Earbuds Round-Up
Oct 24, 2021 at 11:53 AM Post #58,276 of 75,457
So no alternaties for LBBS for you? I just don't like the weird design, I like the old school pk shells best. It looks like they would fall from my ear.
Have you physically tried them yet? If so which model? Those with larger ear canals do sometimes have fitting issues with them but generally the small bell shape fits quite easily and snuggly in the ear... literally disappearing as @SiggyFraud as intimated.
I don't find the design weird at all. In fact, they're super-comfortable and I can wear them for hours without issues. The sound is also brilliant, which makes the LBBs an overall winner in my book.
Concur; I as well.

Oct 24, 2021 at 4:40 PM Post #58,277 of 75,457
which model is best? and what about fengru emx500?
i still have my 2017 emx500, the one with brown braided cable. sound is great, Ushaped well-done. its unique sounding that newer fengru emx500 (newer release) doesnt sound the same.

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2021 at 5:49 PM Post #58,278 of 75,457
Curious to see what earbuds everyone currently has in their stables now and the roles... here is mine:

1634996191568.png
Hmmmm. I've definitely shrunk my stable.

Signature
Session
Brand
Model/Driver
Ω
Diffuse Field​
Long​
DIY​
2020 K's shell w/14.8mm 'Red Film'​
150Ω​
Diffuse Field​
Long​
DIY​
Modified PK w/14.8mm 'Red Film'​
150Ω​
Fun​
Short​
Smabat​
ST-10 (original, version 1)​
45Ω​
Diffuse Field​
Long​
DIY​
Modified PK, 14.8mm Ti​
32Ω​
Mid-centric​
Long​
DIY​
Modified PK, 14.8mm N55​
64Ω​

My 2 or 3 warmer buds are gone. Those being the original Yuin PK2, Original K's LB and the disassembled 14.8mm 40Ω Ti.

Oct 24, 2021 at 6:24 PM Post #58,280 of 75,457
Have you physically tried them yet? If so which model? Those with larger ear canals do sometimes have fitting issues with them but generally the small bell shape fits quite easily and snuggly in the ear... literally disappearing as @SiggyFraud as intimated.

Concur; I as well.
I havent tried it but I like the classic design better. I think my ear canal is normal not sure. May buy them and test them if they are better than the x6.
Can you post the exact link to buy? because ive seen there are confusing alternatives with similar name.

They sound good with no foams? I have decided I will not sure foams to improve higiene. The foams just catch too much dust and stuff and I don't want to constantly buy new ones.

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2021 at 6:25 PM Post #58,281 of 75,457
Painful waiting for my Penon BS1 Official... shipped on the 9th of Oct and last status on the tracking is showing it left China on the 10th, nothing since! I'm guessing it'll be like AE orders where they take about a month to reach Ireland...

Oct 24, 2021 at 9:06 PM Post #58,283 of 75,457
Painful waiting for my Penon BS1 Official... shipped on the 9th of Oct and last status on the tracking is showing it left China on the 10th, nothing since! I'm guessing it'll be like AE orders where they take about a month to reach Ireland...
I’m still waiting for my LBBS and other buds from 8-8. Reached the US on 9-9 and Pitney Bowes has been sending it back and forth between random places ever since…

Oct 24, 2021 at 10:45 PM Post #58,284 of 75,457
Anyone else enjoying Newbsound buds? Been listening to the Newbsound 32pro for a few weeks now and it's just wonderful. Big bass and very smooth vocals. But I must say, even with the analogue-ish Opus 11, things never become "gooey" or bloated. Details are absolutely present and separation is wonderful. The tuning is almost spot on between fun and "audiophile" (however you interpret that). There's warmth and bass but also separation and detail --they continue to blow me away.

Attachments

• IMG_4787.JPG
    IMG_4787.JPG
    640.8 KB · Views: 0
Oct 25, 2021 at 5:14 AM Post #58,285 of 75,457
What abotu the ve monk plus? It's only 5$

What does extra 160$ give you compared to that one?
detail and separation, if you like it... I have monk lite, gorgeous for very relaxed listening... but when it comes to enjoy details I go for my ebx21, waiting for my first blur... with adequate DAC the difference is tangible.
BUT you must like it and appreciate... otherwise ve monk is ok... (my son has it)

Oct 25, 2021 at 5:15 AM Post #58,286 of 75,457
Anyone else enjoying Newbsound buds? Been listening to the Newbsound 32pro for a few weeks now and it's just wonderful. Big bass and very smooth vocals. But I must say, even with the analogue-ish Opus 11, things never become "gooey" or bloated. Details are absolutely present and separation is wonderful. The tuning is almost spot on between fun and "audiophile" (however you interpret that). There's warmth and bass but also separation and detail --they continue to blow me away.
Newbsound pro is probably the best earbud I've heard for vocals

Oct 25, 2021 at 5:25 AM Post #58,287 of 75,457
Haven't heard of the Newbsound buds and google didn't reveal much - where can I learn more?!

Oct 25, 2021 at 6:31 AM Post #58,288 of 75,457
Oct 25, 2021 at 6:46 AM Post #58,289 of 75,457
I havent tried it but I like the classic design better. I think my ear canal is normal not sure. May buy them and test them if they are better than the x6.
Can you post the exact link to buy? because ive seen there are confusing alternatives with similar name.

They sound good with no foams? I have decided I will not sure foams to improve higiene. The foams just catch too much dust and stuff and I don't want to constantly buy new ones.
Here's the link.
3rd option is the one you want - Little Black Bell S, not White Bell no mic, nor Black Bell with mic.
1635157879478.png

When it comes to foams vs foamless, I use mine with HieGi donuts. If you're worried about dust and ear gunk, I'd still prefer dealing with dirty foams rather than clogged up mesh of the earbud, but YMMV.

Oct 25, 2021 at 9:05 AM Post #58,290 of 75,457
Hmmmm. I've definitely shrunk my stable.

Signature
Session
Brand
Model/Driver
Ω
Diffuse Field​
Long​
DIY​
2020 K's shell w/14.8mm 'Red Film'​
150Ω​
Diffuse Field​
Long​
DIY​
Modified PK w/14.8mm 'Red Film'​
150Ω​
Fun​
Short​
Smabat​
ST-10 (original, version 1)​
45Ω​
Diffuse Field​
Long​
DIY​
Modified PK, 14.8mm Ti​
32Ω​
Mid-centric​
Long​
DIY​
Modified PK, 14.8mm N55​
64Ω​

My 2 or 3 warmer buds are gone. Those being the original Yuin PK2, Original K's LB and the disassembled 14.8mm 40Ω Ti.
Curious. I understand how direct sound field and diffuse sound field are applied in regards to loudspeakers but how does a diffuse field occur with and in an ear/headphone? I thought that simply due to the close proximity of an ear/headphone driver to our ear/ear canal all we can experience is direct field (undisturbed sound field) and that we are unable to experience high volume reflected (diffused) sounds aka sounds reflected off objects that are louder than sounds heard directly from the driver. How is it then possible to hear a reflected sound equal to and/or greater than a direct sound from an earbud driver? Or is this some sort of DSP or equalization at play here that you are using to create a diffused field like effect similar to applying a crossfeed DSP?
Genuinely intrigued; please share your secret 🥺.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back