Earbuds Round-Up
Jul 11, 2021 at 12:45 AM Post #56,042 of 75,326
Can anyone recommend me a >50ohm earbud to drive with LG G7 (quad dac)?
Preferences:
*relaxed sound with zero sibilance
*wide soundstage + clear separation

Open to anything between $20 - $200
oh man, what a coincidence! I was about to ask the exact same specifications! When an audio-enthusiast listens to a lot of music, non-fatiguing is the first thing he looks for!

Hopefully I don't "ruin" your request, but I would like to place one for the community as well, but a lower budget, <100.

Perhaps, anything new that fits?

Jul 11, 2021 at 12:53 AM Post #56,044 of 75,326
Preferences:

Maybe VE Zen LL? I'm still evaluating the soundstage and separation though...

Jul 11, 2021 at 1:07 AM Post #56,045 of 75,326
A quick note about the JCALLY EP09.
The sound is very good for the asking price. They have a very good resolution, quite good soundstage and separation, good fast bass response, though very little subbass, good highs and mids. The tuning is on the warmer side.

Tips: 1) If you find the sound strange/bad, try longer burn-in, 100+ hours. They seem to be still improving...
2) If you don't hear any bass, try thicker foams or double foams or fins.

TLDR: Don't give up on EP09 yet!

Jul 11, 2021 at 1:12 AM Post #56,046 of 75,326
Anyone can compare M2s pro with st10s gold driver and a proper St10s gold?
M2s pro with st10s gold driver looks less expensive than a proper st10s gold…

i currently have an st10s silver and would like to upgrade to gold, in the cheapest way possible.

thanks

Jul 11, 2021 at 1:35 AM Post #56,048 of 75,326
Anyone can compare M2s pro with st10s gold driver and a proper St10s gold?
M2s pro with st10s gold driver looks less expensive than a proper st10s gold…

i currently have an st10s silver and would like to upgrade to gold, in the cheapest way possible.

thanks

I already made a post about the ST10S Black Gold versus stock M2S Pro yesterday: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/earbuds-round-up.441400/page-3735#post-16448938 --> written in the last paragraph. They are sidegrades actually, so the M2S Pro isn't too far away from the ST10S Black Gold, and if you like the stock M2S Pro, perhaps you won't even need the ST10S Black Gold driver.

Don't have the Black Gold driver to put in the M2S Pro, but I'll try to buy one at the next sale.

Preferences:

Is there any particular reason why you want something > 50 ohm?

Anyways the M2S Pro in stock form is neutralish with a subbass boost, it does have a bit of a boosted upper mids area, I personally am not bothered by it, especially with full foams on, but perhaps some sensitive to that area may.

The Yincrow RW-2000 is smoother in the upper mids than the M2S Pro, but it has less subbass and is also much more expensive. Both it and the M2S Pro have really good technical chops for a earbud.

The FAAEAL Rosemary is an L shaped bassy and warm set, zero sibilance but treble is dark, so there are some loss of microdetails and clarity. Also is 150 ohms so needs amping, sounds very meh from lower powered sources. I haven't tried the LG G7, so not sure if it can juice the Rosemary adequately.

@RikudouGoku 's favourite Yincrow X6 must also be mentioned, if not lightning will strike! Great tonality and timbre, think of the BLON BL-03, but in IEM form. Not the best technicalities, upper mids and treble are relaxed.

Last edited:
Jul 11, 2021 at 1:39 AM Post #56,049 of 75,326
Last edited:
Jul 11, 2021 at 1:42 AM Post #56,050 of 75,326

Anyways the M2S Pro in stock form is neutralish with a subbass boost, it does have a bit of a boosted upper mids area, I personally am not bothered by it, especially with full foams on, but perhaps some sensitive to that area may.

The Yincrow RW-2000 is smoother in the upper mids than the M2S Pro, but it has less subbass and is also much more expensive. Both it and the M2S Pro have really good technical chops for a earbud.

The FAAEAL Rosemary is an L shaped bassy and warm set, zero sibilance but treble is dark, so there are some loss of microdetails and clarity. Also is 150 ohms so needs amping, sounds very meh from lower powered sources. I haven't tried the LG G7, so not sure if it can juice the Rosemary adequately.

@RikudouGoku 's favourite Yincrow X6 must also be mentioned, if not lightning will strike! Great tonality and timbre, think of the BLON BL-03, but in IEM form. Not the best technicalities, upper mids and treble are relaxed.
Only high impedance model (> 50ohm) will activate LG QuadDAC option

Jul 11, 2021 at 1:47 AM Post #56,051 of 75,326
I already made a post about the ST10S Black Gold versus stock M2S Pro yesterday: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/earbuds-round-up.441400/page-3735#post-16448938

Check out the last paragraph.

Don't have the Black Gold driver to put in the M2S Pro, but I'll try to buy one at the next sale.

You always give great advice! Of the few earbuds I've heard the Rosemary is the most dark and what I'd consider an 'in bed' earbud, the X6 is the 'late evening' fun wind down. I can really up the volume on them and there's no sibilance in sight. I feel both are quite similar in staging in that its not bad, but this is just from memory.

Jul 11, 2021 at 1:53 AM Post #56,052 of 75,326
Only high impedance model (> 50ohm) will activate LG QuadDAC option
There are multiple ways to do this, but the easiest way to trick your LG into going into quad DAC mode with lower impedance phones is: HERE

Jul 11, 2021 at 2:00 AM Post #56,053 of 75,326
Last edited:
Jul 11, 2021 at 2:02 AM Post #56,054 of 75,326
I already made a post about the ST10S Black Gold versus stock M2S Pro yesterday: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/earbuds-round-up.441400/page-3735#post-16448938

Check out the last paragraph.

I will do a direct comparison of FAAEAL Rosemary and VE Zen LL.
I enjoy both of them...

Jul 11, 2021 at 2:07 AM Post #56,055 of 75,326
Was going to say there are also passive adaptors that will work (probably better). Also, if you have removeable cables on the phones themselves, you can disconnect them, plug the cable into the phone (which will switch it to "aux mode", then plug the cable back into the phones. I saw all these tips at https://www.head-fi.org/threads/music-apps-tips-and-tricks-for-the-lg-v30.868978/. :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back