Earbuds Round-Up
Jun 18, 2021 at 7:20 PM Post #55,201 of 75,467
Just curious, what is your "WOW" buds? The one that made you say, "d*mn, these sound awesome!"

Looking to purchase another one as my MS16 is dying on me (I think it can be fixed with a recable which I can do, but if that's the case, then I won't have a reason to purchase a new earbud 😝)

Budget is sub-100 USD. Any sound signature will do.
The SHOONTH ESEP-01BL's bass performance and wide soundstage are great attractions. :L3000:
And the DP100 type shells are thinner than the MX500 type shells and fit more comfortably in the ear.
https://penonaudio.com/earphones/earbuds/shoonth-esep-01bl.html

Jun 18, 2021 at 7:23 PM Post #55,202 of 75,467
If anyone has an interest in the Ansata Pro, I found a Russian review.

https://www.ixbt.com/live/digs/obzor-dinamicheskih-naushnikov-vkladyshey-ourart-ansata-pro.html

The previous Ourart models 'ACG' and 'Ti7' have been praised for their excellent mids and the Ansata Pro is supposed to be an upgrade over those 2 which has piqued my interest, and the price makes it very tempting.

I'll do some more research over the weekend on other earbuds but I think I am almost set on getting the Yincrow RW-2000 this summer sale.
Poor low end (too open in front of driver) and fit are the main issue of this earbud design.

Jun 18, 2021 at 7:34 PM Post #55,203 of 75,467
The SHOONTH ESEP-01BL's bass performance and wide soundstage are great attractions. :L3000:
And the DP100 type shells are thinner than the MX500 type shells and fit more comfortably in the ear.
https://penonaudio.com/earphones/earbuds/shoonth-esep-01bl.html
Yup. Wide stage is amazing on these. :beerchug:
But if you like soundtage in all 3 axis then Tingo TG-38s is the winner here :wink:
They are both very good buds for the money, but they are also different.
Tingo has more spacious sound and ShoonTH is more intimate. One of the reason for that is type of the shell, i.e. the depth of the shell head

Jun 18, 2021 at 7:44 PM Post #55,204 of 75,467
Yup. Wide stage is amazing on these. :beerchug:
But if you like soundtage in all 3 axis then Tingo TG-38s is the winner here :wink:
They are both very good buds for the money, but they are also different.
Tingo has more spacious sound and ShoonTH is more intimate. One of the reason for that is type of the shell, i.e. the depth of the shell head
How about the bass performance of Tingo TG-38s?
The bass performance is main great attraction of SHOONTH ESEP-01BL, isn't it? :grinning:

Jun 18, 2021 at 7:57 PM Post #55,205 of 75,467
How about the bass performance of Tingo TG-38s?
The bass performance is main great attraction of SHOONTH ESEP-01BL, isn't it? :grinning:
sub-bass: Tingo > ShoonTH
bass: Tingo (slower) <= SHOONTH (faster) - both are good, but I like faster bass response (personal preference)
mids (vocals): Tingo < ShoonTH
imaging: Tingo < ShoonTH
soundstage: Tingo > ShoonTH - 3D vs Wide (personal preference)
instruments separation and positioning: Tingo >= ShoonTH - because of big stage (personal preference)
treble: Tingo < ShoonTH
value vs price : Tingo > ShoonTH :wink: - Tingo is twice as cheap
cable : Tingo > ShoonTH :joy: - 100% Tingo

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2021 at 8:25 PM Post #55,207 of 75,467
sub-bass: Tingo > ShoonTH
bass: Tingo (slower) <= SHOONTH (faster) - both are good, but I like faster bass response (personal preference)
mids (vocals): Tingo < ShoonTH
imaging: Tingo < ShoonTH
soundstage: Tingo > ShoonTH - 3D vs Wide (personal preference)
instruments separation and positioning: Tingo >= ShoonTH - because of big stage (personal preference)
treble: Tingo < ShoonTH
value vs price : Tingo > ShoonTH :wink: - Tingo is twice as cheap
cable : Tingo > ShoonTH :joy: - 100% Tingo
Even with your judgement, it's a tie in terms of sound. :L3000:

I used to have a silver TG-38s with the "TC200" stamp, but I was not impressed with the sound of it.
Do you know if your Tingo TG-38s is a different product from that?

Is your Tingo TG-38s really a Tingo product?
Finally, where can we buy your Tingo TG-38s?:thinking:

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2021 at 8:47 PM Post #55,208 of 75,467
Even with your judgement, it's a tie in terms of sound. :L3000:

I used to have a TG-38s with the "TC-100" stamp, but I was not impressed with the sound of it.
Do you know if your Tingo TG-38s is a different product from that?

Finally, where can we buy your Tingo TG-38s?:thinking:
I never saw TC-100. I have TC-200, TC-400 i wont count because is fake and TG-38c. Tc-100 is probably the entry level model.

DIY Earphone Tribe Store: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32437597232.html
Chitty's Store: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32435966900.html
Now I want to explain something. The main image on these links looks like it has paracord beige cable, but the image is overexposed with yellow tint.
Also, you have branding on Y-spiter and plug. You will not get that cable, probably they replaced cable because new cable is softer.
OG cable is probably similar to TC-200 which is a bit rigid
Also Left and Right marks on the shell stem have white circle around letter. TC-200 has only L & R letters.
IMG_20210619_023849.jpg

@FranQL found this link where they copied the entire text and images from the Taobao link. This store does not seem reliable to me

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2021 at 8:50 PM Post #55,209 of 75,467
Just curious, what is your "WOW" buds? The one that made you say, "d*mn, these sound awesome!"

Looking to purchase another one as my MS16 is dying on me (I think it can be fixed with a recable which I can do, but if that's the case, then I won't have a reason to purchase a new earbud 😝)

Newbsound

Jun 18, 2021 at 8:54 PM Post #55,210 of 75,467
Earbuds and running is an oxymoron because of the loose fit.

You could try silicon fins/hooks like those in the Venture Electronics Ex Pack.
https://www.veclan.com/engappliance_sel_one?eng_ApplianceVo.eac_id=14
https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?SearchText=earbud+hooks+silicone

"Running" + "waynes world" is an oxymoron lol. But I do jog, and I personally don't have any problems with buds staying put in my ears as long as (a) the cable is pliable and not stiff; (b) they fit snugly in my ears - usually with appropriate foams; and (c) they are not too heavy.

Luckily for me, my "WOW" buds always seem to be the latest ones I put in my ears! :)

PS: Right now, it's the Zen 1.0's. Classics.

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2021 at 9:27 PM Post #55,211 of 75,467
I never saw TC-100. I have TC-200, TC-400 i wont count because is fake and TG-38c. Tc-100 is probably the entry level model.

DIY Earphone Tribe Store: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32437597232.html
Chitty's Store: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32435966900.html
Now I want to explain something. The main image on these links looks like it has paracord beige cable, but the image is overexposed with yellow tint.
Also, you have branding on Y-spiter and plug. You will not get that cable, probably they replaced cable because new cable is softer.
OG cable is probably similar to TC-200 which is a bit rigid
Also Left and Right marks on the shell stem have white circle around letter. TC-200 has only L & R letters.
IMG_20210619_023849.jpg

@FranQL found this link where they copied the entire text and images from the Taobao link. This store does not seem reliable to me
Hmmm, a DIY product for the Tingo TG-38S...

Jun 18, 2021 at 9:35 PM Post #55,213 of 75,467
Hmmm, a DIY product for the Tingo TG-38S...
I'm tried to find Thingo DIY driver but without lack. I don’t think it’s just selling a driver separately

Jun 19, 2021 at 12:09 AM Post #55,214 of 75,467
Been listening to the K's Earphone 64S more this morning. In my earlier post I mentioned based on a quick listen, I still like the Aurvana Air more, but after more time with the K64S, the tuning is growing on me, and it's a toss up for me now (still like the ME80 more though). :joy:

The bass on the K64S seems a bit tighter, so the lower mids and mid bass sounds cleaner and clearer. But the Aurvana Air has a bit more upper mids energy which makes female vocals and brighter instruments shine a bit more. Detail retrieval I think might be a tad better on the K64s, but that extra upper mids give the Aurvana Air a bit more "perceived" clarity. So it's a toss up for me now just solely based on sound quality. Both are enjoyable in their own way to me. It'll be a different story if I factor in price though. Not to mention the cable on the K64S is so much better than the one on the Aurvana Air. :sob:

IMAGE 2021-06-19 11:53:41.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2021 at 12:51 AM Post #55,215 of 75,467
Having been 2 weeks of using K's LBBS, I'm totally satisfied. At last, I think I found my end-game for low-fi earbud (got them with 32$ through Shopee).
Sound impression (with 1 layer of thick full-foam): nicely detailed and balanced sound, bass is enough, treble is extended, mid is not forward or backward, sound-stage is so so.
-Compared to EA: LBBS is less in bass, sub-bass quantity but more detail and bigger 3D sound-stage, EA is kind of dark sound with a little bit muddy mid (only OK when using with 3-4 small holes full foam), off-treble and small sound-stage => overall, LBBS is much more enjoyable.
-Compared to RW-9: RW-9 shows wider sound-stage with bigger bass and real sub-bass, make better initial wow effect but LBBS win in detail, treble extension, precise instruments position and not-backward mid => overall LBBS is more balanced and more all-rounded. However, RW-9 is greater for asking price.
-Compared to my DIY PK1 Red-film 150ohm (with 7n copper cable, Oyaide plug): PK1 red-film has smoother performance, better in instruments sound and position, wider sound-stage but insufficient in bass quantity (however, very well response to EQ) and treble extension. Overall, PK1 Red-film is more relaxed, LBBS is more lively performance.
K's LBBS is definitely worth for an all-rounded earbud recommendation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back