- Use Shozy Cygnus for home

Neutral signature/large soundstage:
- Use DIY PowerBeats for commuting
- Use Rose Mojito for home

To mix it up:
- VE Monk+
- Awei ES10

Jul 1, 2016 at 2:50 AM Post #5,837 of 75,861
You're welcome mate hahaha. I use doughnut foams with them. 
If you want better bass, try them with full foams I guess. But since I am somewhat a treble head, I usually just go with doughnut.

I have learned to realize I'm a serious Treble head. Never knew thats a thing. But i always prefer donut to full. And I always set EQ on treble boost.

Do you think Mojito will be my fav in this case?

Jul 1, 2016 at 2:58 AM Post #5,838 of 75,861
Maybe so but I wanted a pair to use while commuting beyond just Edifier H180's. I sure wont be bringing Rose Mojitos out of the house lol. Possibly not even Cygnus.

Best to not bring Cygnus outside if you live in a country with a high degree if air humidity. Or if it rains...

I have learned to realize I'm a serious Treble head. Never knew thats a thing. But i always prefer donut to full. And I always set EQ on treble boost.

Do you think Mojito will be my fav in this case?

If you like sparkle in your highs you might like Tomahawk. And yeah, as far as I understand, Rose Mojito will appeal to people who like treble.

Jul 1, 2016 at 3:09 AM Post #5,839 of 75,861
Good thing I live in Canada where it snows a lot. Humidity not an issue though. But yea the Cygnus is staying next to silica gel most of the time.

Jul 1, 2016 at 3:24 AM Post #5,841 of 75,861
Best to not bring Cygnus outside if you live in a country with a high degree if air humidity. Or if it rains...

If you like sparkle in your highs you might like Tomahawk. And yeah, as far as I understand, Rose Mojito will appeal to people who like treble.

What does sparkle in highs even mean?

And a number of people here have been saying they dont like Tomahawk...

Jul 1, 2016 at 3:40 AM Post #5,842 of 75,861
Well, you can say that it means that the highs are not veiled and that there is a focus on them.

Tomahawk have got a balanced sound overall, but there is some focus on upper mids and highs, At the same time the sound is fairly cold. I find that there is good instrument separation and you can easily position the instruments. Also bass is quite tight and does not bleed into the mids.

I suppose that the focus on higher frequencies together with a lack of warmth in the sound can put some people off. I am not too crazy about treble and I found Tomahawk too sharp sounding with donut foams, but with full hiegi foams I find them to be great

Jul 1, 2016 at 3:54 AM Post #5,843 of 75,861
Well, you can say that it means that the highs are not veiled and that there is a focus on them.

Tomahawk have got a balanced sound overall, but there is some focus on upper mids and highs, At the same time the sound is fairly cold. I find that there is good instrument separation and you can easily position the instruments. Also bass is quite tight and does not bleed into the mids.

I suppose that the focus on higher frequencies together with a lack of warmth in the sound can put some people off. I am not too crazy about treble and I found Tomahawk too sharp sounding with donut foams, but with full hiegi foams I find them to be great

Im still trying to figure out my fav sound signature but I have noticed Im into treble and in fact music with very little or minimal percussion. Bass has a cool factor to it but full foams hurt my ears overtime due to or maybe alongside the bass.

And one big complaint I had with Apple EarPods when I was only using them was it was too much of a veiled mid and high while bass was overpowering almost. It made it sound dark, as opposed to bright.

Jul 1, 2016 at 4:05 AM Post #5,844 of 75,861
While I see myself as prefering a smooth and somewhat balanced sound, I really love Tomahawk's focus on percussion in rock and metal music. They are anything but dark. But they have a quite "cold" sound that might put some people off.

Jul 1, 2016 at 4:25 AM Post #5,845 of 75,861

I think it isn't more useful now because that's a question of batches and quality control, but my good pair I bought in 2015 and after that I just received different models buying from Mrice or Baldoor.

The stores of my good pair here (2015), the bad ones or "random" pairs here ( the Oct. pair had sounded good, after Nov. I started wondering about the changes on SQ and the last one in 2016 it's just another sound) also I bought some pairs from Amazon, NewEgg and you'll find a lot of opinions with the same "diagnostic" like here.

You are real E100 expert now. I got my pair of Mrice E100 from GearBest but I have no idea if they are from good or bad batch. All I know is that I like them a lot :)

Jul 1, 2016 at 5:35 AM Post #5,847 of 75,861
You are real E100 expert now. I got my pair of Mrice E100 from GearBest but I have no idea if they are from good or bad batch. All I know is that I like them a lot :)

I had Mrice E100. I bought it in november 2014 directly to Mrice Digital on AE but now the seller doesn't list any products. My pair sounded very good. I sold it because it didn't fit well in my ear after trying every combination of foam or earhoox...

Jul 1, 2016 at 8:59 AM Post #5,848 of 75,861
While I see myself as prefering a smooth and somewhat balanced sound, I really love Tomahawk's focus on percussion in rock and metal music. They are anything but dark. But they have a quite "cold" sound that might put some people off.

I really like my hawk with original full foam. I've been experimenting with different kind of foam and combination. But in the end I still back to original foam. I like treble too but tomahawk with full foam gave NO glare.

With no glare I mean there's nothing overbearing another frequency. Picture solar flare effects in photos. However nice it seems, some frequencies will be affected. With no glare I can literally focus to any instruments and enjoy their details and resolution to the fullest.

Instrument separation is very very good but kinda tightly knitted and layered. In a very quiet environment tomahawk shines. Not so in noisy environment. As much I enjoy tomahawk I enjoy it way more in the midnight (I live with my brother who build diy power amps - it's that noisy during the day if you know what I mean :D)

It also handle complex track wonderfully. More complex the arrangement the better it sounds. It render depth beautifully. Indian movie song, classic rock and reggae is tomahawk forte IMO

Of anything, I wish for same resolution but wider separation. I wonder if ting is the answer.

Jul 1, 2016 at 9:08 AM Post #5,849 of 75,861
I really like my hawk with original full foam. I've been experimenting with different kind of foam and combination. But in the end I still back to original foam. I like treble too but tomahawk with full foam gave NO glare.

With no glare I mean there's nothing overbearing another frequency. Picture solar flare effects in photos. However nice it seems, some frequencies will be affected. With no glare I can literally focus to any instruments and enjoy their details and resolution to the fullest.

Instrument separation is very very good but kinda tightly knitted and layered. In a very quiet environment tomahawk shines. Not so in noisy environment. As much I enjoy tomahawk I enjoy it way more in the midnight (I live with my brother who build diy power amps - it's that noisy during the day if you know what I mean
biggrin.gif
)

It also handle complex track wonderfully. More complex the arrangement the better it sounds. It render depth beautifully. Indian movie song, classic rock and reggae is tomahawk forte IMO

Of anything, I wish for same resolution but wider separation. I wonder if ting is the answer.

I tihnk that Ting has got the same overall sound signature as Tomahawk but that it's more distanced sounding. To my ears it has got wider instrument separation. Since it is not as "in your face" as Tomahawk I prefer to use Tomahawk outside and Ting at home where I can appreciate it better. Or at my office during work (earbuds are good in this way since you can hear if your work telephone rings. Unless you crank the music up to the loudest setting, that is...)

Jul 1, 2016 at 9:10 AM Post #5,850 of 75,861

Instrument separation is very very good but kinda tightly knitted and layered. In a very quiet environment tomahawk shines. Not so in noisy environment. As much I enjoy tomahawk I enjoy it way more in the midnight (I live with my brother who build diy power amps - it's that noisy during the day if you know what I mean :D)

go to Blox m2c mk2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back