Earbuds Round-Up
Aug 22, 2023 at 12:06 PM Post #71,311 of 75,860
Newbsound has released a limited edition model again - Rocket. 150 ohm PET DD. Get it while it lasts. 8 pieces only.

Aug 22, 2023 at 1:05 PM Post #71,312 of 75,860
Newbsound has released a limited edition model again - Rocket. 150 ohm PET DD. Get it while it lasts. 8 pieces only.
Any link ?

Aug 22, 2023 at 2:02 PM Post #71,316 of 75,860
este es mi primer mensaje, bueno el segundo, y estoy un poco tímido. mis ganas de tener un buen equipo de audio son desde siempre pero por muchas razones ahora solo dispongo de un Cmoy de construcción propia y unos senheisser px100ii que con un cambio de cables perdió toda su magia.

me atrae mucho los auriculares de botón por muchas razones. la primera es el sabroso recuerdo de unos Aiwa que tuve de adolescente(ahora 48 años) que fueron los que me metieron es esto de están atento a como de limpia es la música. la segunda razón es la económica, bueno ya saben.

ahorrando unas monedas, ya dispongo de unos 75 euros. después de mucho leer aquí y allá, sin llegar a tener nada claro, creo que un buen punto de partida es el Megatron de venture electronic para partir de una base economica pero funcional y así probar los conocidos monk plus

unos cables de RY earphone store en 4.4 m.m y MMCX para poder usarlos en el px100ii después de modificarlos, mas unos ry4s de 300 ohms o unos lpc de 80 ohms

mis preferencias musicales son muchas. rock, reggae, clásica, pop, jazz, electrónica. y dentro de cada una pues de todo( no soporto las rancheras, lo siento)
el sonido me gusta, mmm, creo que equilibrado con algo de tendencia en v y mas hacia los agudos, pero solo es una creencia. mejor algo equilibrado divertido y a partir de ahí empezar a comprar espumas, controladores y carcasas para empezar a romper drivers

si esta consulta no está en el lugar adecuado, lo siento.
muchas gracias por leerme y siento usar traductor, no controlo tanto el ingles

------------------------------------------------------------

This is my first post, well my second, and I'm a little shy. My desire to have a good audio system has always been there, but for many reasons now I only have a Cmoy of my own construction and some Senheisser PX100II that with a change of cables lost all its magic. I am very attracted to earbuds for many reasons. The first is the tasty memory of some Aiwa that I had as a teenager (now 48 years old) who were the ones who got me into this thing, they are attentive to how clean the music is. the second reason is economic, well you know. Saving some coins, I already have about 75 euros. after a lot of reading here and there, without getting anything clear, I think that a good starting point is the Megatron from venture electronic to start from an economical but functional base and thus try the well-known monk plus cables from RY earphone store in 4.4 m.m and MMCX to be able to use them in the px100ii after modifying them, plus some 300 ohm ry4s or some 80 ohm lpc my musical preferences are many. rock, reggae, classical, pop, jazz, electronic. And within each one, well, everything (I can't stand rancheras, I'm sorry) I like the sound, mmm, I think it's balanced with some v-tendency and more towards the treble, but it's just a belief. better something balanced fun and from there start buying foams, controllers and cases to start breaking drivers if this query is not in the right place, sorry. Thank you very much for reading me and I'm sorry to use a translator, I don't control English so much

Aug 22, 2023 at 8:17 PM Post #71,317 of 75,860
Everyone and their mom ordering FF1. Except no one noticed cable hole/2pin head is oval shaped. So you cant use standard 0.78mm cables 🤡🤡🤡. Or if you can stuck them in it will look terrible.
We noticed and bought it anyway. FiiO is planning to come out with a balanced cable soon. FiiO is going the way of Apple, make your stuff and make everyone else adapt to your cables. Just joking about that. Who knows, maybe FiiO's connector design will become an industry standard... or not.

Aug 22, 2023 at 8:48 PM Post #71,318 of 75,860
Found this product listing on AE. Maybe the seller is trying to capitalize on FiiO's name or these buds are a dig on FiiO. I'm not sure either way, but I would stay far away from these fake FiiO buds.

Fake FiiO earbuds 00.jpg

Description

• Model:Screw
• Input Impedance: 60Ω
• Frequency Response : 20Hz-16kHz
• Sensitivity:≥100dB SPL/MW
• Distortion Rate:≤0.05%(1kHz)
• Drive Unit: 15.4mmDynamic Driver
• Cable Length: 130mm

TAKE A LOOK AT THIS:hamanaifeier Plastic In-ear bluetooth L Bending Yes other No no yes Dynamic up to 32 Ω No Earphones & Headphones Yes 3.5mm
PRODUCT PROPERTY:✨ 1: Hamanaifeier offer amazing our product.Our product is made from material plastic.The category of our product is earphones & headphones.The connectors is 3.5mm.Our product has styles of in-ear.The wireless type of our product is bluetooth.The plug type of our product is l bending.Our product is made in cn(origin).
✨ 2: The communication of our product is wired.The impedance range of our product is up to 32 ω.The function of our product is monitor headphone.The vocalism principle is dynamic.

REASONS TO BUY:✨ Headsets: earphones with high quality, durable and ergonomically designed to provide the best sound experience for your ears.
✨ Earphone with flat plug: replace your old or damaged earphone with a flat plug that can be replaced by a new one. earphones with a flat plug will work great for listening to music, movies, music, and more.
✨ Super bass in ear: super bass in the ears allows you to listen to your favorite music and movies without worrying about interrupted sound.
✨ Leakproof: the screw dynamic driver earphone is equipped with a leak-proof design, which can effectively prevent dust and water from entering your headphones.
✨ Easy install: just screw the earphone into your earbuds, and then tighten the screws. no tools required.
✨ High speed: high-quality earbuds, low noise, high speed, smooth sound, no distortion, and more comfortable to use.

RELATED INFO:✨ Super bass ear: super bass is used to listen to music and to bring a crisp sound experience to your music. built-in stereo microphone provides high quality sound for listening to music,audio,video,and more.
✨ Flat head plug: the flat headphone is compatible with most earphones and can be easily installed on your headphones without taking up too much space.

Specifications

Material: Metal,Plastic
Voice assistant built-in: no
NFC Technology: no
Sound Isolating: YES
Category: Earphones & Headphones
Earcups Type: Semi-open
Number Of Drivers: 2
Magnet Type: Other
Driver Diameter: 15.4mm
Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.05%
Impedance Range: up to 32 Ω
Bluetooth Version: Other
Package List: Carrying Bag
With Microphone: No
Is wireless: No
Support APP: No
Support Memory Card: No
Waterproof: No
Resistance: 32Ω
Line Length: 1.2m
Frequency Response Range: 20 - 20000Hz
Sensitivity: 100dB
Plug Type: Line Type
Function: Monitor Headphone,HiFi Headphone
Active Noise-Cancellation: No
Volume Control: No
Control Button: No
Vocalism Principle: Dynamic
Wireless Type: None
Connectors: 3.5mm
Communication: WIRED
Style: In-ear
Origin: Mainland China
Brand: Name BGVP

Aug 22, 2023 at 9:32 PM Post #71,319 of 75,860
Venture Electronics // A P W S Asura Pure White Shining

IMG_8505.jpeg

Been giving some Love to these buds today and not disappointed! ❤️

Aug 22, 2023 at 9:48 PM Post #71,320 of 75,860
Found this product listing on AE. Maybe the seller is trying to capitalize on FiiO's name or these buds are a dig on FiiO. I'm not sure either way, but I would stay far away from these fake FiiO buds.

Fake FiiO earbuds 00.jpg

Description

• Model:Screw
• Input Impedance: 60Ω
• Frequency Response : 20Hz-16kHz
• Sensitivity:≥100dB SPL/MW
• Distortion Rate:≤0.05%(1kHz)
• Drive Unit: 15.4mmDynamic Driver
• Cable Length: 130mm

TAKE A LOOK AT THIS:hamanaifeier Plastic In-ear bluetooth L Bending Yes other No no yes Dynamic up to 32 Ω No Earphones & Headphones Yes 3.5mm
PRODUCT PROPERTY:✨ 1: Hamanaifeier offer amazing our product.Our product is made from material plastic.The category of our product is earphones & headphones.The connectors is 3.5mm.Our product has styles of in-ear.The wireless type of our product is bluetooth.The plug type of our product is l bending.Our product is made in cn(origin).
✨ 2: The communication of our product is wired.The impedance range of our product is up to 32 ω.The function of our product is monitor headphone.The vocalism principle is dynamic.

REASONS TO BUY:✨ Headsets: earphones with high quality, durable and ergonomically designed to provide the best sound experience for your ears.
✨ Earphone with flat plug: replace your old or damaged earphone with a flat plug that can be replaced by a new one. earphones with a flat plug will work great for listening to music, movies, music, and more.
✨ Super bass in ear: super bass in the ears allows you to listen to your favorite music and movies without worrying about interrupted sound.
✨ Leakproof: the screw dynamic driver earphone is equipped with a leak-proof design, which can effectively prevent dust and water from entering your headphones.
✨ Easy install: just screw the earphone into your earbuds, and then tighten the screws. no tools required.
✨ High speed: high-quality earbuds, low noise, high speed, smooth sound, no distortion, and more comfortable to use.

RELATED INFO:✨ Super bass ear: super bass is used to listen to music and to bring a crisp sound experience to your music. built-in stereo microphone provides high quality sound for listening to music,audio,video,and more.
✨ Flat head plug: the flat headphone is compatible with most earphones and can be easily installed on your headphones without taking up too much space.

Specifications

Material: Metal,Plastic
Voice assistant built-in: no
NFC Technology: no
Sound Isolating: YES
Category: Earphones & Headphones
Earcups Type: Semi-open
Number Of Drivers: 2
Magnet Type: Other
Driver Diameter: 15.4mm
Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.05%
Impedance Range: up to 32 Ω
Bluetooth Version: Other
Package List: Carrying Bag
With Microphone: No
Is wireless: No
Support APP: No
Support Memory Card: No
Waterproof: No
Resistance: 32Ω
Line Length: 1.2m
Frequency Response Range: 20 - 20000Hz
Sensitivity: 100dB
Plug Type: Line Type
Function: Monitor Headphone,HiFi Headphone
Active Noise-Cancellation: No
Volume Control: No
Control Button: No
Vocalism Principle: Dynamic
Wireless Type: None
Connectors: 3.5mm
Communication: WIRED
Style: In-ear
Origin: Mainland China
Brand: Name BGVP
Nice looking bud though, lol.
There are a lot of fakes out there. Buyers beware!

Aug 22, 2023 at 10:27 PM Post #71,321 of 75,860
Everyone and their mom ordering FF1. Except no one noticed cable hole/2pin head is oval shaped. So you cant use standard 0.78mm cables 🤡🤡🤡. Or if you can stuck them in it will look terrible.

Well we can always modify Cable connectors/adapters for the fit. Now you mentioned it. Stem do seem rather thin in person.(see arrow). Another method would be cut/trim the stem to the level of 2pin surface. Obviously we don't have to! I don't see people complaining about other buds with fixed cables. I'm just glad the option is out there.

Screenshot_20230822-215438~2.png

(Haven't gotten mine, this is a picture jot down from 'f * * * g' JD.com)

Also I want everyone to keep the expectation down. Based on early reactions, average consumers think they're decent, worth the price. Another 'HIFI enthusiast' said they're typical pop tuning, not a giant killer, sit where they're in the price bracket. Guess We'll see.

There's also a USB-C dongle included in the packaging. Probably THE most basic Fiio audio 'gear' ever. I wonder how it compares to Apple USB-C dongle.

Last edited:
Aug 22, 2023 at 10:55 PM Post #71,322 of 75,860
Well we can always modify Cable connectors/adapters for the fit. Now you mentioned it. Stem do seem rather thin in person.(see arrow). Another method would be cut/trim the stem to the level of 2pin surface. Obviously we don't have to! I don't see people complaining about other buds with fixed cables. I'm just glad the option is out there.

Screenshot_20230822-215438~2.png

(Haven't gotten mine, this is a picture jot down from 'f * * * g' JD.com)

Also I want everyone to keep the expectation down. Based on early reactions, average consumers think they're decent, worth the price. Another 'HIFI enthusiast' said they're typical pop tuning, not a giant killer, sit where they're in the price bracket. Guess We'll see.

There's also a USB-C dongle included in the packaging. Probably THE most basic Fiio audio 'gear' ever. I wonder how it compares to Apple USB-C dongle.
From previous FiiO news their plan was to create a bud for everyday on the go use and be inexpensive enough to have a set at different locations like at home, the office or even your gym bag. Of couse there will be comparisons to their higher cost FF3 and FF5, but these are really replacements for their affordable (discontinued) EM3 earbuds. We'll have to wait for comparisons of the FF1 vs EM3, FF1 vs Yincrow X6 and against other affordable good sounding buds.

Aug 23, 2023 at 12:50 AM Post #71,323 of 75,860
este es mi primer mensaje, bueno el segundo, y estoy un poco tímido. mis ganas de tener un buen equipo de audio son desde siempre pero por muchas razones ahora solo dispongo de un Cmoy de construcción propia y unos senheisser px100ii que con un cambio de cables perdió toda su magia.

me atrae mucho los auriculares de botón por muchas razones. la primera es el sabroso recuerdo de unos Aiwa que tuve de adolescente(ahora 48 años) que fueron los que me metieron es esto de están atento a como de limpia es la música. la segunda razón es la económica, bueno ya saben.

ahorrando unas monedas, ya dispongo de unos 75 euros. después de mucho leer aquí y allá, sin llegar a tener nada claro, creo que un buen punto de partida es el Megatron de venture electronic para partir de una base economica pero funcional y así probar los conocidos monk plus

unos cables de RY earphone store en 4.4 m.m y MMCX para poder usarlos en el px100ii después de modificarlos, mas unos ry4s de 300 ohms o unos lpc de 80 ohms

mis preferencias musicales son muchas. rock, reggae, clásica, pop, jazz, electrónica. y dentro de cada una pues de todo( no soporto las rancheras, lo siento)
el sonido me gusta, mmm, creo que equilibrado con algo de tendencia en v y mas hacia los agudos, pero solo es una creencia. mejor algo equilibrado divertido y a partir de ahí empezar a comprar espumas, controladores y carcasas para empezar a romper drivers

si esta consulta no está en el lugar adecuado, lo siento.
muchas gracias por leerme y siento usar traductor, no controlo tanto el ingles

------------------------------------------------------------

This is my first post, well my second, and I'm a little shy. My desire to have a good audio system has always been there, but for many reasons now I only have a Cmoy of my own construction and some Senheisser PX100II that with a change of cables lost all its magic. I am very attracted to earbuds for many reasons. The first is the tasty memory of some Aiwa that I had as a teenager (now 48 years old) who were the ones who got me into this thing, they are attentive to how clean the music is. the second reason is economic, well you know. Saving some coins, I already have about 75 euros. after a lot of reading here and there, without getting anything clear, I think that a good starting point is the Megatron from venture electronic to start from an economical but functional base and thus try the well-known monk plus cables from RY earphone store in 4.4 m.m and MMCX to be able to use them in the px100ii after modifying them, plus some 300 ohm ry4s or some 80 ohm lpc my musical preferences are many. rock, reggae, classical, pop, jazz, electronic. And within each one, well, everything (I can't stand rancheras, I'm sorry) I like the sound, mmm, I think it's balanced with some v-tendency and more towards the treble, but it's just a belief. better something balanced fun and from there start buying foams, controllers and cases to start breaking drivers if this query is not in the right place, sorry. Thank you very much for reading me and I'm sorry to use a translator, I don't control English so much
I love hearing stories like this!

I think there are many good flathead earbuds that don't ask for much power at all, but it also sounds like you're eager to get a whole set of gear, so I hope you can get some other opinions on that. I've also started an earbud journey only just this year and find my earbuds giving me hugely satisfying sound off of small, cheap usb DACs.

Baskingshark had some experience with Ry4s 300 ohm (from years ago) and it sounds like it should fit your tastes, but will need a powerful source like the Megatron.

As for personal experience, the Yincrow X6 should fit your tuning preference, and although it is not quite my tuning preference, it's also often highly recommended. Available from a couple sellers on AliExpress. Easy to drive at 32 ohms, but only available in a non replaceable cable version with 3.5 mm termination.

Aug 23, 2023 at 4:23 AM Post #71,324 of 75,860
Haha sensitive question: "How far down the earbuds rabbithole have you gone? Are you beyond saving?"

7wn3h9.jpg

I've been mostly an IEM guy for many years (mostly for stage monitoring usage), and always looked down on earbuds as a cheap thing bundled free with phones. But after being introduced some years back to my first earbud (the Vido), I've bought 30+ earbuds since then hahaha. Let's not ask boss @WoodyLuvr on how extensive is his collection, I think it might blow our minds away.

Earbuds beat most IEMs in soundstage, and are arguably cheaper too, in their respective price brackets. In fact, I sold away most of my headphones as the flatheads give similar performance as some open backed cans, but without the heat of earpads or the clamping force.

However, it seems earbuds are generally still not as mainstream as traditional headphones and IEMs, but that's good, we shall keep flatheads as our little secret.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back