Earbuds Round-Up
May 28, 2021 at 1:27 PM Post #54,481 of 75,268
hahha, yeah. That would probably be smart to do, nothing has surpassed it from my experience.
hmm... let's hope my order gets filled

Notification_Center-2.png

May 28, 2021 at 1:28 PM Post #54,482 of 75,268
May 28, 2021 at 1:40 PM Post #54,483 of 75,268
and this is even more noticeable in the buds, where you must also discover what your best fit is. If you do it based on TOLT models, your € can be stored in a drawer ... It will not matter the detachable cable and everything else
Exactley.
Damn, now you sure got enough backups lol.

Better leave one for @baskingshark to get, he needs to hear it!
After @Sam_L purchase there will be no X6. :sunglasses: Case closed

May 28, 2021 at 2:05 PM Post #54,486 of 75,268
Last edited:
May 28, 2021 at 2:05 PM Post #54,487 of 75,268
one thing I find funny after looking up reviews of these TOTL earbuds recommended to me because I want v-shape is, everyone says "neutral presentation." I guess neutral is highly subjective lol

A "pure" V shape in buds I think is impossible to get. of what I have tried, perhaps the 1008 is the closest thing.

Last edited:
May 28, 2021 at 2:12 PM Post #54,488 of 75,268
Yeah, I think at this point I should temper my expectations and be okay with buying an earbud for form factor + openness. My ME80s sound good and are so comfortable, but if the cable dies or I need more clarity, I can go to my EBX21 and EQ a V-shape to get it close. I still appreciate everyone's input, I'm sure y'all are wiser than me and I just had unrealistic expectations going in :)

May 28, 2021 at 2:13 PM Post #54,489 of 75,268
A "pure" V shape in buds I think is impossible to get. of what I have tried, perhaps the 1008 is the closest thing.
Dont think you can get as much sub-bass nor as recessed mids as on iems with buds. But v-shaped buds do exist, like the Samsara K300.

May 28, 2021 at 8:17 PM Post #54,490 of 75,268
alright so honestly, after looking at your earbud review/comparison spreadsheet, maybe I don’t even want V-shaped. I’m finding the ME80 with double foams right where I want them to be, maybe could have a bit more clarity/detail for female vocals.

You have the EBX21 which I find thin, and the ME80 which I find just right, both labeled as “Neutral.” So if you have RW-2000s as bass-boosted neutral, that just might be what I want. I just wish they weren’t blue LOL.

I’ll order some different foams and play around with them on the EBX21 before I look to start spending triple digits again. Right now I have to use the silicone wings for EBX21 because of the fitment, but maybe they’ll sound better with foam/add some low end and tame down the highs for me.

May 28, 2021 at 11:13 PM Post #54,491 of 75,268
Damn, now you sure got enough backups lol.

Better leave one for @baskingshark to get, he needs to hear it!

Haha the way u are putting it, is Yincrow X6 like the BLON BL-03 of the earbud world?

alright so honestly, after looking at your earbud review/comparison spreadsheet, maybe I don’t even want V-shaped. I’m finding the ME80 with double foams right where I want them to be, maybe could have a bit more clarity/detail for female vocals.

You have the EBX21 which I find thin, and the ME80 which I find just right, both labeled as “Neutral.” So if you have RW-2000s as bass-boosted neutral, that just might be what I want. I just wish they weren’t blue LOL.

I’ll order some different foams and play around with them on the EBX21 before I look to start spending triple digits again. Right now I have to use the silicone wings for EBX21 because of the fitment, but maybe they’ll sound better with foam/add some low end and tame down the highs for me.

If u find the NiceHCK EBX21 a bit thin, try using double foams, and perhaps a warmer source.

I think the HE150 Pro is V shaped to my ears, but unfortunately it ain't sold no more.

May 29, 2021 at 12:31 AM Post #54,494 of 75,268
Taking a break and changing over from the Sun Copper to Monk Plus and Monk Go was refreshing. Way more comfortable to wear over longer periods.
I also found my buddies VE Sun "Dice" (the Aluminum & Steel version) to be rather fatiguing to wear as well. The design and weight of the shell is somewhat unbalanced so it feels rather heavy and achy. Though very nice sounding I must admit.

May 29, 2021 at 1:14 AM Post #54,495 of 75,268
I also found my buddies VE Sun "Dice" (the Aluminum & Steel version) to be rather fatiguing to wear as well. The design and weight of the shell is somewhat unbalanced so it feels rather heavy and achy. Though very nice sounding I must admit.
My exact sentiments. I will always go back to it for the sound but leave it after the discomfort comes back. I felt they should have come with a lighter cable. Hopefully Lee can do something about it in the future revisions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back