Earbuds Round-Up
Aug 19, 2022 at 3:35 PM Post #63,406 of 75,755
Do you mind if I ask what has made you decide on Rikubuds for your first pair(s) rather than some cheaper consumer buds to figure out what you're looking for in an earbud? I'm not advocating either way. Just curious.

As someone who has just rediscovered earbuds a few months back I can say that I am surprised at how different my generally preferred sound signatures in earbuds are to IEMs and also how the relative importance of various qualities to one another has changed the way I evaluate earbuds versus IEMs. I'm glad that my experience with some budget/inexpensive options let me figure most of that stuff out so that when it came time to looking at flagships and DIY builds where the resale market and potential is much smaller I am more prepared with detailed knowledge of what I'm looking for and thus less likely to grab something that doesn't fit me and have to take the hit. Just food for thought and I'm not trying to take business away from Riku or anything just interested and sharing my experience, FWIW.

Eithet way, I hope you find what you're looking for. I'm awaiting my first Riku creation right now (Rider 1s per yhe recommendation of the master himself!) so I can't comment on the rest. I'm eagerly awaiting their arrival so I can hear what all the hype and praise is about!
I have the Iris 2.0, Qian39, and the Yincrow X6. Prior to those, I've had the Yuin PK3 and VE Monks.

I quite like the X6 but sometimes the bass can bleed into the mids a bit and make it sound a bit muddy compared to the Qian39 which I feel is quite a bit clearer.

Riku did suggest I consider the Rider, Berserker/Saber but I'm also curious about the Lancer as that seems to be super well received as well.

Aug 19, 2022 at 3:39 PM Post #63,407 of 75,755
I have the Iris 2.0, Qian39, and the Yincrow X6. Prior to those, I've had the Yuin PK3 and VE Monks.

I quite like the X6 but sometimes the bass can bleed into the mids a bit and make it sound a bit muddy compared to the Qian39 which I feel is quite a bit clearer.

Riku did suggest I consider the Rider, Berserker/Saber but I'm also curious about the Lancer as that seems to be super well received as well.

That answers that lol! I thought based on what you said about looking at your list of IEMs that you were just getting into buds. It sounds like you've done a bit of what I was talking about so I'll just shut up and try not to look stupid...

Aug 19, 2022 at 3:44 PM Post #63,408 of 75,755
That answers that lol! I thought based on what you said about looking at your list of IEMs that you were just getting into buds. It sounds like you've done a bit of what I was talking about so I'll just shut up and try not to look stupid...
Lol no worries! I'm very out of the loop with earbuds and the three buds I own were also suggested by Riku when I was looking to get into buds. Very much unaware of what's available and I have absolutely no idea how to read an earbud FR even.

I really just am trying to figure out if there is something with the bass and tonality of the X6 but with the clarity/technicalities of the Qian39.

Aug 19, 2022 at 4:04 PM Post #63,409 of 75,755
Nope, but I am waiting for them to show up from AE as we speak. Probably won't be here for at least a week or two, though. After having good luck with the metal shelled openheart buds and their over ears before that, these seemed like a must try when I went back to place an AE order for a couple things I forgot in my last order. Did you order them already too?

I'm thinking in ordering them or the ry4s plus mmcx, i will probably like the ry4s but the price on this one is so good considering it already comes with a cable, however is a shot in the dark and i usually don't have much luck doing this

Aug 19, 2022 at 4:45 PM Post #63,410 of 75,755
Lol no worries! I'm very out of the loop with earbuds and the three buds I own were also suggested by Riku when I was looking to get into buds. Very much unaware of what's available and I have absolutely no idea how to read an earbud FR even.

I really just am trying to figure out if there is something with the bass and tonality of the X6 but with the clarity/technicalities of the Qian39.
I own Alter Rider 1, and it got me hooked onto the world of earbuds. If you're already talking with Riku, then, from my experience, he will give you his honest recommendation. He has tested and reviewed a fair number of earbuds, so he will be able to speak from experience. Although my ears hear the Alter Rider 1 slightly differently to Riku's, I really enjoy the bass and treble extension on that set. I also own the Serratus, which is one of tgx's flagship sets, but it's a fairly balanced sound, so not sure if you'd like the quantity of the bass. DM me if you want more details :)

Aug 19, 2022 at 5:10 PM Post #63,411 of 75,755

I don't know if I was the first to get a set of RikuBuds Berserker 1's or not, only @RikudouGoku can certify that, but I was the first to give a little review of them here.

Here's a small recap of the Berserker 1. RikudouGoku was aiming for the ultimate upgrade to one of his favorite buds the Yincrow X6. Well he succeeded and then some.

The Berserker 1 are a **"big upgrade over the X6's and deliver nice bass punch with a sub-bass focus that don't bleed all over the mids. Also somewhat of a surprise is that the treble is smooth and airy, not sharp and in your face. Not sure if it's just a small treble roll off, but makes for non-fatiguing listening experience.

Of course since I just spent some time intently listening to both Fiio EM5 and Yincrow RW-3000, I'll give a little comparison.
The sound signature leans toward the RW-3000. I guess that would be inevitable considering RikudouGoku was aiming for an upgrade over the Yincrow X6. I've listened to these buds side by side the RW-3000. The B1's have a touch more bass, the midrange is comparable and the treble is smoother. Where the B1's can't compare is the overall soundstage that the RW-3000 present." **

Quoted from my short review

So if you like the X6 and you want something that has that Yincrow sound signature but literally blows the X6 out of the water then go for the Berserker 1. This thread has some rave reviews of both RikuBuds Berserker 1 and Yincrow RW-3000. If you find that you just can't contain yourself... get them both and be a very happy camper.

Last edited:
Aug 19, 2022 at 5:15 PM Post #63,412 of 75,755
I don't know if I was the first to get a set of RikuBuds Berserker 1's or not, only @RikudouGoku can certify that, but I was the first to give a little review of them here.

Here's a small recap of the Berserker 1. RikudouGoku was aiming for the ultimate upgrade to one of his favorite buds the Yincrow X6. Well he succeeded and then some.

The Berserker 1 are a **"big upgrade over the X6's and deliver nice bass punch with a sub-bass focus that don't bleed all over the mids. Also somewhat of a surprise is that the treble is smooth and airy, not sharp and in your face. Not sure if it's just a small treble roll off, but makes for non-fatiguing listening experience.

Of course since I just spent some time intently listening to both Fiio EM5 and Yincrow RW-3000, I'll give a little comparison.
The sound signature leans toward the RW-3000. I guess that would be inevitable considering RikudouGoku was aiming for an upgrade over the Yincrow X6. I've listened to these buds side by side the RW-3000. The B1's have a touch more bass, the midrange is comparable and the treble is smoother. Where the B1's can't compare is the overall soundstage that the RW-3000 present." **

Quoted from my short review

So if you like the X6 and you want something that has that Yincrow sound signature but literally blows the X6 out of the water then go for the Berserker 1. This thread has some rave reviews of both RikuBuds Berserker 1 and Yincrow RW-3000. If you find that you just can't contain yourself... get them both and be a very happy camper.
That is pretty cool because the RW3000 is a very formidable earbud IMHO. Good job @RikudouGoku!

Aug 19, 2022 at 5:19 PM Post #63,413 of 75,755
I easily can rank my Berserker 1 in the top twenty flathead earbuds that I have ever heard and/or owned. Yes, that good! Tuned for fun! No naughtiness yet detected... time will tell my ears are awfully picky and too sensitive.

Last edited:
Aug 19, 2022 at 6:42 PM Post #63,415 of 75,755
I'm thinking in ordering them or the ry4s plus mmcx, i will probably like the ry4s but the price on this one is so good considering it already comes with a cable, however is a shot in the dark and i usually don't have much luck doing this

Well as I mentioned before, it's a bit of a shot in the dark for me because I haven't heard these buds. However, I was given a pair of over ears from them that sounded decent and were so well built that I modded them with some Tesla drivers and they kill. Then I tried Openheart's metal shelled mmcx buds and just posted a thing the other day about how they're pretty darn good sounding and built really well. With all of that in mind, it just made sense for me to give another pair of buds from them a try.

I'll let you know how they are when they show up if you'd like. As I said, it will be a week or two until they get here, but just let me know if you'd like me to shoot you a message or tag you in a post about them when they show up.

Aug 19, 2022 at 7:09 PM Post #63,416 of 75,755
Rose Technics Mojito first impressions:

The Mojitos are the third earbud I am trying from Rose Technics. I wasn't a big fan of the Martinis, but the Maria IIs have this special delicate ethereality to them that I have never heard in any other earbud so they're joining the collection. I have heard some good things about the Mojitos so I was pretty excited to give them a try to see if I needed to make more room in my collection.

I want to start this off by saying that the Mojitos are a pretty good sounding earbud. They have a pretty punchy mostly mid bass focused low end that brings a little energy to tracks with a solid beat. The mids are linear and clean with pretty good detail. The highs have some air in them and do a good job reproducing the higher parts of tracks, but they lack a little energy and shimmer. I have other buds that are like this, but they are exceptional in other ways that makes it a footnote rather than a point to critique. Unfortunately for the Mojitos, I find them to be another solid B+ student earbud that does some things well, but never comes through at the top of the class. (See my earlier comments about the Astrotec Lyra Collections if you'd like to know why I am calling these "another" B+ student)

Overall, I could easily see someone really liking the Mojitos, much the way I could with the Lyra Collections I demoed a couple days ago. I think the creators of the Mojitos started out with a good concept and pushed to create a great earbud, but in trying to make it great at everything they never quite reached it's potential. Instead, these buds consistently fall just short of other buds in my collection or that I have heard/demoed in everything I try them at. If I had to make a comparison, it sounds a bit like the designers tried to create the RW-3000, but just weren't quite as successful as the folks at Yincrow.

If you've ever heard the Yincrow RW-3000 and thought you'd like a bud just like it but with a little less detail, slightly more intimate soundstage, a hair less treble extension, and a low end that's not quite as tight/articulate then the Mojitos are your bud. If you're a fan of punchy, mid focused bass with a little bit of smoothed edges on notes and a tad more length on the decay while still being well controlled and not mushy the Mojitos might be worth a look. If the larger soundstages on some TOTL buds sound a bit too spread out to you and you want a more intimate attempt at a fairly balanced high end bud, the Mojitos might just be your pick.

Unfortunately for the Mojitos I'm not looking for any of that. However, this tale has a happy ending because I already have a buyer for them so come Monday they'll have a new audio fanatic to please and he already knows he wants them. See? Things do tend to work themselves out in the end...

In other news the Fiio FF3s and the Simphonio Dragon 3s still have me blown away. The FF3s because I had no idea that an earbud could sound this big, powerful, and authoritative. As for the Dragon 3s, they're just operating on another level. They do so many things so damn well that it's really hard to find something I don't like about them and the more I listen to them the more I like about them. They're just that good.

Last edited:
Aug 19, 2022 at 7:52 PM Post #63,417 of 75,755

The Mojitos are the third earbud I am trying from Rose Technics. I wasn't a big fan of the Martinis, but the Maria IIs have this special delicate ethereality to them that I have never heard in any other earbud so they're joining the collection. I have heard some good things about the Mojitos so I was pretty excited to give them a try to see if I needed to make more room in my collection.

I want to start this off by saying that the Mojitos are a pretty good sounding earbud. They have a pretty punchy mostly mid bass focused low end that brings a little energy to tracks with a solid beat. The mids are linear and clean with pretty good detail. The highs have some air in them and do a good job reproducing the higher parts of tracks, but they lack a little energy and shimmer. I have other buds that are like this, but they are exceptional in other ways that makes it a footnote rather than a point to critique. Unfortunately for the Mojitos, I find them to be another solid B+ student earbud that does some things well, but never comes through at the top of the class. (See my earlier comments about the Astrotec Lyra Collections if you'd like to know why I am calling these "another" B+ student)

Overall, I could easily see someone really liking the Mojitos, much the way I could with the Lyra Collections I demoed a couple days ago. I think the creators of the Mojitos started out with a good concept and pushed to create a great earbud, but in trying to make it great at everything they never quite reached it's potential. Instead, these buds consistently fall just short of other buds in my collection or that I have heard/demoed in everything I try them at. If I had to make a comparison, it sounds a bit like the designers tried to create the RW-3000, but just weren't quite as successful as the folks at Yincrow.

If you've ever heard the Yincrow RW-3000 and thought you'd like a bud just like it but with a little less detail, slightly more intimate soundstage, a hair less treble extension, and a low end that's not quite as tight/articulate then the Mojitos are your bud. If you're a fan of punchy, mid focused bass with a little bit of smoothed edges on notes and a tad more length on the decay while still being well controlled and not mushy the Mojitos might be worth a look. If the larger soundstages on some TOTL buds sound a bit too spread out to you and you want a more intimate attempt at a fairly balanced high end bud, the Mojitos might just be your pick.

Unfortunately for the Mojitos I'm not looking for any of that. However, this tale has a happy ending because I already have a buyer for them so come Monday they'll have a new audio fanatic to please and he already knows he wants them. See? Things do tend to work themselves out in the end...

In other news the Fiio FF3s and the Simphonio Dragon 3s still have me blown away. The FF3s because I had no idea that an earbud could sound this big, powerful, and authoritative. As for the Dragon 3s, they're just operating on another level. They do so many things so damn well that it's really hard to find something I don't like about them and the more I listen to them the more I like about them. They're just that good.
Very nice! Glad they found a home.

In other.... other news MY FF3 will be here tomorrow. Things in the shipping arena must be returning to normal because they had my order estimated to arrive Sept. 04. That means that it will have only taken 11 days from China to USA (and that is regular China Post, and USPS). That almost feels more amazing than actually receiving my new buds....

OK. No it doesn't, but at least it IS a surprise (in a good way). :)

Aug 19, 2022 at 7:54 PM Post #63,418 of 75,755

In other news trhe Fiio FF3s and the Simphonio Dragon 3s still have me blown away. The FF3s because I had no idea that an earbud could sound this big, powerful, and authoritative. As for the Dragon 3s, they're just operating on another level. They do so many things so damn well that it's really hard to find something I don't like about them and the more I listen to them the more I like about them. They're just that good.
i had mojito ,i liked it very much.
can you make mojito vs maria 2 in soundstage wideness ,fullness, brightness..

Aug 19, 2022 at 8:26 PM Post #63,419 of 75,755
Very nice! Glad they found a home.

In other.... other news MY FF3 will be here tomorrow. Things in the shipping arena must be returning to normal because they had my order estimated to arrive Sept. 04. That means that it will have only taken 11 days from China to USA (and that is regular China Post, and USPS). That almost feels more amazing than actually receiving my new buds....

OK. No it doesn't, but at least it IS a surprise (in a good way). :)
Nice! Can't wait to hear read your FF3 impressions. The only complaint from a couple people including myself is the slightly memory prone cables that like to hold the cable curl. Actually my cable has relaxed a bit now, but I'm only loosely coiling them and not storing them in a bud case.

Aug 19, 2022 at 8:31 PM Post #63,420 of 75,755
Nice! Can't wait to hear read your FF3 impressions. The only complaint from a couple people including myself is the slightly memory prone cables that like to hold the cable curl. Actually my cable has relaxed a bit now, but I'm only loosely coiling them and not storing them in a bud case.

I coil the cable and store the buds in the included case. It has no kink or nasty memory like some IEM cables (cough … Campfire Audio), but it is stubborn. It is straight, but straight the way it wants to be, not the way I want it to be. Waiting for @JAnonymous5150 to do some cable swapping experiment

Users who are viewing this thread

Back