Earbuds Round-Up
Apr 5, 2022 at 3:23 AM Post #60,826 of 75,503
Thanks for this rundown. I think it'll be very useful for a lot of people here as they're in direct competition.
I can back up what you said about the Fiio EM5 as well. After extensive testing, I also found the donut foams are the best.

I'll tell you what though, changing foams on the EM5 is a nightmare. That medical-grade 3D printed resin + rounded shape is a nightmare :)
You haven't tried re-foaming Moondrop Chaconne or DQSM Audio Turandot! Talk about an exercise in futility! Both of these earbuds have shells that are slipperier than hell. One will definitely acquire dexterous fingers with surgical level precision after owning these two (2) earbuds for any length of time. But nonetheless we do hear and feel your anguish! With practice it will become easier and effortless... well maybe not quite effortless but definitely no longer those moments of infuriating madness accompanied by fits of cussing and heavy breathing.

The List of Slippery Earbuds
Rose Technics Martini
DQSM Audio Turandot
MoonDrop Chaconne
MoonDrop Liebesleid
Ksearphone w/ Final Acoustics Poseidon

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2022 at 3:41 AM Post #60,827 of 75,503
I got these in the mail a couple days ago...

Welcome to the debut of RikuBuds earbuds model Berserker 1. I'll call them B1's for short.

If you've been following the Earbuds Round-Up thread, then you already know @RikudouGoku teased about introducing some buds that would be the ultimate Yincrow X6 upgrade. People teased and joked about it, but ultimately I think most everyone would like to see "One of their own" make it in this small niche market. I was one of the first... just behind @waynes world to make a commitment toward that goal and bought a set of the B1's.

Well RikudouGoku was good on his word. These buds are a a big upgrade over the X6's and deliver nice bass punch with a sub-bass focus that don't bleed all over the mids. Also somewhat of a surprise is that the treble is smooth and airy, not sharp and in your face. Not sure if it's just a small treble roll off, but makes for non-fatiguing listening experience.

Of course since I just spent some time intently listening to both Fiio EM5 and Yincrow RW-3000, I'll give a little comparison.

The sound signature leans toward the RW-3000. I guess that would be inevitable considering RikudouGoku was aiming for an upgrade over the Yincrow X6. I've listened to these buds side by side the RW-3000. The B1's have a touch more bass, the midrange is comparable and the treble is smoother. Where the B1's can't compare is the overall soundstage that the RW-3000 present.

Anyway, if you're looking to check these out for yourself just DM RikudouGoku, I'm sure he'll be happy to help you.
Awesome! My pair of Berserkers just arrived this morning!

Very well said about supporting "one of our own". I am more than willing to pay and pay extra to support a fellow earbud enthusiast, Modder, and/or DIY'er... it is money better spent than giving it away to faceless corporations that tend to exhibit suspect QA/QC practices; have piss poor customer service; and literally could not give a damn about me.

Regarding my Berserkers in white... I have only listened to the Interstellar Soundtrack but I can confirm that these are indeed bass cannons! Nearing that of my Blur 256 PK16 White Face LE (16Ω; Ultimate Basshead Limited Edition) which my wife swiped from me a few weeks back😡so they are a nice replacement in my stable. I too can confirm that thus far I am unable to detect any fatiguing naughtiness in the higher midrange or treble region. One special note is that this DIY MX32 19-21 Red Dot Ti driver actually scales well with power and responds favorably to higher gain which kind of surprised me. Another mention is the very low profile 3.5TRS termination and thin cabling which I prefer, vell done @RikudouGoku :clap:!

RikuBuds Berserker 1 32Ω.jpg

RikuBuds Berserker 1.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2022 at 4:39 AM Post #60,828 of 75,503
Apr 5, 2022 at 4:47 AM Post #60,830 of 75,503
How would you say it compares to Moondrop Chaconne? I can pick one up for 190$ but 50€ is a MUCH better price (especially since I wouldn't need to ship it from US lol)
Cant compare my stuff to branded ones due to biases and all that...

Although I can say that the Berserker 1 is drastically different from the Chaconne and is aiming at a completely different tonality. So if you want the Chaconne, something more neutral, the Berserker 1 should not be in candidate list.

Apr 5, 2022 at 5:01 AM Post #60,831 of 75,503
Awesome! My pair of Berserkers just arrived this morning!

Very well said about supporting "one of our own". I am more than willing to pay and pay extra to support a fellow earbud enthusiast, Modder, and/or DIY'er... it is money better spent than giving it away to faceless corporations that tend to exhibit suspect QA/QC practices; have piss poor customer service; and literally could not give a damn about me.

Regarding my Berserkers in white... I have only listened to the Interstellar Soundtrack but I can confirm that these are indeed bass cannons! Nearing that of my Blur 256 PK16 White Face LE (16Ω; Ultimate Basshead Limited Edition) which my wife swiped from me a few weeks back😡so they are a nice replacement in my stable. I too can confirm that thus far I am unable to detect any fatiguing naughtiness in the higher midrange or treble region. One special note is that this DIY MX32 19-21 Red Dot Ti driver actually scales well with power and responds favorably to higher gain which kind of surprised me. Another mention is the very low profile 3.5TRS termination and thin cabling which I prefer, vell done @RikudouGoku :clap:!

RikuBuds Berserker 1 32Ω.jpg
RikuBuds Berserker 1.jpg

Whoa, would it be at the God Tier Earbuds level? Been thinking on taking Fiio Em5, but B1 looks promising

Apr 5, 2022 at 5:22 AM Post #60,832 of 75,503
Whoa, would it be at the God Tier Earbuds level? Been thinking on taking Fiio Em5, but B1 looks promising
I prefer these over FiiO EM5 any day... far less bright, not fatiguing (thus far), warmer and smoother with a nice bass presentation and excellent timbre (thus far). I think they would give Ks Bell-LBBs a run for their money as well so they are indeed approaching God-Tier level in many regards. I am still testing (as I just received them early this morning) but thus far I am impressed with what I am hearing. Both @RikudouGoku and @FranQL have indeed created some very tasteful and excellently tuned DIY models as of late... worthy of serious consideration by any earbud enthusiast who understands this transducer medium. Great to see earbuds expanding into new frontiers like this especially in the right direction!

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2022 at 6:24 AM Post #60,833 of 75,503
I prefer these over FiiO EM5 any day... far less bright, not fatiguing (thus far), warmer and smoother with a nice bass presentation and excellent timbre (thus far). I think they would give Ks Bell-LBBs a run for their money as well so they are indeed approaching God-Tier level in many regards. I am still testing (as I just received them early this morning) but thus far I am impressed with what I am hearing. Both @RikudouGoku and @FranQL have indeed created some very tasteful and excellently tuned DIY models as of late... worthy of serious consideration by any earbud enthusiast who understands this transducer medium. Great to see earbuds expanding into new frontiers like this especially in the right direction!
I understand @RikudouGoku can't make an unbiased opinion as it's his own product but how would you say do these compare to Chaconne in things other than bass if you've heard it?

Apr 5, 2022 at 9:43 AM Post #60,834 of 75,503
I understand @RikudouGoku can't make an unbiased opinion as it's his own product but how would you say do these compare to Chaconne in things other than bass if you've heard it?
RikuBuds Berserker 1 vs. Moondrop Chaconne

Completely different tunings (aka different sound signatures). The Moondrop Chaconne is slightly more bright leaning due to it's airier primary sound signature while the Berserker 1 is slightly warmer and smoother with better bass impact, depth, and detail. So besides being weaker in the bass the Moondrop Chaconne has trouble with male vocals but in turn it shines well with female vocals and is dynamite good in the upper midrange and treble.

Although I highly regard the Chaconne I must acknowledge that it is a 'one or two trick pony' only and not an 'all-rounder' by any means like the Berserker 1. The Chaconne is wonderful for specific music genres and/or preference'd signature tastes but will fail miserably for all-use purposes. It is most definitely a nice accompanying earbud to have in your collection for specific roles.

More important and above all else is that the Chaconne does have critical fit issues for some people due to the awkward imbalance and awkwardness of it's shell shape design combined with the slipperiness of the shell material. People's ears vary vastly, so for some the Chaconne will never fit well no matter what they do even with the liberal use of cement or glue! Also, the price of the Chaconne is quite high in comparison to the Berserker 1 and is hard to justify the larger outlay of cash for some.

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2022 at 11:52 AM Post #60,835 of 75,503
A few to consider with mmcx and a semi-neutral bright sound signature that would play well with those genres:

Under USD $200 would be the:
NiceHCK Audio EBX21; •*•*•*•*•*•*• PT2021 147Ω; Toneking Dendroaspis Viridis; and Yincrow 野牛 'Bison' RW-2000.

Saving a little bit more money @ USD $300 you have the:
FiiO EM5 and the Rose Technics Maria II.
Thanks for the recommendations. Any consideration for PD21? 👀 it's 170USD on AliExpress. Why not ?

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2022 at 4:26 PM Post #60,837 of 75,503
And you didn't hear anything from me, @furyossa , @Rary , @captione , @Ronion and more recently @Setmagic. Same level as our hermano @FranQL . 🙃🍻

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2022 at 4:44 PM Post #60,840 of 75,503
And you didn't hear anything from me @furyossa , @Rary , @captione and more recently @Setmagic. Same level as our hermano @FranQL . 🙃🍻
Thank You for such kind words, but im newbie in buds world so far, can't compare with masters who spend years on it.
And made a quantum leap for diy buds world that is so wide open to newcomes.

Im very happy of custom MX500 who cost me 5$
IMG_20220331_153017_tigr-01.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back