Earbuds Round-Up
Feb 7, 2023 at 11:48 PM Post #68,281 of 75,563
Yup, they are Korean. I'm actually planning to order a couple of their other buds, but I'm going to wait until I have a decent break coming up from my travels to do it. The ES-P1s are one of my favorite earbuds in my collection. Beautiful, very high quality build, and super easy to listen to.
I would assume that most of their buds are popular (in Korea anyhow) because I have seen most of those on their site for quite a few years now without much change. Maybe they are like the Sennheiser of earbuds and Korean?! :)

Feb 7, 2023 at 11:53 PM Post #68,282 of 75,563
Nice! I was a victim of this "cancelation" (I REALLY wanted to try these at that point). I think this was nigh on two years gone now. They canceled my order, then messaged me on Amazon to ask if I was sure I wanted them. When I replied I did, they directed me to their website to order them. So, I did, and they cancelled that order too, and emailed me to reply back to them if I was sure I wanted them (because of the potential delays with COVID) to which I replied yes. The only problem is that they marked my email as spam, so I got an "undelivered marked as spam" response from the web server. I tried 3 more times and even used a different email address to no affect. Finally, I just gave up, and that is when I bought the Chaconne instead......

This is the story I was going to tell you once before when you mentioned getting a pair for your ole' lady, but I think we both got busy... LOL

And now for something completely different:
ANFSCD_poster.jpg

First, this song just gets my juices going (the whole album does it for me actually): Accept - Too Mean To Die - Zombie Apocalypse. This is probably one of my favorite albums from them in years. These guys sound just fantastic and at the top of their game still (especially at their age), and production value for this type of music (in this day and age) is VERY well done. Just some good old-fashioned metal. :wink: Secondly, because of the bass reproduction that these buds have, this album sounds amazing on both the FF3 and the Yinman 2.0 600.

Well, I have a buddy who successfully order a pair if the ES-P1s through Amazon before Christmas and they fulfilled the order so if you're still lookin' you could try again. That said, I would definitely understand if you were done trying after that experience. It's primarily your experience that keeps me from being more vociferous in my recommendations of them. That and the price, of course, makes them a pretty niche product at this point lol! 😂

BTW, speaking of the Yinman 600s, if he has the power to drive them and that driveability issue doesn't make them prohibitive for his use case, they aren't a bad pick for having some of that warmth and lushness through the mid range that the HD650s are well known for.

Feb 7, 2023 at 11:55 PM Post #68,283 of 75,563
How are the Sennheiser earbuds in terms of sonic performance?
This is the million dollar question and I'll be eager to read what @JAnonymous5150 writes about them. He had better give his impressions even if he has to stop touring for a week or two. I know Wild Lee adores them so...... that's a good sign.

And wow do those UCOTECH products look great!

Feb 7, 2023 at 11:57 PM Post #68,284 of 75,563
I would assume that most of their buds are popular (in Korea anyhow) because I have seen most of those on their site for quite a few years now without much change. Maybe they are like the Sennheiser of earbuds and Korean?! :)

Screen shots from a Korean audiophile chat channel similar to a discord kinda thing is how I read the first reviews of them actually lol! 😂 My friend has owned them since shortly after they came out and has saved up a bunch of random reviews comments he has compiled to show people when he rec's them.

Feb 7, 2023 at 11:59 PM Post #68,285 of 75,563
This is the million dollar question and I'll be eager to read what @JAnonymous5150 writes about them. He had better give his impressions even if he has to stop touring for a week or two. I know Wild Lee adores them so...... that's a good sign.

I will certainly put together an impressions post once I get the chance. I should be picking them up this afternoon. I guarantee it will be longer than both the "reviews" posted in the head gear section combined. 😜

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2023 at 12:16 AM Post #68,286 of 75,563
Well, I have a buddy who successfully order a pair if the ES-P1s through Amazon before Christmas and they fulfilled the order so if you're still lookin' you could try again. That said, I would definitely understand if you were done trying after that experience. It's primarily your experience that keeps me from being more vociferous in my recommendations of them. That and the price, of course, makes them a pretty niche product at this point lol! 😂

BTW, speaking of the Yinman 600s, if he has the power to drive them and that driveability issue doesn't make them prohibitive for his use case, they aren't a bad pick for having some of that warmth and lushness through the mid range that the HD650s are well known for.
I may have to give them another shot on Amazon. If they cancel this order, I will be done. I won't be going through hoops to get these at that price... LOL We'll see. I was also wanting to check into (potentially) getting the new iBasso SR3 headphones..... We'll see which one wins out in the end. :)

Oh, that is a very good point about the Yinmans. I would totally agree about the lushness and warmth, I only held back on that one because they have pretty big bass compared to the HD650 IMO (but it HAS been a while since I heard the HD650, so I could be totally off bass here :wink:).

Though, I would also say that the upper end is similar; not quite airy, but not totally blunted either (quite neutral to make for a bit of shimmer but no tizzyness). I would never call them "detail monsters", but I also don't feel like I am missing anything, and that is the memory that I have of the HD650 also. Would you agree with that, or am I smoking something that others would like me to share? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

+1 (on both accounts)

Feb 8, 2023 at 12:27 AM Post #68,287 of 75,563
Oh, that is a very good point about the Yinmans. I would totally agree about the lushness and warmth, I only held back on that one because they have pretty big bass compared to the HD650 IMO (but it HAS been a while since I heard the HD650, so I could be totally off bass here :wink:)

I see what you did there...😉

Actually, I agree that the Yinmans have a bit more bass, but they aren't super far off. Mostly I was just thinking about that lush and warm mid range and even the slightly conservative treble. So basically the upper two-thirds of the sound sig matches very nicely and the bottom third isn't far off and is actually an improvement, IMO. That's how I see it anyways. I do wish I had my HD650s here with me to do a quick back to back to see just how different I think the bass is.

Feb 8, 2023 at 12:40 AM Post #68,288 of 75,563
I see what you did there...😉

Actually, I agree that the Yinmans have a bit more bass, but they aren't super far off. Mostly I was just thinking about that lush and warm mid range and even the slightly conservative treble. So basically the upper two-thirds of the sound sig matches very nicely and the bottom third isn't far off and is actually an improvement, IMO. That's how I see it anyways. I do wish I had my HD650s here with me to do a quick back to back to see just how different I think the bass is.
Yeah, me too... But I think we are in agreement (even from memory).. Nice! Having said that, if they are even close, the OG poster could be happy with them if that is the sound that they are looking for, because there is a (really good) reason that the classic HD phones are still available.

Oh, and I think it should also be mentioned (to be of more help) that the Yinmans have a WAY bigger soundstage than either the HD650 or the HD600 (they weren't really ever known to be huge in that area to begin with) if this matters. I would put them up there with the HD700, which are only second to the OG HD800 AFAIK.

Also, I want to totally agree with all that have said that the FF3 were a GREAT place to start! Now, I can't say you can't get better (because I don't know your ears), but I can say that you will probably have to stay at "flagship" levels to at least equal or have a sidegrade to those. :) That's also not to say that you can't find one of those "gems" now and again that are MUCH cheaper, but honestly (IMHO) you already have one of the best of the best (if you will). :sunglasses: :thumbsup:

Feb 8, 2023 at 12:54 AM Post #68,289 of 75,563
Oh, and I think it should also be mentioned (to be of more help) that the Yinmans have a WAY bigger soundstage than either the HD650 or the HD600 (they weren't really ever known to be huge in that area to begin with) if this matters. I would put them up there with the HD700, which are only second to the OG HD800 AFAIK.

Definitely! I couldn't agree more. Also, I think the Yinmans' bass, regardless of quantity, is a bit tighter and more articulate than the HF650s. Not by a lot, but by enough that I think it's noticeable. The bass on the HD650s can start to blur or smear a bit as tracks get more complicated. I think the Yinmans hold up a bit better to demanding basslines.

Feb 8, 2023 at 1:11 AM Post #68,290 of 75,563
Arggg all this Yinman talk is too tempting.

I've always given it a miss cause the latest version has non-detachable cables. Do you guys know if any other place other than Aliexpress sells the Yinman 600? And how does it compare in technicalities to stuff like Yincrow RW2000/3000?

Feb 8, 2023 at 2:43 AM Post #68,291 of 75,563
Definitely! I couldn't agree more. Also, I think the Yinmans' bass, regardless of quantity, is a bit tighter and more articulate than the HF650s. Not by a lot, but by enough that I think it's noticeable. The bass on the HD650s can start to blur or smear a bit as tracks get more complicated. I think the Yinmans hold up a bit better to demanding basslines.
On the bass, I think you are right. It might all just come down to tech history. The contemporary transducers with their coatings definitely make bass much tighter and more in control. It is my opinion that some of the best DDs are catching ortho dynamics in this category.

I've always given it a miss cause the latest version has non-detachable cables. Do you guys know if any other place other than Aliexpress sells the Yinman 600? And how does it compare in technicalities to stuff like Yincrow RW2000/3000?
Sorry bro! Can't help it, they are that good (to my ears).

Having said that, I am not the only one. If you haven't seen it (in its completed form) here is @WoodyLuvr's mini review with his chart plotting (signatures - main, secondary, tertiary opposing, etc...). I am sure there are other reviews to look at also (not sure, I really haven't looked for a while), but I chose this one from him because he (apparently) is hearing this set (more or less) exactly as I do (other than the comfort issue and saying they are MOSTLY non-fatiguing; I find them to be not at all for either).

I have never seen them on any place except the AVCCK Earphones Store on AE. Not sure if this is their partner, or something like Linsoul where sometimes you can ONLY find stuff from there, even though they don't make them, or if this the manufacturer with a different name?! Confusing as it is, I am ok with it personally. :) You COULD try and ask them if they could make you a set that has MMCX because you will have to chat with them anyhow...

As for the technicalities, I find them to have better overall technicalities to my old ears (with the proper driving power that is) than either the RW2000 or the RW3000. Though, the RW3000 come closer than does the RW2000 IMO. But, this is also going to come down to what part of the technicalities are more important to you. Before I explain this, they (RW3000 and Yinman) are close enough that you might not notice the difference unless you A/B them.

I find the Yinman to be a bit bigger in staging in width and depth and even height, but separation is a tad bit better on the RW3000; this might come from the warmth of the Yinman and the amazing treble tuning of the RW3000. Imaging is pretty close on both (though leaning a bit towards the Yinman). With both macro and micro dynamics, I find the Yinman to be a bit (not a lot) better. Micro details belongs to the RW3000, but macro details are really close (even though the Yinman are much warmer in nature). This is amazing to me (and I have to give credit to the RW3000 for hanging close) because the Yinman are 600ohms and the Yincrow are only 16ohms, meaning that Yincrow had to source an absolute beast of a driver and engineer a really good shell to attain anything close to the technicalities of the Yinman, which also uses a fantastic driver IMHO.

Also, I want to mention resonance. To my ears, the Yinman are much better in this realm (probably because of the wood shells). Having said that, the difference in tonality and resonance might not be for everyone (if you notice it at all that is). For me, I notice it and really love it a lot compared to metal, and even plastic shells.

Bottom line is that if you like the technicalities of the Yincrows, you will (more than likely) like the Yinman in this regard as well. :)

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2023 at 2:59 AM Post #68,292 of 75,563

I don't onow of anywhere else to grab the Yinman 600s, but AVCCK on AliExpress. Comparing techs to the two Yincrows is tough. Overall I think the 600s beat the RW-2000s (from memory as I don't have a pair right now), but I think the RW-3000s beat the 600s. Breaking down the 600s v RW-3000s a bit, I think the RW-3000s win on resolving power, spacial cue rendering, and layering, the 600s win on dynamics (not by much) and sound stage size with imaging being a toss-up between the two.

Now that you've brought it up, I'll be interested to compare the RW-2000's techs to the 600s and see how accurate my impressions from memory are.

To @samandhi : Coatings definitely seem to have made a difference in DD bass presentation, tightness, and transient speed. A very well done, very tight DD bass is a thing to behold and I think they are catching back up with planars/orthos in that regard, but I don't think they're there yet and it'll be interesting to see if they ever do completely close that gap. That said, sometimes I prefer DD bass depending on what I have up in the queue.

Feb 8, 2023 at 3:16 AM Post #68,293 of 75,563
To @samandhi : Coatings definitely seem to have made a difference in DD bass presentation, tightness, and transient speed. A very well done, very tight DD bass is a thing to behold and I think they are catching back up with planars/orthos in that regard, but I don't think they're there yet and it'll be interesting to see if they ever do completely close that gap. That said, sometimes I prefer DD bass depending on what I have up in the queue.
Get out of my head! Are you reading my thoughts? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
I don't onow of anywhere else to grab the Yinman 600s, but AVCCK on AliExpress. Comparing techs to the two Yincrows is tough. Overall I think the 600s beat the RW-2000s (from memory as I don't have a pair right now), but I think the RW-3000s beat the 600s. Breaking down the 600s v RW-3000s a bit, I think the RW-3000s win on resolving power, spacial cue rendering, and layering, the 600s win on dynamics (not by much) and sound stage size with imaging being a toss-up between the two.
It seems as though we differ in this area (or some of these areas) just a bit, but I sort of figured it would be this way after seeing your (mini) review on both of these. :) Either way, they are both at TOTL levels in this area IMHO. Having said that, the RW2000 don't lag THAT far behind either one of them, they are just more intimate in their presentation. Imaging, dynamics, and separation are still very good, it just doesn't present the grand scale that both the RW3000 and Yinmans present (obviously in different ways of course).

It might have just been easier to call it a wash @baskingshark. LOL

Speaking of technicalities @JAnonymous5150 what can you tell me about the technicalities of the ES-P1? I have heard about their tuning, but not much on how they perform in this realm.

Feb 8, 2023 at 4:48 AM Post #68,295 of 75,563
Screenshot_20230207-175544_AliExpress.png
Ordered, in a couple of weeks I will have a new toy to play with 🎧😆
Mine is estimated for Feb 19 :beerchug: Can't wait.
Congratulations to the both of you! I am still on mine too! Hopefully end of Feb! No way to tell with Aliexpress standard delivery (though they have yet to fail me)!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back