Earbuds Round-Up
Jun 21, 2022 at 8:11 AM Post #61,651 of 75,861
Most definitely my tube amp... though it is a custom-made for earbuds special edition so no surprise there. Really the only time I have had to use High Gain (or rather needed and/or could be used) are with these new Longyao-Yinman 龙谣音曼 2.0 600 LE earbuds.
WOW! Is it the one pictured a few pages back?

We shall see how well they do with mine. So far (though I have only had it less than a week) I have not liked the sound with earbuds on it as much as I would have hoped. Time will tell though, I have only about 60 hours burn-in time with it.

Jun 21, 2022 at 11:00 AM Post #61,653 of 75,861
Ok! Ordered. While they DID give me a choice of connectors, they didn't mention color, so I think the dark ones are the only ones they have as you said. I trust your ears good sir!

I ordered the 2.5mm TRRS version since it is easiest for me to convert if I need to (I can use all three in one amp card, or only 4.4mm TRRS in another w/adapter, or only 3.5mm TRS w/adapter in tube amp). We'll see if my DAP will power it well @8Vrms and 2.3amps available. I am actually shocked at how many of my harder to drive head gear the Nutube amp w/TRS only connection can drive well (though it is 800mW/32Ohms).
+1. Ordered too. Damn! 600Ohms!

Jun 21, 2022 at 11:37 AM Post #61,654 of 75,861
I honestly didn't know the name existed until I saw your (lovely) pictures and description (and family link) of the buds. I don't normally buy headgear on a whim (except maybe the NichHCK EB2S) without doing some research. But If you are calling these warm, but clear and accurate in the resoltution, that is all I need to hear. I know you are sensitive to overbaked presence region, and you didn't mention this. I have yet to hear a good bud that isn't, so really I am sort of used to it by now though. :)

Are all of those models still available? Is that why you are having a hard time getting them? Or is it simply where you live that is making it difficult? Or is it that you are alluding to the DR-09 sucking, and that the DR-08 and Green Bull might suck too, so nobody is stocking them?

Other than this thread, there really is no place to go to learn here in the US about the different brands of earbuds. As we have discussed in the past, doing a search does :zero: good, and they aren't marketed (and a lot of times) not even reviewed here very well, if at all.

Anyhow, enjoy your new toy, and let us know your thoughts as you get some time on them?!
@WoodyLuvr Unless like you say they simply haven't updated their Aliexpress page, it looks as though the Yinman 2.0 (150Ohm) buds are still available here.
Yeah unfortunately they are little known and ignored by many. But there are a few out there that appreciate them immensely like @chinmie and @Alex.Grimm who considers his original 2016 Yinman 音曼 2.0 醇净 600 MMCX to be the best earbud he has ever had to the extent that he has sold nearly everything else off except for his FiiO EM5 (if I am not grossly mistaken).

Yes, the DR-08, DR-09, and the Green Bulls are still quite available but like you said not heavily marketed or seen around everywhere. I don't really like the lower impedance models (32Ω/150Ω) as much as the higher impedance models (500Ω and 600Ω). Simply a personal preference.

Unfortunately, both 500Ω models (fixed/mmcx) have not been available now for years nor have they been reissued like their bigger brother the 600Ω.

Availability is very strange with Yinman in regards to the 600Ω model especially the limited edition reruns (reissues) as they are not heavily advertised; finish rather quickly due to being low numbered reruns; and/or are simply hard to track down to buy (or simply understand which model is available) online.

Will do!

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2022 at 12:04 PM Post #61,656 of 75,861
@WoodyLuvr Unless like you say they simply haven't updated their Aliexpress page, it looks as though the Yinman 2.0 (150Ohm) buds are still available here.
AVCCK Earphones Store has a pretty low seller rating (hugely inflated of course, but my preferred sellers are all >95%, and AVCCK is <90%). They also have some suspicious listings, like Senns IE600 for cheap...so, how trustworthy is this seller? Guess this is a question for anyone who has ordered from them in the past. Thanks!

Jun 21, 2022 at 12:35 PM Post #61,657 of 75,861
AVCCK Earphones Store has a pretty low seller rating (hugely inflated of course, but my preferred sellers are all >95%, and AVCCK is <90%). They also have some suspicious listings, like Senns IE600 for cheap...so, how trustworthy is this seller? Guess this is a question for anyone who has ordered from them in the past. Thanks!
As far as I know, it has been reported here that after buying a 600 Ohm the seller has tried to offer you another model, when you insist that you want the 600 Ohm, he cancels the sale, indicating that he has no stock... but, nevertheless, he keeps ad.

Jun 21, 2022 at 5:30 PM Post #61,658 of 75,861
As far as I know, it has been reported here that after buying a 600 Ohm the seller has tried to offer you another model, when you insist that you want the 600 Ohm, he cancels the sale, indicating that he has no stock... but, nevertheless, he keeps ad.
Interesting! Well, when ordering mine this morning, I had him send me a picture of the ones I would be getting (which ARE different than the one listed). I also had him repeat that I wanted 2.5mm balanced connection (also not listed) just to make sure. Now, we'll see if this holds true when I get them. If they arrive in a timely fashion (well, timely for the China Post could be months), and they are what was agreed upon, I will have no issue with them. :)

Jun 21, 2022 at 10:00 PM Post #61,659 of 75,861
Interesting! Well, when ordering mine this morning, I had him send me a picture of the ones I would be getting (which ARE different than the one listed). I also had him repeat that I wanted 2.5mm balanced connection (also not listed) just to make sure. Now, we'll see if this holds true when I get them. If they arrive in a timely fashion (well, timely for the China Post could be months), and they are what was agreed upon, I will have no issue with them. :)
Haha! Feels like you would have struck lottery if you get what you want!

Jun 21, 2022 at 10:28 PM Post #61,661 of 75,861
Jun 22, 2022 at 3:29 AM Post #61,662 of 75,861
I'll leave mine to fate and see what I get!
As it happened, AVCCK Store contacted me. They said they only have the black version (I chose the grey) and they give me a choice of terminations (3.5; 2.5 and 4.4). I chose the 4.4.

I guess I just rigged my lottery!

Jun 22, 2022 at 12:08 PM Post #61,663 of 75,861
My red MDR-E262s with Hiegi foams, awesome sound (these Hiegis are really worth it) 🍵😎 IMG_20220622_180421.jpg

Jun 22, 2022 at 2:56 PM Post #61,664 of 75,861
My red MDR-E262s with Hiegi foams, awesome sound (these Hiegis are really worth it) 🍵😎 IMG_20220622_180421.jpg
Very nice-looking set!

They are indeed really good foams! I was skeptical myself until I bought a set.

Jun 22, 2022 at 3:44 PM Post #61,665 of 75,861
Buds definitely worth more :wink:
Can you take some pictures without foams?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back