Earbuds Round-Up
Apr 6, 2022 at 6:47 PM Post #60,857 of 75,330
I use an iPod Nano 7th generation for some hours. Two or three during the day (high volume), and one hour on the night (low volume) to try to fall asleep. I use it exclusively at home. I listen only metal music, genre death and technical death and prefer warm sound. my budget is 30-40€. During my three iPod I only used Apple earbuds, one pair of House Of Marley and one pair of VE Monk Plus. No mic.

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2022 at 7:22 PM Post #60,858 of 75,330
I use an iPod Nano 7th generation for some hours. Two or three during the day (high volume), and one hour on the night (low volume) to try to fall asleep. I use it exclusively at home. I listen only metal music, genre death and technical death and prefer warm sound. my budget is 30-40€. During my three iPod I only used Apple earbuds, one pair of House Of Marley and one pair of VE Monk Plus. No mic.
1MORE Piston Pod EO320 (even if with mic)

Apr 7, 2022 at 2:14 AM Post #60,863 of 75,330
Since you mentioned "for sleeping" the following VE earbud came to mind... the VE Zen LL which like most of the VE line-up is tuned warm and is an extremely comfortable earbud to wear especially when sleeping. A tad higher in price than what you wanted to spend @ ~USD $69.80 (~€64) but they may just fit the bill. Stay away from the VE Monk Lite as it is tuned differently... it is one of the brightest models sold by VE. Do note that due to recent Chinese government lockdowns VE is not shipping at the moment but you may find it via a reseller online somewhere.

2018 - VE Monk Lite (40Ω/120Ω)
2018 - VE Zen LL (150Ω; aka "Zen Freebie"; "Sleeping Bud")​
2019 - VE Zen LL ("Dice" Limited Edition 150Ω)
2019 - VE Zen LL T-C (150Ω; Type-C Plug)
2019 - VE Zen LL SLQ (150Ω; Upgraded Cable)

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2022 at 2:48 AM Post #60,864 of 75,330
Good News !📣 🥳
Get this PAC Earbud for FREE when you order any selected products now.

Specification
Audiophiles earbud
Driver: 15.4mm PET Composite titanium diaphragm
Impedance: 40 ohm
Sensitivity :106dB
Frequency response: 20-20Khz
MMCX connector

https://penonaudio.com/pac-earbud.html

Penon PCA earbud.jpg

Last edited:
PENON Stay updated on PENON at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1221974387914138/ https://twitter.com/PenonAudio?s=09 https://www.instagram.com/penonaudio/ https://penonaudio.com/ penonaudio@hotmail.com
Apr 7, 2022 at 1:54 PM Post #60,865 of 75,330
and one hour on the night (low volume) to try to fall asleep. I use it exclusively at home. I listen only metal music, genre death and technical death and prefer warm sound

I would not have thought of trying technical death music for sleeping lol!

Apr 7, 2022 at 5:09 PM Post #60,867 of 75,330
Since you mentioned "for sleeping" the following VE earbud came to mind... the VE Zen LL which like most of the VE line-up is tuned warm and is an extremely comfortable earbud to wear especially when sleeping. A tad higher in price than what you wanted to spend @ ~USD $69.80 (~€64) but they may just fit the bill. Stay away from the VE Monk Lite as it is tuned differently... it is one of the brightest models sold by VE. Do note that due to recent Chinese government lockdowns VE is not shipping at the moment but you may find it via a reseller online somewhere.

80€ on aliexpress

Apr 7, 2022 at 6:08 PM Post #60,868 of 75,330

Next monday will return work, shippments will continue.

Apr 7, 2022 at 7:12 PM Post #60,869 of 75,330
I would not have thought of trying technical death music for sleeping lol!
In some ways the more complicated and crazy the music the better the background noise. I do it too. But more techno/rythmic pop. Occasionally heavy metal. For me the slower and more vocally focused the music, the more brain focuses on. The lyrics and tune. In short, I use more chaotic music to do the opposite of clinical listening Lol.

Apr 7, 2022 at 7:27 PM Post #60,870 of 75,330
I know they're old, I know they're not reference class but my god I absolutely love the CCZ Emerald. Melody and Coffee Bean are meh, they blow my old BLON BL-03 away too, and with the nicehck cable they sound even better. Hell they even sound good with KZ-A09 adapters. They fit beautifully, they look great.... they don't do anything especially outstanding but just do everything so well.

I've never really bothered reviewing IEM's but I think I'll go back and revisit some of the ones I've still got kicking around....kb ear ks1, lark, CCA CSN, hzsound heart mirror... I forgot how much IEM's blow Bluetooth TWS away, especially at the crazy prices.

Anyone recommend any other bargains that have just been released?

Oh yeah, review on the emerald here: https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/ccz-emerald.25486/reviews#review-28273

Users who are viewing this thread

Back