Earbuds Round-Up
Jun 21, 2022 at 5:34 AM Post #61,636 of 75,871
Longyao-Yinman 龙谣音曼 2.0 600 Limited Edition
600Ω

IMG_20220621_144325.jpg
My new earbuds arrived! Very pleased with their performance thus far. Although warm-sounding their resolution and timbre is crazy good. And boy do they scale with power! Their rated sensitivity of 95dB ±3dB/mW is quite conservative as they are much harder to drive than even my Puresounds PS100-600S (600Ω @ 93dB ±3dB/mW) which I had felt were definitely sub 93 dB/mW in sensitivity. So I am thinking that these Yinmans are probably closer to 90-91 dB/mW in rated sensitivity.

Due to recent high demand Longyao-Yinman has launched this all new 2022 model with fixed cabling only and uses similar wooden shells with the long wooden stems as seen (used) on the Longyao-Yinman 龙谣音曼 DR08, Longyao-Yinman 龙谣音曼 DR09, and Longyao-Yinman 龙谣音曼 Green Bull 青牛 models. The original 2016 Yinman 音曼 600 fixed cable models did not utilize long wooden stems. More information atLongyao-Yinman Models Timeline.

They are shipped with the same extraordinarily well-made mini wooden box accompanied by the older Yinman 音曼 2.0 醇净 600 MMCX version. I was informed that although packaged & shipped in the same wooden box this is indeed a new model for 2022 they simply have hundreds and hundreds of these boxes remaining in stock. I don't mind as it is a very nice miniature box.

Longyao-Yinman 龙谣音曼 2.0 600 LE 600Ω (2).jpg Longyao-Yinman 龙谣音曼 2.0 600 LE 600Ω (3).jpg
Longyao-Yinman 龙谣音曼 2.0 600 LE 600Ω (4).jpg Longyao-Yinman 龙谣音曼 2.0 600 LE 600Ω (5).jpg

Wow do they sell this on aliexpress?

Jun 21, 2022 at 5:40 AM Post #61,637 of 75,871
Last edited:
Jun 21, 2022 at 6:15 AM Post #61,638 of 75,871
Yes, via AVCCK Earphones Store

The 2021 limited rerun of the 2016 Yinman 音曼 2.0 醇净 600 MMCX is all sold out now. Only a few of these new 2022 fixed cable models are available now.
The link takes me to the MMCX version. And the name on Aliexpress store is simply new Yinman 600 ohm high impedance in ear earphone. They don't look like the ones you pictured other than the box. Do you know much about these at the store? Also there is no choice for balanced connection (I doubt that a SE connection from a DAP could power these).

Jun 21, 2022 at 6:21 AM Post #61,639 of 75,871
The link takes me to the MMCX version. And the name on Aliexpress store is simply new Yinman 600 ohm high impedance in ear earphone. They don't look like the ones you pictured other than the box. Do you know much about these at the store? Also there is no choice for balanced connection (I doubt that a SE connection from a DAP could power these).
Yes, that is how AVCCK works... very out dated and always with super confusing entries! LOL! Chat with them and they will explain it to you. The 2021 Limited Rerun of the MMCX version is all done now. Only the new 2022 version in fixed cable and new wooden shells is now available. There are no updated pics yet of the 2022 model posted in their store, of course! All the ones in the pics are of older unavailable versions. Available terminations are 3.5SE, 2.5TRRS, 4.4TRRRS and if not mistaken only in this dark colored shell.

Longyao-Yinman 2.0 600 LE; 600 Ω

Although these are hands down the hardest to drive earbuds I have ever had I do think they scale well both ways... so many daps would power them adequately as only 1.1Vrms or less (>28mW @ >1.8 mA) would be required to push them to 90dB SPL. Though with that said they do scale splendidly with more power.

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2022 at 6:51 AM Post #61,641 of 75,871
Yes, that is how AVCCK works... very out dated and always with super confusing entries! LOL! Chat with them and they will explain it to you. The 2021 Limited Rerun of the MMCX version is all done now. Only the new 2022 version in fixed cable and new wooden shells is now available. There are no updated pics yet of the 2022 model posted in their store, of course! All the ones in the pics are of older unavailable versions. Available terminations are 3.5SE, 2.5TRRS, 4.4TRRS and if not mistaken only in this dark colored shell.

Although these are hands down the hardest to drive earbuds I have ever had I do think they scale well both ways... so many daps would power them adequately as only 2Vrms (>8mW @ >3.6 mA) or less would be required to push them to 100dB SPL. Though with that said they do scale splendidly with more power.
Ok! Ordered. While they DID give me a choice of connectors, they didn't mention color, so I think the dark ones are the only ones they have as you said. I trust your ears good sir!

I ordered the 2.5mm TRRS version since it is easiest for me to convert if I need to (I can use all three in one amp card, or only 4.4mm TRRS in another w/adapter, or only 3.5mm TRS w/adapter in tube amp). We'll see if my DAP will power it well @8Vrms and 2.3amps available. I am actually shocked at how many of my harder to drive head gear the Nutube amp w/TRS only connection can drive well (though it is 800mW/32Ohms).

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2022 at 6:54 AM Post #61,642 of 75,871
@samandhi I just tried them with my Meizu HiFI Pro dongle "tricked" via an adapter cable to max output @ ~2Vrms with a thrust of ~9mW. They sound great with plenty of volume to spare.
Really? They didn't sound flat? I would expect they might be able to get some volume, but wtih that amount of impedance I would think they almost HAVE to have some good amping to sound good. What is the current supply of that dongle? Surely it can't be deceivingly high?!

Edit: NM, I realize what I wrote after I wrote it. Current shouldn't be much of a factor for these.

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2022 at 7:09 AM Post #61,644 of 75,871
@WoodyLuvr nice foundling of Yinman.
@samandhi good choice of its true premium craftmens quality for such low price.
Who could resist wooden shells? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: They look fantastic! Hopefully they sound as good as they look.

@WoodyLuvr I promise I will not send you nasty PMs if they don't sound good to my ears... :wink::stuck_out_tongue::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::vulcan:

Jun 21, 2022 at 7:28 AM Post #61,645 of 75,871
Really? They didn't sound flat? I would expect they might be able to get some volume, but wtih that amount of impedance I would think they almost HAVE to have some good amping to sound good. What is the current supply of that dongle? Surely it can't be deceivingly high?!

Edit: NM, I realize what I wrote after I wrote it. Current shouldn't be much of a factor for these.
Bass is less detailed and less impactful with the Meizu HiFi Pro dongle but definitely it still remains very musical and energetic... not flat or deflated sounding at all to me like some other 500Ω and 600Ω drivers can be with lower power. Chalk that up to a quality driver being implemented by Yinman.

Jun 21, 2022 at 7:38 AM Post #61,646 of 75,871
Who could resist wooden shells? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: They look fantastic! Hopefully they sound as good as they look.
I will wait for Your review 😜

I can wright essey like @WoodyLuvr or @Ronion about how solid wood sound in headphones or speakers - but it's sad.

I hope in that case will not affected the sound.

Jun 21, 2022 at 7:49 AM Post #61,647 of 75,871
Ok! Ordered. While they DID give me a choice of connectors, they didn't mention color, so I think the dark ones are the only ones they have as you said. I trust your ears good sir!

I ordered the 2.5mm TRRS version since it is easiest for me to convert if I need to (I can use all three in one amp card, or only 4.4mm TRRS in another w/adapter, or only 3.5mm TRS w/adapter in tube amp). We'll see if my DAP will power it well @8Vrms and 2.3amps available. I am actually shocked at how many of my harder to drive head gear the Nutube amp w/TRS only connection can drive well (though it is 800mW/32Ohms).
Awesome!
I know, right?!
@WoodyLuvr I promise I will not send you nasty PMs if they don't sound good to my ears... :wink::stuck_out_tongue::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::vulcan:
LOL! Oh my wasn't that total insanity?! I had almost forgotten about that. Though in this particular case, and knowing your tastes, I will be surprised if you are not impressed in some regard. But if not, please do blow up my PMs with hate as from you it will be taken differently!😍:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
@WoodyLuvr nice foundling of Yinman.
@samandhi good choice of its true premium craftmens quality for such low price.
Honestly, I don't know what took me so long to buy a pair of these besides simply forgetting to do it and/or when I did remember it I was faced with an availability issue. I have heard a fair number of them from the original fixed and MMCX versions to the DR-08 (150Ω only), DR-09 (32Ω), and the higher impedance 150Ω Green Bull and enjoyed the Yinman warmth. Still have yet to get my hands on the lower impedance 32Ω version of either the DR-08 or the Green Bull though... no one seemed to be interested in them over in Siam 😥. Probably very similar to the DR-09 I am thinking.

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2022 at 7:53 AM Post #61,648 of 75,871
Bass is less detailed and less impactful with the Meizu HiFi Pro dongle but definitely it still remains very musical and energetic... not flat or deflated sounding at all to me like some other 500Ω and 600Ω drivers can be with lower power. Chalk that up to a quality driver being implemented by Yinman.
Sounds very promising! I have to admit, I have never heard any head gear over 300 Ohms (Senny HD800), but I have had some head gear that seems harder to drive (well) than even those (Tinhifi P1 for example) among other planars especially. This will be an interesting trip I think. :) I was just starting to look around again.

I know I just bought the RW3000 recently (and they really are great overall), but I gotta' say that even though they are a better tuned sound overall than the RW2000, I still keep coming back to those more often. I can't quite put my finger on it just yet. I think maybe in trying to balance out the RW2000 more, they overdid it, and now it is rather top heavy (too much so maybe). While I love the clarity, they took away the warmth that made them (almost) IEM(ish) with the super wide staging of buds... In other words, for me they sort of lost that magic that was the RW2000.

What device do the Yinmans sound the best on to you (so far)?

Jun 21, 2022 at 7:58 AM Post #61,649 of 75,871
What device do the Yinmans sound the best on to you (so far)?
Most definitely my tube amp... though it is a custom-made for earbuds special edition so no surprise there. Really the only time I have had to use High Gain (or rather "needed" and/or better yet "could use") are with these new Longyao-Yinman 龙谣音曼 2.0 600 LE earbuds.

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2022 at 8:07 AM Post #61,650 of 75,871
Awesome!

I know, right?!

LOL! Oh my wasn't that total insanity?! I had almost forgotten about that. Though in this particular case, and knowing your tastes, I will be surprised if you are not impressed in some regard. But if not, please do blow up my PMs with hate as from you it will be taken differently!😍:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Honestly, I don't know what took me so long to buy a pair of these besides simply forgetting to do it and/or when I did remember it I was faced with an availability issue. I have heard a fair number of them from the original fixed and MMCX versions to the DR-08 (150Ω only), DR-09 (32Ω), and the higher impedance 150Ω Green Bull and enjoyed the Yinman warmth. Still have yet to get my hands on the lower impedance 32Ω version of either the DR-08 or the Green Bull though... no one seemed to be interested in them over in Siam 😥. Probably very similar to the DR-09 I am thinking.
I honestly didn't know the name existed until I saw your (lovely) pictures and description (and family link) of the buds. I don't normally buy headgear on a whim (except maybe the NichHCK EB2S) without doing some research. But If you are calling these warm, but clear and accurate in the resoltution, that is all I need to hear. I know you are sensitive to overbaked presence region, and you didn't mention this. I have yet to hear a good bud that isn't, so really I am sort of used to it by now though. :)

Are all of those models still available? Is that why you are having a hard time getting them? Or is it simply where you live that is making it difficult? Or is it that you are alluding to the DR-09 sucking, and that the DR-08 and Green Bull might suck too, so nobody is stocking them?

Other than this thread, there really is no place to go to learn here in the US about the different brands of earbuds. As we have discussed in the past, doing a search does :zero: good, and they aren't marketed (and a lot of times) not even reviewed here very well, if at all.

Anyhow, enjoy your new toy, and let us know your thoughts as you get some time on them?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back