build for about 200 USD. Cannot push the plug to the end into left earbud. It is unsecured and prone to breakage left like this.

The L marking on left sid eis not visible like the R marking, please check if you have put the L marking inwards.

Aug 23, 2016 at 3:28 AM Post #8,880 of 75,467
  Rose Mojito - great sound, low quality build for about 200 USD. Cannot push the plug to the end into left earbud. It is unsecured and prone to breakage left like this.

same for me. cant push the plug fully. also be careful not to touch the "rose" wording or it may get smudged off as it did for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back