Earbuds Round-Up
Sep 8, 2022 at 8:51 PM Post #64,501 of 75,875
Got the plain coffin case... :cry:

No biggie, these buds are a pleasure to use at work with my AUNE HIFIDIY.NET Mini USB DAC + Headphone Amp MK2 SE.

Bought it in 2010 for 114€, years before Aune became an established brand.

20220825_164421.jpg

I'm still amazed by its performance and power. The 600 ohms buds don't make it sweat one bit. I'm a loud listener, and 11 o'clock is my max level.

Great synergy between them.
Fantastic! I assume that because you got the "coffin" box, you got the nice little carry case?

Sep 8, 2022 at 8:52 PM Post #64,502 of 75,875
The round black one, absolutely.

Sep 8, 2022 at 9:00 PM Post #64,503 of 75,875
I don't know about everyone else using the FF3, but the cable has become a bit more pliable on mine. Not a ton, but I imagine with more time, it might either harden more, or get even more pliable. Time will tell I suppose?!

OK! I will try and make this the last post that is WAY off topic (for tonight lol). But, I love knives as well.

And BTW, they just passed the law in Indiana and Ohio that you no longer need a permit to carry which is a terrible idea if you ask me (of course, since I paid for lifetime carry permit)... LOL Kel-Tec PF9 here (I don't like to advertise).

There are a few missing (i.e. Microtech Ultratech OTF, Benchmade Mini Osbourne, maybe a couple CKRT and Spyderco because I didn't have them at the time of the picture):

Ozzy is actually doing album signings for those that pre-ordered his album from Fingerprints Music, Saturday in Longbeach at 2pm. Anywhere near 4th street Longbeach gon' be busy day afta' tomorra'!

Hey, I used to have a PF9, but I sold it, a Glock, and a Baretta 92FS when I ordered the Kimber custom shop 1911 I carry these days because I have a big gun collection so nothing comes in these days without stuff being sold to pay for it. I do miss the PF9 though.

And nice knives! I have a lot of those as well. Benchmade, Spyderco, some custom jobs, vintage and military pieces, etc. I have always liked and carried knives ever since I was kid and I keep knives on my person, in my backpack, in my stick bag, in my truck... pretty much everywhere lol!

I keep transducers around just as much though! And this will be my last weapons post too 😜😎

Sep 8, 2022 at 9:20 PM Post #64,504 of 75,875
Got the plain coffin case... :cry:

No biggie, these buds are a pleasure to use at work with my AUNE HIFIDIY.NET Mini USB DAC + Headphone Amp MK2 SE.

Bought it in 2010 for 114€, years before Aune became an established brand.

I'm still amazed by its performance and power. The 600 ohms buds don't make it sweat one bit. I'm a loud listener, and 11 o'clock is my max level.

Great synergy between them.

Nice! I have a friend of a friend acquaintance who uses one of these Aune HIFIDIY DACs too and he has mentioned how versatile it is more than once.

I'm glad you're liking the Yinman 600s though. They are a pretty damn good pair of buds. I got the "coffin box" with my 600s too, but I keep them in their case or my repurposed watch turned earbud chest or their carrying case anyways.

Sep 8, 2022 at 9:52 PM Post #64,505 of 75,875
For the longest time, I have held the dogma that holes behind driver boost bass. You are the one who tells me “no, it drops ear gain”. This is the second time my measurement shows that it’s true: everything stays where they are, ear gain drops. Does that mean that bass would sound louder? Sure, but you managed to pinpoint that it’s the ear gain that changes, not the bass. Thus, my statement was meant like “oh wow, you are spot on”.

I don’t understand why whenever we touch the measurement or tuning related topic, it has to be like walking on thin ice, when I have made it clear many times that I have nothing but respect for what you do and know? The worst thing is we rarely actually disagree on any point in out discussions so far even though the conversation can come to … this point.

Regarding the alignment, yes, alignment at 500hz or 1k would be more fruitful. I was just intrigued by the shape of the frequencies above 3k because they look identical despite the difficulty in replicating measurements, so I align them there to see how they look together. Yes, I need better measurement rig.
Please don’t feel like you are walking in thin Ice. I just want your graphs to be more useful And not just for me. When you’re listening and you’re like “why am I hearing less deep bass when my measurements show otherwise?” It’s just the graphing perspective is wrong. It reminds me of a parallax error where you can’t figure out why you are above or below the target when your crosshairs are spot on. 1kHz has only been commonly for its graphing location, but it would still be a step in the right direction. I literally bought and read every book I could find on the subject long before I ever posted in this thread. Long before I ever considered owning an earbud. My rough draft for my headphone curve was derived a decade ago. When I’m telling you things, it’s not because I’m trying to correct, scold or chastise you or anything like that…. I’m literally trying to help you. I actually wouldn’t waste my time to do otherwise. I can see where you are though, and I love to see it. Quite literally. I may not come off right—particularly when I’m getting late for work and I’m in a hurry, but trust me I’m always just in it to help. I’ve I’m taking my time to say something, it’s to help. I mean how many people do you know who would spend weeks making molds of their own ear with materials to match the mechanical properties of an typical human ear just so they can understand the acoustics of loudspeakers, headphones, and their interactions with your head and ears? I’m literally the only one I know (Perhaps fortunately). The amount of reading and experiments it took to get there would make you think I was nuts. Don’t even get me going on the details of the room calibration.

in any case, keep doing what you are doing. The graphs are quite useful and good. It’s just so easy to improve them that I hate to see you waste the opportunity. Wait until you get an artificial ear. Things will get really screwy then.

Sep 8, 2022 at 10:12 PM Post #64,509 of 75,875
I only wish I would have been brave enough to do my ear canals! I almost went to an audiologist to have it done.
You should! You have taken it this far, might as well take it all the way. Plus, you will probably be wondering about it until you do.. LOL

I would bet that would set you back a pretty penny though?!

Sep 8, 2022 at 10:13 PM Post #64,510 of 75,875
Please don’t feel like you are walking in thin Ice. I just want your graphs to be more useful And not just for me. When you’re listening and you’re like “why am I hearing less deep bass when my measurements show otherwise?” It’s just the graphing perspective is wrong. It reminds me of a parallax error where you can’t figure out why you are above or below the target when your crosshairs are spot on. 1kHz has only been commonly for its graphing location, but it would still be a step in the right direction. I literally bought and read every book I could find on the subject long before I ever posted in this thread. Long before I ever considered owning an earbud. My rough draft for my headphone curve was derived a decade ago. When I’m telling you things, it’s not because I’m trying to correct, scold or chastise you or anything like that…. I’m literally trying to help you. I actually wouldn’t waste my time to do otherwise. I can see where you are though, and I love to see it. Quite literally. I may not come off right—particularly when I’m getting late for work and I’m in a hurry, but trust me I’m always just in it to help. I’ve I’m taking my time to say something, it’s to help. I mean how many people do you know who would spend weeks making molds of their own ear with materials to match the mechanical properties of an typical human ear just so they can understand the acoustics of loudspeakers, headphones, and their interactions with your head and ears? I’m literally the only one I know (Perhaps fortunately). The amount of reading and experiments it took to get there would make you think I was nuts. Don’t even get me going on the details of the room calibration.

in any case, keep doing what you are doing. The graphs are quite useful and good. It’s just so easy to improve them that I hate to see you waste the opportunity. Wait until you get an artificial ear. Things will get really screwy then.
No worries. Sorry for offending you, intentionally or otherwise. It’s never my intention, of course. Eager to learn more from all of you experienced folks! I got an acoustic engineering book to try to learn but can’t quite wrap my head around. I certainly dislike the trial and error way that I do with these buds and the unreliable measurements. That’s why I say “new found respect for DIYer and manufacturers”. Let’s put this aside and move on. We are friendly audio geeks :ksc75smile:

Back to earbuds: the 64 ohm Ti driver is so good, technical wise. I’m in awe. Highly recommended, especially with vent + filter.

Sep 8, 2022 at 10:14 PM Post #64,511 of 75,875
Sep 8, 2022 at 10:20 PM Post #64,512 of 75,875
No worries. Sorry for offending you, intentionally or otherwise. It’s never my intention, of course. Eager to learn more from all of you experienced folks! I got an acoustic engineering book to try to learn but can’t quite wrap my head around. I certainly dislike the trial and error way that I do with these buds and the unreliable measurements. That’s why I say “new found respect for DIYer and manufacturers”. Let’s put this aside and move on. We are friendly audio geeks :ksc75smile:

Back to earbuds: the 64 ohm Ti driver is so good, technical wise. I’m in awe. Highly recommended, especially with vent + filter.
Also, there might be some really good resources (and discussions) over on the "Sound Science" part of the forum. :)
Speak for yourself lol! But @Ronion is just my kind of crazy!
See the post after... :beerchug:

Sep 8, 2022 at 10:25 PM Post #64,513 of 75,875
Sep 8, 2022 at 10:34 PM Post #64,514 of 75,875
Well yeah, but my joke doesn't make sense now...🥺
Makes perfect sense, and I actually lol'ed! But WITH your initial response, I think we can all agree.... @Ronion is indeed nuckin' futz! Or am I dangerously close to inviting "it takes one to know one"? :dizzy_face:

Sep 8, 2022 at 10:40 PM Post #64,515 of 75,875
Makes perfect sense, and I actually lol'ed! But WITH your initial response, I think we can all agree.... @Ronion is indeed nuckin' futz! Or am I dangerously close to inviting "it takes one to know one"? :dizzy_face:
No, but you put the FU in...
FUNNY!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back