Earbuds Round-Up
Aug 7, 2021 at 6:15 PM Post #56,971 of 75,272
I thought i had my mind set on M2s pro. But now after seeing review on the LBBS, i'm having a hard time deciding between the both. lol

If you just want to grab and go, not care about changing drivers or cables etc, just go LBBS.

No wrong answers between them.

Whats your source and how do you like your bass?

Aug 7, 2021 at 6:29 PM Post #56,972 of 75,272
I thought i had my mind set on M2s pro. But now after seeing review on the LBBS, i'm having a hard time deciding between the both. lol
I say the LBBS is the better value, especially since you can use EQ to turn it into an X6 upgrade.

Aug 7, 2021 at 7:27 PM Post #56,973 of 75,272
Aug 7, 2021 at 7:45 PM Post #56,974 of 75,272
I noticed that shopee has the lbbs for $44 which seems a better deal than $59 on aliexpress, but not sure about shipping (even though it’s the same seller on both)

https://shopee.sg/Ksearphone-Bell-L...lat-Earplugs-i.66630848.7763814482?position=0

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002442599536.html
that's quite normal actually. Shopee is usually cheaper than Aliexpress almost all the time which is why I mostly try to wait till items are available there before buying. Their shipping is usually more consistent and faster too based on my own experience with both platforms. I got my LBBS from JieTu from Shopee.sg. Oh, and not to mention they usually have some coupons too.

Aug 7, 2021 at 7:54 PM Post #56,975 of 75,272

Haha the correct headfi answer is to get both!

But seriously, I skipped the LBBS cause of the non detachable cable, just my personal practice not to get anything ~ $50 that has non detachable components, as it is a potential source of failure down the line, I had a few IEMs which were non detachable become white elephants after the cable died. Not to mention I sometimes wanna use balanced/aftermarket cables or use BT adapters with it.

M2S Pro is tunable as these various factors change the sound signature:
- aftermarket dampers
- aftermarket drivers - 150 ohm driver seems to be popular amongst the folk here
- full foams versus donut foams versus silicone cover versus double foams in various permutations
- wearing cable down or over ear
- different cables (if you are a cable believer).

So potentially the M2S Pro has a whole myriad of tunable options to play with.

Aug 7, 2021 at 11:06 PM Post #56,976 of 75,272
I’m a huge M2s pro fan at this point. I got it on sale and I’d say it’s easily worth its price based on its ability to be tuned. I even bought the M0 shell just to have something to play around with and now(as of today) the 14mm driver just for fun. Just to see what small drivers feel like on them and how the sound of the fiber driver is. One of my favorite over ear headphones uses similar materials for the diaphragm and they are a bang for the buck champ. Right now m M2s Pro have the 150Ohm drivers with a wide open bass port and it blows my mind. I literally fall asleep to this bud every. Single. Night. No matter what genre I listen to, I feel like I’m getting every sound available with a ton of spaciousness. I hike, play frisbee, and walk the dog without a hitch. These do it for me. I run them off of a Little Bear b4x and its battery life is the biggest downside. My FiiO A5 technology runs them better, but I love the unique character of the B4-X.
I’ve never heard the other Buds, but I don’t think these would let you down.

Aug 7, 2021 at 11:41 PM Post #56,977 of 75,272
1628393747277.png

Decided to go half-foams (thick) on the Monk Lite SPC since it looks like another sleeping session has led to my orange full foam (lite) going AWOL. I really wasn't that mean. Hope it decides to come back. Anywho, I really like what this does to the tonality on some Breaths - Lined In Silver. Stretches things out a bit (almost makes staging hyper-diffused), leaving bass predominately in the background and bringing the mids more to the surface than they already are.

In writing, this sounds like a recipe for disaster. In practice, however, I find that the feeling of being underwater and just enveloped in the sound like you get here. Since there's not a whole bunch of sub-bass material here as is, an album like Lined In Silver seems to have its overall...soul...amplified in the track. It's a similar vibe I get to a Deftones album played on spacious open-backs.

I'm definitely a fan of this :)

5K proves, yet again, that it's more than up to the task. Great thing, too. The B4-X is out of juice and I can't find the charger...Should probably dig that up so I can finish the Burson OPAMP review tomorrow...

Aug 8, 2021 at 12:02 AM Post #56,978 of 75,272
@miserybeforethemusic, I’m not sure if you have a dog, but mine has taken to eating the foams off my ear buds. My last dog (the one in my profile pic) ate a couple IEMs and about $100 cash(not to mention the wallet it was in), I suppose this is an improvement….

Aug 8, 2021 at 12:07 AM Post #56,979 of 75,272
@miserybeforethemusic, I’m not sure if you have a dog, but mine has taken to eating the foams off my ear buds. My last dog (the one in my profile pic) ate a couple IEMs and about $100 cash(not to mention the wallet it was in), I suppose this is an improvement….
Yep, I've got an Aussie. She's a good girl and doesn't really go for that sorta stuff. More likely the bed ate them, but I do need to keep a better eye out for 'em when that happens.

Aug 8, 2021 at 12:12 AM Post #56,980 of 75,272

My family had a white Japanese spitz previously, he went to dog heaven a few years ago. He loved to chew cables and chargers. Had to recable a few IEMs cause of that (at that time, most IEMs were non detachable). He even chewed and destroyed a Beats IEM shell, but haha the loss of a Beats gear is no big loss to the audiophile hobby so I wasn't angry. Thankfully there wasn't beryllium hype at that point in time, if not the spitz would have gotten beryllium poisoning LOL.

Aug 8, 2021 at 12:13 AM Post #56,981 of 75,272
I thought you said you had an Aussie before! My memory has been a mess for the past year. Great dogs! Watson has several Aussie friends. He’s a Shetland Sheepdog and they seem to tuned into a similar wavelength in general.

Sorry for the OT. I shouldn’t bring up the subject of dogs.

Aug 8, 2021 at 12:22 AM Post #56,982 of 75,272
I thought you said you had an Aussie before! My memory has been a mess for the past year. Great dogs! Watson has several Aussie friends. He’s a Shetland Sheepdog and they seem to tuned into a similar wavelength in general.

Sorry for the OT. I shouldn’t bring up the subject of dogs.
Don't think anybody's going to fault the occasional segue, especially if it somehow sparks pooch-inspired earbuds shots :wink:

Aug 8, 2021 at 12:25 AM Post #56,983 of 75,272
Tonight's follow-up material. It's so crazy how well-recorded this album sounds on the half-foamed Monk Lites. Bass even has a nice punch when it needs to come into the picture:

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2021 at 12:53 AM Post #56,984 of 75,272
Using my new Impact Audio Cables (Custom 4-ft 4-strand Type 6 Copper Litz Balanced Eidolic 2.5mm TRRS Plug -to- Eidolic MMCX) cable, and enjoying my Homemade Beryllium 600-Ω, Earbuds w/Metal housing.

Aug 8, 2021 at 1:12 AM Post #56,985 of 75,272
It's amazing how the Yinman 600 sounds with the maximum gain from the iFi micro iDSD Black Label ... Simphonio Dragon 3 loses in all respects: detail, bass depth, stage width ... but at the same time, with less gain, the Yinman 600 is even close doesn't fit Dragon 3
iFi micro iDSD Black Label at maximum gain delivers 1560 mW into 64 ohms, which is certainly a lot for a portable source

PXL_20210806_162549029.NIGHT.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back