Earbuds Round-Up
Apr 23, 2023 at 6:11 AM Post #69,392 of 75,861
No, it looks like you could be right and I am the one mistaken, though the heading doesn't say 2.0... Do let us know?! I am curious to know the answer to this question. You might take a look at @ WoodyLuvr's timeline sheet because I think that these 150ohm Yinmans have been out for some time now (not the newer version), but I could be mistaken about this also.

Edit: Having said that, asking them is going to be (really) the only way to know, because if you look at the pictures, they are all over the place. Some are long stemmed, some short. Some have removeable cables, some are fixed. SHEESH! lol
Very 'Aliexpress seller' reply 🤯🤯🤯 haha

Attachments

• IMG_4070.jpeg
    IMG_4070.jpeg
    436.1 KB · Views: 0
Apr 23, 2023 at 6:32 AM Post #69,393 of 75,861
You should be able to properly drive these with something that is capable of 1W @32ohms; assuming that the amp is linear in its power output. So just make sure you have roughly 80mW and 11.5mA @600ohms (though to cover voltage swing, I would normally double that number to 160mW).

Having said that, these still sound very good straight from a phone (though certainly not their best).
Thanks for the tip! I don’t have anything at the moment with this figures but we’ll get there - no doubt about that.

Apr 23, 2023 at 7:27 AM Post #69,394 of 75,861
I use emx500 driver, the sound focus on treble (without foam) but if want some bass, u need use big pore foam. Because standar pore will block the airflow

The material i use is standar resin. Because this shell still prototype.. maybe next time i will make with "tough resin"

The design has 9 hole with 1 mm diameter near the driver. So if i use foam it will block all the vent. Maybe next time i will make bigger vent so if i want use foam, it will not block the air flow.

Heres how the fitting looks like on my ear

Vs mx500 shell

Vs Valsuki val39 shell (with some little modify the shell)
Pls play with tuning ( whiteTF and HS ) because that driver is very good

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2023 at 11:45 AM Post #69,397 of 75,861
Wow, what a unique shell shape! Is there any practical reason for the fluted stem and such or is it just for looks (it does look pretty cool)? Also, how has working with that 13mm bio driver been? It's a smaller size that most of the drivers I have seen used in DIY buds so I'm just wondering if you've found any pros and cons compared to the more mainstream larger sizes.
None at all, it's just an exaggeration/abstracting of the wider stem ends on the old Sony models like the e565. I think if I'm making a device for myself, it would be a waste to make them low-profile so I like to make them a bit more goofy and noticeable.

As for the driver I haven't tried to use it yet but I'm working with a few assumptions, namely that the biodynamic driver on the e888 is the reason for its odd shape, with a very flat shell and exceptionally large rear vent covered by a grill. Couple that with how much venting a biodyna needs even on a closed back full size headphone, and I'm getting the sense that this driver type needs a lot of airflow to be tolerable. On my design the front grill is a series of thin aerofoil-shaped bars to minimize anything in the way of the driver, and there's lots of vents at the back(although it's certainly not fully open back, each of those holes is only 1mm in diameter).

Apr 23, 2023 at 12:02 PM Post #69,398 of 75,861
Listen to a few songs with the yinman 150 (new Version?). Sound is more balanced in comparison to the 600. Bass is also very good for an earbud, but not as strong and dominant as on the 600.
But it need amping, otherwise the 150 sound dull. Where the 600 sounds even good underpowered
Thanks so much. May have to pick some up myself now.

Apr 23, 2023 at 1:21 PM Post #69,399 of 75,861
Thanks for the tip! I don’t have anything at the moment with this figures but we’ll get there - no doubt about that.

Your K7 (IIRC) will do a pretty darn good job, IMO.

Apr 23, 2023 at 1:56 PM Post #69,400 of 75,861
None at all, it's just an exaggeration/abstracting of the wider stem ends...

Cool! I thought that's what it looked like, as I didn't see any openings for tubes or vents in the stem, but I figured I'd ask to be sure. I think going to a unique design that doesn't follow the standard looks and patterns makes perfect sense when you're making your own custom shells. I mean, why not just buy the premade shells if you're not going to be doing anything different with the shells anyways, right? I think you definitely pulled off your mission in the unique looks department. 😉😎

Apr 23, 2023 at 11:41 PM Post #69,401 of 75,861
Been busy, away from home... Just checked AE and the K's DB1 I ordered finally arrived at my local post office. Unfortunately I won't be able to give them a listen until the end of the month when I get back home. I hope they are as good sounding as they are advertised to be.

Apr 24, 2023 at 12:21 AM Post #69,403 of 75,861
The Cat Ear Audio Mimi Pro has arrived.
The bass is effective and the sound stage is wide.
Good, I recommend this.
https://aliexpress.com/item/1005004986642657.html

In the description for these buds they mention how you can't help but call out "Mimi" when you see a cat walk by. I've always assumed that must be a cultural reference from the manufacturers home country/area because I have never heard that before. Does anyone what culture(s) call out Mimi to cats? Random question, but inquiring minds want to know.

BTW, how would you describe the overall tuning on the Mimi Pros?

Apr 24, 2023 at 1:35 AM Post #69,404 of 75,861
I use emx500 driver, the sound focus on treble (without foam) but if want some bass, u need use big pore foam. Because standar pore will block the airflow
P_20230422_183944.jpg

The material i use is standar resin. Because this shell still prototype.. maybe next time i will make with "tough resin"

The design has 9 hole with 1 mm diameter near the driver. So if i use foam it will block all the vent. Maybe next time i will make bigger vent so if i want use foam, it will not block the air flow.

FB_IMG_1682174091651.jpg

Heres how the fitting looks like on my ear
FB_IMG_1682174182880.jpg
Something I find interesting is the possibility to do custom sizing and shape to fit your ear. 3D scan of the ear is already available for custom IEMs. The idea is to create an earbud shell that matches your ear (without extending into the ear canal as for an IEM).
https://www.google.com/search?q=ear+scan+earphone+fitting

Apr 24, 2023 at 1:54 AM Post #69,405 of 75,861
In the description for these buds they mention how you can't help but call out "Mimi" when you see a cat walk by. I've always assumed that must be a cultural reference from the manufacturers home country/area because I have never heard that before. Does anyone what culture(s) call out Mimi to cats? Random question, but inquiring minds want to know.

BTW, how would you describe the overall tuning on the Mimi Pros?
The Cat Ear Audio Mimi Pro has a wide soundstage with sub bass .
This sounds like using N52 32 ohm blue glue drivers. (Just like the Newbsound32Pro).

Hmmm, I have expressive problems....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back