Earbuds Round-Up
Aug 5, 2021 at 10:44 PM Post #56,941 of 75,216
It is not expected at all that you get any sound distortion due to balanced/SE adapters. I will receive my balanced SL in a week or two and I will then test it with adapters.

There is(was?) a balanced Rosemary too. Have you already tested it?
Kindly report back here after you test it with the adapter. I'm still curious if it works or not. Finally pulled the trigger with the Iris 2.0 and K64S. Hope they sound good with what I have. Currently rocking the Seahf AWK F150c attached to my Pixel 4A 5G via the CX-Pro 31993 playing Tidal Master thru UPP. The Ovidius B1 is coming so I'm very excited to hear what they can offer.

Last edited:
Aug 5, 2021 at 11:41 PM Post #56,942 of 75,216
@jrazmar

I will report back.

K64 is a good set (for my taste). I ordered Iris 2.0 and Ancestor some days ago.

How is the F150c?

Aug 6, 2021 at 4:39 AM Post #56,944 of 75,216
Can't believe the sound I can get from a combo like this...

PXL_20210805_191518500.jpg

Talk about a setup that disappears in your pocket. Haven't been listening to music much, lately. Lots of podcasts to catch up on. And, in those respects, I really do think the Traceless do it better. Just a little too much bass here and it creates a little boxiness. It's still good; Traceless does it better.
I cannot wait to get my cable. Should be here in the next 2 to 30 weeks. :wink: I should be getting the M0 shell somewhere in that same timeframe and I’m throwing the 40 Ohm driver in it. I’d prefer to run it balanced, but I’ll probably just do the 2V mode on my Qudelix Using the M2s pro cable.

Aug 6, 2021 at 5:46 AM Post #56,945 of 75,216
I can live with a less detailed treble than a shouty mids. That's good to hear then. At least it has an excellent bass and big soundstage according to Kyouma. Thanks. I see you have the Blur White Face PK16. How is the bass on that one? I got a 64ohm Blur from Woody which has a very good mids and treble quality, however it's too forward for my liking and the bass is just ok. I wonder how the White Face sounds for you.
That forwardness may not be as "forward" as you think but rather your reaction to a rather resolute and detailed signature. The Blur House Sound tuning can be a bit confusing and quite overwhelming at first. Usually taking many experienced audiophiles some time to adjust to.... as long as a few weeks even (like in my case when I first listened to Blurs). Use your other earbuds for a solid week or so and then go back to the Blurs, give them a few days and that forwardness may have retreated as your ears and brain better learn to process the highly detailed tuning.

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2021 at 6:05 AM Post #56,946 of 75,216
@jrazmar

I will report back.

K64 is a good set (for my taste). I ordered Iris 2.0 and Ancestor some days ago.

How is the F150c?

The F150c is kind of like a discovery earbud for me. It's on the cheap side but the sound is classy. I bought it after reading here in HF like years ago and just did not spend enough time to listen to it because I was so engrossed with other hyped earphones that I also bought to try like the Zen 1 & 2, Liebesleid and Turandot. Finally when I got tired of those earphones, I tried the F150c thinking I can just do casual listening in the office then throw it in my bag. However, a revelation happened to me and for the first time, I felt happy enjoying my music. It actually put a smile on my face. I'm not good with words specially the technical stuff but it is just natural and open sounding. It has enough bass, highs and mids and soundstage and separation for the music that I listen to. Maybe it's the tonality and how comforting it sounds like speakers instead of like earphones. In short, I like the sound signature. If I can wish for it to improve more is for the vocals to come out just a little upfront. Not too forward because I hate shouty sounds but maybe 10% more present. Even without it, I am a happy camper.

Take note though that I am listening to it via a USB DAC dongle which for me greatly affected the overall sound. There is a very comprehensive review of USB audio dongles by Mr. Andy that you can find here: https://andyaudiovault.com/donglemadness/. He used to have a dedicated thread here at HF but something controversial happened that made him removed all his posts on that thread. He is a good guy and he gave me a totally new perspective of how some of these inexpensive dongles can help define and refine the sound of our audio equipment. Just using a smartphone with the dongle is like using a mid tier dedicated DAP. Sorry for the very long reply. :)

For the K64, it's actually K64S. I think the standard K64 is OFC and the K64S that I bought is using 6U-PET plug. I don't know if it's better but that's what I chose.

Aug 6, 2021 at 9:03 AM Post #56,947 of 75,216
That forwardness may not be as "forward" as you think but rather your reaction to a rather resolute and detailed signature. The Blur House Sound tuning can be a bit confusing and quite overwhelming at first. Usually taking many experienced audiophiles some time to adjust to.... as long as a few weeks even (like in my case when I first listened to Blurs). Use your other earbuds for a solid week or so and then go back to the Blurs, give them a few days and that forwardness may have retreated as your ears and brain better learn to process the highly detailed tuning.
I had the Liebesleid which is super detailed and still have the Turandot which tends to be aggressive up top. Who knows I may learn to like the Blur in due time. :ksc75smile:

Aug 6, 2021 at 10:37 AM Post #56,948 of 75,216
The F150c is kind of like a discovery earbud for me. It's on the cheap side but the sound is classy. I bought it after reading here in HF like years ago and just did not spend enough time to listen to it because I was so engrossed with other hyped earphones that I also bought to try like the Zen 1 & 2, Liebesleid and Turandot. Finally when I got tired of those earphones, I tried the F150c thinking I can just do casual listening in the office then throw it in my bag. However, a revelation happened to me and for the first time, I felt happy enjoying my music. It actually put a smile on my face. I'm not good with words specially the technical stuff but it is just natural and open sounding. It has enough bass, highs and mids and soundstage and separation for the music that I listen to. Maybe it's the tonality and how comforting it sounds like speakers instead of like earphones. In short, I like the sound signature. If I can wish for it to improve more is for the vocals to come out just a little upfront. Not too forward because I hate shouty sounds but maybe 10% more present. Even without it, I am a happy camper.

Take note though that I am listening to it via a USB DAC dongle which for me greatly affected the overall sound. There is a very comprehensive review of USB audio dongles by Mr. Andy that you can find here: https://andyaudiovault.com/donglemadness/. He used to have a dedicated thread here at HF but something controversial happened that made him removed all his posts on that thread. He is a good guy and he gave me a totally new perspective of how some of these inexpensive dongles can help define and refine the sound of our audio equipment. Just using a smartphone with the dongle is like using a mid tier dedicated DAP. Sorry for the very long reply. :)

For the K64, it's actually K64S. I think the standard K64 is OFC and the K64S that I bought is using 6U-PET plug. I don't know if it's better but that's what I chose.

Thank you, dude!

I'm looking for cans like buds (soundwise, off course). Currently, I'm interested in F150c, hp150, and HE150.

I was about to order the zen LL but I'm giving up due to a fews reasons (overpriced, plastic shells, weird cable, poor capabilities with some tracks,...).

Mr. Andy is really a very nice guy whose work regarding dongles is just amazing! I know him from some groups on Facebook. As a lot of guys here, he deserves my respect.

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2021 at 10:37 AM Post #56,949 of 75,216
Aug 6, 2021 at 10:39 AM Post #56,950 of 75,216
Rankings for the other irises:

Ancestor = A
Grey = A-

Aug 6, 2021 at 11:08 AM Post #56,951 of 75,216
Thank you, dude!

I'm looking for cans like buds (soundwise, off course). Currently, I'm interested in F150c, hp150, and HE150.

I was about to order the zen LL but I'm giving up due to a fews reasons (overpriced, plastic shells, weird cable, poor capabilities with some tracks,...).

Mr. Andy is really a very nice guy whose work regarding dongles is just amazing! I know him from some groups on Facebook. As a lot of guys here, he deserves my respect.
I'm always interested in these. If you have a chance, buy 2 pairs of HE150. My next order will be HP150s. From my experience, every 150ohm driver I tried had great stock tuning.

Aug 6, 2021 at 11:42 AM Post #56,952 of 75,216
YINCROW X6 TRUE UPGRADE!!!

Yeah, you heard me. The true upgrade for the X6 has finally been found! It is by taking the K´s LBBS and applying this PEQ preset:

Low-shelf: 80hz, Q: 1, Gain: 15db
Low-shelf: 250hz, Q: 0.6, Gain: 2db
High-shelf: 7500hz, Q: 1, Gain: 1db
Preamp: -15db

With this preset, I say the tonally gets to like 99,99% of the X6. I went as far as listening to both buds (L = LBBS and R = X6, and vice versa) at the same time to confirm this.

Same ranking as the stock LBBS (S+), technicalities is a step down from the stock tuning, but it more than makes up for it with the tonality.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Aug 6, 2021 at 6:26 PM Post #56,953 of 75,216
Anyone going to CanJam?

Aug 6, 2021 at 6:35 PM Post #56,954 of 75,216
Aug 6, 2021 at 7:29 PM Post #56,955 of 75,216
Ain't it da' truph?

11192856.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back