Earbuds Round-Up
May 27, 2022 at 5:04 AM Post #61,366 of 75,410
I've been using the K'searphone LBBS for about a week, they have a lot of tonality problems that can be improved with EQ. I don't hear these buds as very neutral at all, they are rather W shaped. (mid bass/fundamental frequencies bloat, harsh shouty mids, peaky treble). I know the sound changes a lot depending on how you wear them, and I am wearing them so they sound their best.

After EQ these earbuds sound good, the imaging was already interesting which made it nice for acoustic music.

Here is the EQ curve for the LBBS, this makes it sound like a "true neutral monitor" to my ears. Note that the area highlighted in crimson is a no guarantee zone, you will hear the high frequencies very differently due to ear canal resonances. For me, I get a resonance peak around 8k on the LBBS (the 6k stabbing peak is still real), for you it may be different. I also hear the LBBS as having essentially ripped out air frequencies, so I put a high shelf filter to compensate for that.

edit: i am using full foams on the earbuds btw
Totally agree, after a month of using, I don't think LBBS is neutral like some people said, mid is so harsh.
@shoui catemoji @Yyooo - Good day gents, have you confirmed that you both indeed own the Ks Bell-LBBs and not the Ks Bell-LBS? An older and much inferior model, the LBS call sign is a rather strong harsh mid-forward sound signature. While the Ks Bell-LBBs is far less forward and much more ear friendly.

2018 - K's Temperament 小铃 Bell-LBS 30Ω (aka "Original Little Bell-Silver")
2020 - K's Temperament 小黑铃 Bell-LBBs 30Ω (aka "New Little Black Bell S")

The reason why I ask is that over the past year or so a good number of people have either mistakenly bought the LBS thinking it was the LBBs or they literally were tricked (baited and switched) with an older LBS which was repackaged and even relabeled as the LBBs / LBBS.

If you send a pic of both your earbuds and the serial number sticker on the box we would be more than happy to inform you which model you have. Cheers.

With that said some people do hear a "W-Shaped" type sound signature from the LBBs while others hear only a slight "Inverted U-Shaped" type tuning (I sit in this camp)...

1653845976315.png

Primary = Mid-Centric - Neutral
Secondary (Strong) = Warm (not muddy, nor muffled)
Secondary (Weak) =
Sharp & Detailed
Tertiary (Complementing) = Hard-Harsh (enhanced female vocals; sometimes aggressive though)
Tertiary (Alternative Complementing) = Forward Mids - W-Shaped (while others may only hear a slight "Inverted U-Shaped" instead)
Tertiary (Opposing) = Hard-Harsh (not overly bright-sibilant it can get "too exciting" for those sensitive to highs)
Tertiary (Opposing) = Thin & Tinny (prone to aggressiveness)

The primary sound signature (red dot and red-shaded oval) of the Ks Bell-LBBs is "mid-centric - neutral" that may offer an ever so slight "inverted u-shaped" type tuning with a very strong secondary sound signature (larger blue shaded balloon) that reaches out to "warm" but is far from being muddy, smeared, or muffled. A non-overpowering weak secondary sound signature (smaller blue shaded balloon) reaches out to "detailed" for greater resolution and more realistic, natural-sounding timbre. Prominent complementing tertiary sound characteristics (green shaded arrows) are exhibited in the upper mids and very lower treble that may/can come across as being rather "hard-harsh" but in-turn also provides enhanced female vocals and reproduction of bright-leaning instruments. Due to mildly recessed mid and upper highs a sneaky and quite "aggressive" ("thin & tinny") opposing tertiary sound characteristic (green shaded arrow) may rear it's ugly head occasionally with certain recordings and music genres. Some individuals may hear an alternative complementing tertiary sound characteristics (purple shaded arrow) which reaches down to forward mids ("w-shaped" type sound) while others may hear only a very slight "inverted u-shaped" type tuning (I sit in this camp).

Please Note - It is crucial that you do not interpret this chart two-dimensionally but rather three-dimensionally using all axes offered. Optimally, this would be best presented as a sphere but in turn that would make it difficult to clearly see and read all the labels and sections. Thus, we are limited to two-dimensions for the sake of presentation and clarity. Please note that I tried my best to stick to the "classic" (more basic) sound signature & tuning characteristic definitions as used by recording professionals & audio engineers.

Some transducers may exhibit multiple and opposing tonal attributes all at the same time. I tend to plot earphones by their strongest attribute(s) first and then do my best to fine tune their position based on their other (minor) attributes.

Last edited:
May 27, 2022 at 6:55 AM Post #61,370 of 75,410
VE Megatron has fallen into my hands, although it is a Dac / AMP source I think it is worth leaving my (simple) impressions on the thread of the buds, because the synergy with them taking into account the sale price is at least one madness, always taking into account my personal tastes.

From the outset it is light years away from my current sources, where I had E1DA 9038SG3 as a reference, this megatron has a very analog sound that in my humble opinion is better and more enjoyable and there is all the power that I don't think I will ever need.

I will not go into intangible details, but a great surprise for me, an excellent and unexpected sound, it also elevates my experience in high impedance buds, which are always my preference.

I'm looking forward to a custom AMP DIY Workroom so I'll have my gaming gear totally up to date!

May 27, 2022 at 8:22 AM Post #61,371 of 75,410
@shoui catemoji @Yyooo - Good day gents, have you confirmed that you both indeed own the Ks Bell-LBBs and not the Ks Bell-LBS? An older and much inferior model, the LBS call sign is a rather strong harsh mid-forward sound signature. While the Ks Bell-LBBs is far less forward and much more ear friendly.

2018 - K's Temperament 小铃 Bell-LBS 30Ω (aka "Original Little Bell-Silver")
2020 - K's Temperament 小黑铃 Bell-LBBs 30Ω (aka "New Little Black Bell S")

The reason why I ask is that over the past year or so a good number of people have either mistakenly bought the LBS thinking it was the LBBs or they literally were tricked (baited and switched) with an older LBS which was repackaged and even relabeled as the LBBs / LBBS.

If you send a pic of both your earbuds and the serial number sticker on the box we would be more than happy to inform you which model you have. Cheers.

With that said some people do hear a "W-Shaped" signature from the LBBs while others hear only a slight "Inverted U-Shaped" tuning (I sit in this camp)...

1653641315447.png
Primary = Mid-Centric - Neutral
Secondary (Strong) = Warm (not muddy, nor muffled)
Secondary (Weak) =
Sharp & Detailed
Tertiary (Complementing) = Hard-Harsh (enhanced female vocals; sometimes aggressive though)
Tertiary (Alternative Complementing) = W-Shaped (while others may only hear a slight "Inverted U-Shaped" instead)
Tertiary (Opposing) = Hard-Harsh (not overly bright-sibilant it can get "too exciting" for those sensitive to highs)
Tertiary (Opposing) = Thin & Tinny (prone to aggressiveness)

The primary sound signature (red dot and red-shaded oval) of the Ks Bell-LBBs is "mid-centric - neutral" that may offer an ever so slight "inverted u-shaped" tuning with a very strong secondary sound signature (larger blue shaded balloon) that reaches out to "warm" but is far from being muddy, smeared, or muffled. A non-overpowering weak secondary sound signature (smaller blue shaded balloon) reaches out to "detailed" for greater resolution and more realistic, natural-sounding timbre. Prominent complementing tertiary sound characteristics (green shaded arrows) are exhibited in the upper mids and very lower treble that may/can come across as being rather "hard-harsh" but in-turn also provides enhanced female vocals and reproduction of bright-leaning instruments. Due to mildly recessed mid and upper highs a sneaky and quite "aggressive" ("thin & tinny") opposing tertiary sound characteristic (green shaded arrow) may rear it's ugly head occasionally with certain recordings and music genres. Some individuals may hear an alternative complementing tertiary sound characteristics (purple shaded arrow) which reaches down to "w-shaped" while others may hear only a very slight "inverted u-shaped" tuning (I sit in this camp).

Please Note - It is crucial that you do not interpret this chart two-dimensionally but rather three-dimensionally using all axes offered. Optimally, this would be best presented as a sphere but in turn that would make it difficult to clearly see and read all the labels and sections. Thus, we are limited to two-dimensions for the sake of presentation and clarity. Please note that I tried my best to stick to the "classic" (more basic) sound signature & tuning characteristic definitions as used by recording professionals & audio engineers.

Some transducers may exhibit multiple and opposing tonal attributes all at the same time. I tend to plot earphones by their strongest attribute(s) first and then do my best to fine tune their position based on their other (minor) attributes.
Good day to you too. I'm pretty sure I bought LBBS, not LBB, half of the cable is fabric. Instead, I asked K's official shop seller, he said they have changed a little bit about the thickness of shell since 2020 release, I don't know if this is the reason.

May 27, 2022 at 8:23 AM Post #61,372 of 75,410
May 27, 2022 at 9:07 AM Post #61,373 of 75,410
Did you get a chance to listen to the Nicehck B70?
How are they, vs B40 or EB2S?

For me, B70 is brighter than B40 but not better because they sound thinner (slightly). Vocals in B40 also sound cleaner than in B70. Bass is good in both models. Soundstage is wider in B70 due to more extended treble (brighter). B70 also sound airier thanks to the more extended treble. Both are as comfy because they share (shape of) the shells.

Overall, B40 is better for the genre of songs I like (jazz, classical) and if I had to keep one, that would be B40. Other genres may benefit from B70's treble, but the thin vocals are a dealbreaker for me (I really don't like thin vocals).

EB2S is better than B70. Period.

Buildwise, B70 is cheap as hell (B40 too).

Last edited:
May 27, 2022 at 10:27 AM Post #61,374 of 75,410
Good day to you too. I'm pretty sure I bought LBBS, not LBB, half of the cable is fabric. Instead, I asked K's official shop seller, he said they have changed a little bit about the thickness of shell since 2020 release, I don't know if this is the reason.
Curiouser and curiouser! Thank you for that information. I never heard that about a shell change since 2020 and I honestly did not catch that if it is indeed true!

@RikudouGoku were you aware of a shell change on Ks Bell-LBBs perhaps in 2021 sometime?

Last edited:
May 27, 2022 at 10:30 AM Post #61,375 of 75,410
Curiouser and curiouser! Thank you for that information. I never heard that about a shell change since 2020 and I honestly did not catch that if it is indeed true!

@RikudouGoku were you aware of a shell change on Ks Bell-LBBs perhaps in 2021 sometime?
never heard about it.

May 27, 2022 at 10:35 AM Post #61,376 of 75,410
Buildwise, B70 is cheap as hell (B40 too).

The cable on the B40 is quite durable though - I've put them through the "earbud for sleeping" torture test for the last 6 months, and they are still going strong :xf_cool:

May 27, 2022 at 3:53 PM Post #61,378 of 75,410
May 28, 2022 at 5:59 AM Post #61,380 of 75,410
7CCC9D0D-2ED6-4C72-BAC1-C5B491F005F1.jpeg
Talking about EM5 i cracked them once, feels horrible.
Got it fixed by filled the crack and plug the holes, really expensive job…
I feel sorry for You 😔
Fiio made just bad decision about this 2 pipes who stands really for nothing.
Just a snake oil design :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back