Earbuds Round-Up
Jun 14, 2021 at 4:18 AM Post #54,976 of 75,149
DIY 500ohm graphene driver is slightly better than DIY 400ohm graphene. Either of these two you choose, you will not regret.
I own 400ohm and 600ohm beryllium, they both very good, but @Themilkman46290 said that 500ohm is the best of these DIY high impedance drivers.
I have 400 ohm drivers and I'm waiting to receive the 500 ohms. I wanted a comparison with TOTL earbuds like Yincrow RW, K's etc

Jun 14, 2021 at 4:20 AM Post #54,977 of 75,149
Totally opposite here in the Philippines where it's almost always summertime except when it rains or a typhoon comes
Then I suggest going with heavy metal (not genre) shells, tungsten or brass,
not because of low resonance, but because of typhoons.
At least you'll be sure they won't fly away :wink: :beerchug:

Last edited:
Jun 14, 2021 at 4:23 AM Post #54,978 of 75,149
Turandot are great headphones, I never thought they were boring, the only problem is that metal front covers are not suitable for our winter climate in Russia, so I sold them, and a few Ling from K's. Hopefully Lee will supply plastic front covers for the upcoming new PK metal case
I see it @golov17. Totally opposite here in the Philippines where it's almost always summertime except when it rains or a typhoon comes and never winter. I agree. Turandot has never been boring but rather resolved yet musical. Then again people have different tastes, varying equipment and use case so only our own ears can tell. :)
Indeed, couldn't agree with you more. I listen to a lot of ambient and Turandot performed admirably.

Jun 14, 2021 at 5:00 AM Post #54,979 of 75,149
Then I suggest going with heavy metal (not genre) shells, tungsten or brass,
not because of low resonance, but because of typhoons.
At least you'll be sure they won't fly away :wink: :beerchug:
hahaha. with heavy metal shells, for sure I would be one of the casualties who were not able to run from the storm surge...:runner:

Anyone here who have heard the Turandot? Which earbuds have sounded better for you?

Last edited:
Jun 14, 2021 at 5:38 AM Post #54,980 of 75,149
hahaha. with heavy metal shells, for sure I would be one of the casualties who were not able to run from the storm surge...:runner:

Anyone here who have heard the Turandot? Which earbuds have sounded better for you?
Blur and Ks Bell-Ti 120Ω when it was working!

Jun 14, 2021 at 5:57 AM Post #54,981 of 75,149
Blur and Ks Bell-Ti 120Ω when it was working!
K's Bell-Ti is way out of my budget as of the moment. This Blur where can I check it out? I supposed it is custom-made and not sure if I would want a high impedance earbuds since I don't use a dedicated DAP after I sold my stuff. Pixel phone + Amazon's USB-C mini amp or ES100 + SoundID App is enough for me right now for portability and convenience. My Turandot with the above setup + Koss KPH7G preset sounds very good - impactful, big bass and wide soundstage with smooth yet natural tonality. Listening right now to Alan Walker and some good BTS music. :)

Last edited:
Jun 14, 2021 at 8:26 AM Post #54,982 of 75,149
Starting down the rabbit hole ... Based on RikudouGoku's reviews I got the NiceHCK MX500 which I like a lot. I decided against the Yincrow X6 because I prefer detail over bass. (By way of comparison, my favorite IEM for now is the Etymotic ER2XR. Musical preference is mostly acoustic, classical rock, singer/songwriter).

Of course it doesn't stop there so recently I ordered the Yincrow as well and, as I suspected, comparing the two I do prefer the resolution and clarity (to my ears) of the MX500. So keeping in mind the upcoming AliExpress sale - is there a relatively cheap (under about $30) next step up from the MX500? Or is this as good as it gets in this price range. TIA to anyone who takes the time to answer.

Last edited:
Jun 14, 2021 at 9:07 AM Post #54,987 of 75,149
Starting down the rabbit hole ... Based on RikudouGoku's reviews I got the NiceHCK MX500 which I like a lot. I decided against the Yincrow X6 because I prefer detail over bass. (By way of comparison, my favorite IEM for now is the Etymotic ER2XR. Musical preference is mostly acoustic, classical rock, singer/songwriter).

Of course it doesn't stop there so recently I ordered the Yincrow as well and, as I suspected, comparing the two I do prefer the resolution and clarity (to my ears) of the MX500. So keeping in mind the upcoming AliExpress sale - is there a relatively cheap (under about $30) next step up from the MX500? Or is this as good as it gets in this price range. TIA to anyone who takes the time to answer.
Unfortunately, I dont think you be able to find the upgrade to the MX500 anywhere close to its price....

If you want an upgrade in terms of higher resolution and better technicalities, I say you need to look at the Moondrop Chaconne to get a real upgrade. But you are also sacrificing some bass quantity to get that even with the Chaconne due to the MX500 shell fitting a bit deeper and therefore you get more bass with them.

So honestly, I would say that the NiceHCK MX500, NiceHCK ME80 and the Yincrow X6 (depending on preferences) are likely to be endgame for a lot of people that dont want to spend like 30x more to get a real upgrade...

Jun 14, 2021 at 9:19 AM Post #54,988 of 75,149
Unfortunately, I dont think you be able to find the upgrade to the MX500 anywhere close to its price....

If you want an upgrade in terms of higher resolution and better technicalities, I say you need to look at the Moondrop Chaconne to get a real upgrade. But you are also sacrificing some bass quantity to get that even with the Chaconne due to the MX500 shell fitting a bit deeper and therefore you get more bass with them.

So honestly, I would say that the NiceHCK MX500, NiceHCK ME80 and the Yincrow X6 (depending on preferences) are likely to be endgame for a lot of people that dont want to spend like 30x more to get a real upgrade...
I think you should try K's LBBS...

Jun 14, 2021 at 9:22 AM Post #54,989 of 75,149
Jun 14, 2021 at 9:24 AM Post #54,990 of 75,149
If this were so ... I would have left the world of buds the first week.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back